SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MY FINAL POST/THREAD

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
This website makes up about 2% of my life, and is hardly worth the stress it causes at times.

I think you might be wrong on this point Bro., of it hardly being worth the stress it causes. I've been thinking alot of late about how Christians go to church and play the game in the place of having real fellowship and true community. I think it's because it hurts to get that close to people. I can remember when my husband and I first came together (I was in sin and far from God), we were living together and I was pregnant. I think I was about the 5th woman he had lived with, but he had never married. One day, when we had been together about 8 months, he said to me,"loving you hurts, I want to leave, but I can't". I said to him, "Buddy, you're just getting started! You haven't even begun to love someone till it starts to hurt."

I think that's our problem much of the time. We won't stick around long enough to really love someone. It's easier to go. Less stress. Krispy, I haven't had much interaction with you, but I wish you would continue to push here. You haven't said anything I can't live with, although I must admit I haven't read all of what you've had to say for lack of time.

Recently, I realized how we lie to each other. We are talking to people to their face and smiling while, in the back of our mind, we are thinking bad things about them. I don't think that happens so much here, because we have the buffer of cyberspace. It allows room for a little more honesty. I think we need to start being honest with our brethren who are right in front of us. Oh yes, it will stir up some poop, but, how are we going to get past this swamp of poop if we don't go through it? I say, let's jump in! I don't care to get dirty. Anyone else game? Love you all. Dian.

2005/4/24 17:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

You just got to love it...

Dian,

Always, always love hearing from you!
Please, tell us how you really feel..

God love you sister, come on in, might want some waders though... :-?

Thanks for this huge smile

2005/4/24 18:01Profile

Re: Healingwaters

Quote:
you took the spirit of what I wrote Krispy, (whose real first name I wish I knew) wrong.

I was not rebuking him, I was giving him what the Holy Spirit gave me. I'm sorry you took that as "control freak", I took it as obedience to the Lord. Krispy is free to recieve it, or ignore it.

lets let him tell me whether he did or not.

Neil...

First off... name is Steve.

Secondly, and please dont be offended by this, but the "word" you had for me was not from the Lord. If this was an issue of pride for me I would die on this hill defending my opinions. I have chosen not to. I have chosen to walk away and let the chips fall where they may. You yourself stated on another thread that everything that can be said about the RCC, Billy Graham, or any number of other things... has been said.

This is not rebellion, for I am being obedient to the Word when Jesus warned us about where we cast our pearls. (and NO... I'm NOT calling anyone "swine"... I'm just making a point)

I've voiced my opinions, my interpretations, etc. Some have listened, some have not. I have listened and learned from many (philologos comes to mind), and from others I have not.

What else is there?

There has been an influx of ecumenism on this forum since the death of the Pope. Not sure it's an influx, maybe his death just brought it to the surface. But now we're chastised for discussing their teachings at a time when I feel it's desperately needed.

It was plainly said that taking a stand agaisnt modern versions was blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It was said that this past weekend. Mike... I wasnt stretching for anything there... I was paraphrasing a post. If this was an issue of pride for me... I would counter his claims... but I wont.

I dont have any hard feelings toward anyone. Everyone please hear me on that. All I am doing is saying look, I've stated my position on a number of issues. There comes a time to shake off the dust.

There are those here that will testify that I have privately gone to them and made things right concerning times when i may have stepped over the line with them. Karl (Healingwaters) is a perfect example of what reconciliation between brothers can be. He and I didnt hit it off well when he first came here... but we both apologized privately and now I consider him to be a dear friend. And he and I are not in 100% agreement on everything. Let this be a lesson to all who read this.

I leave here in good conscience.

Krispy

2005/4/25 7:07

Re: Offenses

I am going to keep this short because thru out this thread one thing that EVERYONE does not seem to understand or SEE in the postings either by me or Krispy, is that over and over again, he has stated that:

[b][size=small][color=006600]"I am NOT offended"[/color][/size][/b]

So please stop writing these 'offensive' posts.

Write something sensible like:

"[color=996666]Brother Krispy, it has been a pleasure knowing and having you on this forum. Tho we haven't seen eye to eye on everything, but I appreciate you just the same. I hope that you will drop by from time to time and check up on us, and I wish you the best my brother. God bless.[/color]"

2005/4/25 9:58
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Krispy,

What does PMd mean?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/25 10:29Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

PM is an acronym:

{P}rivate {M}essage.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/4/25 10:30Profile

Re: Krispy

Wounds are part of battle, my dear brother in Christ. But the Warrior in this army is here to the death. We do not turn away. Nor do we fight with sword. It's by His Spirit, and He said so. When there is so little of "us" left alive, that is when the great victories began to happen in our lives. To turn away this close the finish line is not the heart of God, beloved.
Anyone who attacks truth, attacks God. It's not our battle, it's God's. If however, someone attacks tradition, we may need to humble ourselves and re-examine the foundation that our belief system is based upon.

For those who may not know, I have received many private messages from Krispy, all full of love and encouragement. Each one has blessed me to the depth of my heart. From what I've seen, there are many others here who have received such notes. That comes from the heart of an exhorter. Krispy is an exhorter. Thanks be to God. Even exhorters need exhortation. I know I do. And Krispy has been lavish with the love of Jesus.

I've seen things posted by Krispy that don't match up with "my personal theology". So? It matters not. What matters is that we continue to share what is on our hearts, weak and strong. I'll stand in the gap of the wall around your life, and you do the same for me.

I've leared a lot, in my short time here. But I've been blessed beyond measure.The truth teaches, but when it is served in love, it's irresistable.

I've told Krisppy in private, and will share with you, that I don't get involved in all posts. Who could have that much time even if they wanted too? So I pray to be led by the Holy
Spirit which ones I open and respond too. I try not to get involved in emotion, although I'm a pretty emotional guy. But I want to go where I can contribute and be blessed. So far, it's been wonderful. The Spirit of the Lord abounds here.

So Krispy, we have the Lord here because we bring Him here. We have 100% pure God residing in us, but not 100% of God. The more of "us" that are here, the more of God is here. If you decide not to return, so be it. But the special anointing that you have will be taken from us. That cannot be replaced. So I ask you to seek the Lord, let the blood flow, yours and His, and continue to let the joy of the Lord in your life be enjoyed by us all.

2005/4/25 10:50
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Lahry wrote:
Wounds are part of battle

Speaking of wounds and battle when does the bleeding stop on this thread? :-P

Now for you that don't know me I was just kidding if you feel it necessary to continue to get your point farther across carry on Soldier, but if not I will furnish the bandages for the wounds. :-?

2005/4/25 11:00Profile
Rahman

Re: MY FINAL POST/THREAD

Man is this one looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnng good-bye! ... :-D

Brother Krisp,

i say this in a real sense of fun because i know you have a sense of humor, "But are you leaving ... again"?!?! ... :-o

This is like "auction" leaving ... I'm going once! ... I'm going twice! ... I'm gone! ... :-?

Technically should'nt your title be "MY FINAL THREAD" since you've posted on this "final" thread more than once? ... :-P

OK ... seriously folks ... i'm firmly convinced that the reason we're oft times refered to as "little children" in scripture is because if we're not careful that's exactly what we act like when things don't quite go our way ...

Paul relayed this in 2Cor.11: 24-28 ...
"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches".

Compared to this i should think that any of us would at least be able to bear anything dished out on this forum ... i once wanted to be exactly like Paul but all i kept hearing from Holy Spirit is "no son I want you to be more like John" ... The more time i spend in His Body the more i understand His reasoning why ... We're dead in Christ without love for one another people ... Were dead as Christ example to the world without love for one another ... i wasn't gonna post on this until i read sister Dian's post about the sticking ability of "love" ...

1Cor.13: 4-9 ...

- Love suffereth long, and is kind ...
- Love envieth not ...
- Love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up ...
- Love doth not behave itself unseemly ...
- Love seeketh not her own ...
- Love is not easily provoked ...
- Love thinketh no evil ...
- Love rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth ...
- Love beareth all things ...
- Love believeth all things ...
- Love hopeth all things ...
[b]- Love endureth all things ...[/b]

[b]- Love never faileth:[/b] but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; [b]whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we (ALL) know in part, and we (ALL) prophesy in part".[/b]

The "in part" part is why Holy Spirit inspired this message of why we all need one another that we all just refuse to "get"!!!

1Cor.12
[12] For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
[13] For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
[14] For the body is not one member, but many.
[15] If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of (leaving) the body; is it therefore not of the body?
[16] And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of (leaving) the body; is it therefore not of the body?
[17] If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
[18] But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
[19] And if they were all one member, where were the body?
[20] But now are they many members, yet but one body.
[21] And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
[22] Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
[23] And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
[24] For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
[25] That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
[26] And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
[27] Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular ...

God put His Body together ... God put SI together, and if He brought you here (as i know He did me) don't you think that any decision for you to leave should be His? ... He has you here for a reason, and if satan is pushing you to go out of here in a "huff" then apparently you haven't learned it ... i noticed on the date of this thread about "leaving" three new members checked in ... i think it pretty safe to say that anyone leaving SI won't stop SI ... Believe it our not Holy Spirit has used SI Forum to teach me in a diversity of ways especially so in how to "take low" in [u][b]CHRIST LOVE ... [/b][/u]

1Pet.4:8 ... "And above all things have fervent love among yourselves: for love shall cover the multitude of sins"

Finally a little story i heard once that sticks with me in keeping vigilant about my "pride" ...

"There once was a fly who lit on the nose of a water buffalo just as it was dipping it's head to take a drink, and thought it was his own fly weight that caused the mighty beast to bow"

Above all else we've got to be careful not to become prideful in how unprideful we pride ourselves to be ...

So come on lets all do one great big cyber brotherly hug and stop all this talk about "leaving" ... :beard:

2005/4/25 11:03Profile

Re: Water Buffalo

Quote:
"There once was a fly who lit on the nose of a water buffalo just as it was dipping it's head to take a drink, and thought it was his own fly weight that caused the mighty beast to bow"

Forget Krispy, I want to know more about the fly and Water Buffalo :-P

2005/4/25 11:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy