SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : How can I be sure that I am saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

How can I be sure that I am saved?

How can I be sure that I am saved?

Hi……Clearly FAITH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS is the way of Atonement. The ONLY way………

In AD96 there was some confusion in the Apostle John’s day about whether the “second generation” folks hanging around Christianity were just borrowing words or putting their FULL WEIGHT on Jesus, abandoning their lives to Him, forsaking their very lives in order to be abandoned into His Blood (true Biblical Faith) and in that day there were pretenders who knew the right “words” to say and the right “culture” to embrace. 1John chapters 1-3 were written as a “test” as to whether they had BIBLICAL Faith and consequential miracle of ReBirth, or just religious jargon. SO, as part two to answer your question, I’d recommend 1John 1-3 as a test for anyone as to whether they have in fact received “the Downpayment that guarantees the Inheritance”—the “gift of the Spirit” “IN you, the hope of Glory.” Since culture and fake “faith” did abound even in John’s day, the COVENANT MIRACLE of the INDWELLING CHRIST could no so easily be counterfeited as the vocabulary. True BIBLICAL Faith is abandonment into the Blood of Christ, not a game. The MIRACLE of Regeneracy is the Proof God said of the Covenant being real, rather than a religious game, or delusion. And the evidence that one HAS given their life to Jesus by Faith in His Blood is the SPIRIT. And His Spirit has EVIDENCE, according to “the disciple whom the Lord loved” : )—the apostle John, by the Inspiration of the Spirit of Christ.

So, do read those chapters with an eye towards, “What does GOD want us to know about the difference between religious folks who borrow words but have never died to themselves (Rom.6) to be reBorn, and those who TRULY have Faith in Christ, the way the BIBLE and JESUS have defined Faith?” Many worldwide (obviously) have found John’s words (God’s Words) helpful on this matter of “who is a Christian, and who is simply a cultural tag-along—religious but no Supernatural SecondBirth by His Blood and Spirit?”

And, then, with all of that as CONTEXT and even repeating some of 1John 1 and 1John 3, John went on to say in chapter 5…

13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

May He be your all in all : )

Was reading this over this morning in the very early hours and just thought it such a good reminder and encouraged me. Sometimes its easy getting caught up in knowing all the "right words" but more and more I am realizing its really about what is going on in my heart, and in my thoughts. JESUS being my all, is so much more then Sunday service or knowing the right things to say. JESUS being my all, really being my all, surfaces when its just me and my thoughts alone in the early hours of the morning. Are my thoughts centered on HIM, is my life one of devotion and submission to HIM, do I love and care for other enough to lay down my pride, rights, opinions, and even my life for them????

All questions on my mind this morning. Sometimes words can be empty if not coming from the right motivation and heart, actions and living it out daily, that produces fruit!

God bless
maryjane

2014/9/29 8:34Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: How can I be sure that I am saved?

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2014/9/29 10:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy