Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dreadnaughtus discovery

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Dreadnaughtus discovery

Came across this article about the largest dinosaur yet discovered. Truly massive. http://news.yahoo.com/astoundingly-huge-dinosaur-skeleton-unearthed-050002143.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

Without pointing me to ken ham's site (or the like) can you young earthers explain where this creature fits into the Biblical time frames?

Don't need long response, just curious if you think they were all wiped out by the flood, or if some survived the flood (I.e. they were on the ark) and is so did they make it to Jesus's day.

What do you do with the theory about the asteroid strike wiping them out etc.

2014/9/7 12:08Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: Dreadnaughtus discovery

Created on the sixth day, on the ark, went extinct later.

That's about it in a nutshell.

For a more in depth response I'm afraid I'll have to point you to Answers In Genesis :).

2014/9/7 13:32Profile

Re:

or howabout creation.com

http://creation.com/images/pdfs/cabook/chapter19.pdf

I just read this whole PDF. if you want a quick word, how about the recent discovery of Dino soft tissue? Or Dino bones that smell like flesh decay? Yet 65 million years old?? The lady ph.d had a very hard time publishing her find because no one would believe her!

http://creation.com/schweitzers-dangerous-discovery

but a biblical 6 day creation 6000 years ago makes sense if the dino bones/flesh underwent rapid burial in a catastrophic flood event 4500 years ago.

can anything biological last 65 million years from dying naturally?

2014/9/7 14:29
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

So do you all think Noah and his sons were fighting off T Rexes? Not being facetious I am just curious about how much contact humans had with Dino's.

Maybe the Flinstones had it right and the pyramids were built using Dino power. You never can tell!

2014/9/7 16:03Profile

Re:

honestly i don't know. I haven't done very much research on the two recent topics: UFO/Aliens and Dinos.

But that supposed 65 million year old dino flesh.. come on now. somethings got to be wrong with the established uniformitarianism

2014/9/7 16:32
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree but I am sure there will be an explanation for it.

2014/9/7 16:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Below is an article talking about the dinosaur soft tissue- the lady who made the original discovery thinks she has solved the dilemma:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/11/27/controversial-t-rex-soft-tissue-find-finally-explained/

2014/9/7 16:53Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

This sort of thing fascinates me, and other similar unexplained phenomenae makes this earthly journey totally exciting every day!

Truth is truth, my opinions on whether the earth is 6000 years old or 4.5 billion is somewhat inconsequential. I cannot create truth, I can only discover it. Modern science, driven by prospects of prestige and grant money does not have my luxury. They have to make things say other things, and suppress those whose discoveries threaten the money stream!

I truly believe that God is never afraid of science. Indeed, men have excelled in science following the clues God has hidden in His creation, things that work together to keep men always interested in new discoveries. But when some of these science minded men and women open their hearts to God's personal wonder, they excel even more. They also fall from the favor of those who believe the scientific impossibility that something can be created from nothing!

There will be answers to all of it, and the dinosaurs will make perfect sense as God worked time and material into a habitation for the pinnacle of his creation- human beings.

But we might not get it until we venture into His celestial video theater on the other side.

While we're on the subject, does anybody believe that the vast fields of oil now known to be thousands of feet below both earth and oceans are the result of dead dinosaurs from X number of years ago?

2014/9/7 17:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
While we're on the subject, does anybody believe that the vast fields of oil now known to be thousands of feet below both earth and oceans are the result of dead dinosaurs from X number of years ago?

not just dinos. also everything carbon based like grasses. That's a whole lot of carbon

2014/9/7 18:48

Re:

http://creation.com/coal-memorial-to-the-flood

"Contrary to what some people believe, it does not take millions of years to produce coal and oil. Once we understand the conditions needed (see aside below), it is clear that the 4,300 years since Noah’s Flood is ample time for all the buried vegetation to have transformed into brown coal."

2014/9/7 19:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy