SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : You are Not Your Own-- by Michael Brown

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

You are Not Your Own-- by Michael Brown

Well I intended to post a link to a good article but I am having technical difficulties.

2014/9/25 14:04Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: You are Not Your Own-- by Michael Brown

Thought I'd help you out with this TMK.

From the article:

"If you are a follower of Jesus, then your life is not your own. It belongs entirely to Him. As Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body" (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

This is the opposite of the contemporary American gospel, which teaches that Jesus died to make you into a bigger and better you, to help you fulfill your dreams and goals.

To the contrary, Jesus died for you and me so we too would die—die to sin and self—and live a new life for Him.

That's when we find out what life is really about. That's when we come into our true destiny and purpose.

Despite what many preachers say, Jesus did not come into this world and suffer and die to give us the keys to a happy and prosperous life, although there is endless joy in His presence and everything we need is found in Him.

Instead, the Word says that Jesus "died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised" (2 Cor. 5:15)...."

Rest of article here: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/45538-you-are-not-your-own

2014/9/25 15:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

thanks oracio- for some reason my iphone wasn't cutting and pasting!

2014/9/25 17:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy