SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Must See Video

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Must See Video

Saints you are going to love this. Google search parameter " YouTube Video of U S Marines Singing Days of Elijah".

I have watched the YouTube and it is joyful to see these soldiers singing this worship song. Note the Marine Oorah interjected.

Enjoy. And God bless the USMC.

Bear.

2014/9/21 22:54
TMK

NC, USA

Re: A Must See Video

Hi bear-

This is quite good. My wife pointed it out to me a couple of days ago.

I know you and I have had some disagreement about "christian pacifism" for lack of a better term. How do you feel about the possibility of these men being sent into combat where they are expected to pull the trigger? Are they wrong for doing so? Not trying to start a huge discussion; just curious about your thoughts.

2014/9/22 14:38Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

My initial reaction to this was that I felt somewhat unsettled by it. Obviously I cannot know or judge the individual soldiers as to their motives. However what I thought was significant was the actual song being sung. It did not come across to me as worship, but more a rallying chant.

The lyrics are clearly presenting the sense that we are in or fast approaching the last days that will usher in the return of Christ and His kingdom. Not that I have a problem with that position at all, but when you consider these marines will quite possibly be sent to fight against Islamists who haveir own rallying position that they are ushering in the coming of the Islamic Mahdi (their Christ). Then you have a situation of an Islamic jihad seeking to establish a caliphate to bring in an Islamic world under the Mahdi and in respone a 'Christian' crusade ralling to the call of Christ to fight. It is the crusades all over again! Exactly what groups like ISIL are saying and wanting.

This is why I think I was unsettled by this video. Just some thoughts to consider.

I also had the same question as TMK about your position bear, has it changed?

2014/9/22 16:37Profile

Re:

Oh good grief, brethren! Why do you have to analyse the video to death? When the Dept. of Defense is telling military chaplains they cannot pray in the name of Jesus this video if refreshing. We have soldiers who are not afraid to testify of Jesus.

Frankly I saw more joy and brotherly affection on those marines then I see in some churches.

Brethren I am sharing a video. My position on non resistance has been established in other threads. If you want to open that issue up then bring up one of those threads.

Bear.

2014/9/22 17:15
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Whoa bear! Hold on a bit there.
You posted a 'must see video' which was a bit out of the ordinary. I'm just giving my thoughts about it that's all. Maybe you shouldn't have posted it if you didn't want any feedback or only feedback you agreed with.

PS. Everything we do, say and sing has significance. What we sing and in what setting has deep significance imo.

2014/9/22 17:24Profile

Re:

Sigh! Only on Sermon Index!

Bear

2014/9/22 17:53

Re:

Not just on sermonindex brother Blaine, but lots and lots of christians including myself need to take an almighty chill pill and throw away their magnifying glasses that they use to over analyse and pick to death everyone and everything.

Dear God, show me where I am like this so I can repent in sackcloth and ashes...show me where I do not have the heart of Jesus.

This video appears to be a bunch of kids praising the Lord. Nothing more and nothing else. And if it is something else, why does that matter, why do we need to know? Can't we just rejoice with those who rejoice?

So sad to see what is happening to the body of Christ, it is truly heartbreaking.

2014/9/22 18:51

Re:

Hey bro. What drug store you getting those chill pills from. I think I need a prescription from Dr. Jesus. :)

2014/9/22 19:27
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Bear,

Thanks for sharing the video, it brings tears to my eyes! A BIG Amen to God Bless Our Troops!!!!

I'm not as much a big sports fan as I used to be but I do watch College Football on occasion as my wife is actually into it more than I in all honesty.

We went to a Michigan game about 3 years ago and I believe we played Texas Christian University. I was brought to tears when I saw over 2/3 of the opposing team come and kneel down in the end zone in circles of about 8 players each and they prayed together.

It does melt your heart. Thanks again for the refreshing video.

2014/9/22 20:49Profile
brothagary

Re:

Made me cry made me happy to see the child likeness and love nthey have for one another ,im jealous for that in a church seting

But i must add the first thing i thought when reading the thread ,is blain this seems very in consistent with your defending non Resistance ,like tmk said ,,just my thoughts dont take it it the wrong way blain ..now where are we getting those holy spirit pills ,im gonna go now and pray for a wile and take a warm shower and think about those young marines thanks for posting that i download that for my mom to watch

2014/9/23 3:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy