SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ecc 12:9-14

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rookie

Ecc 12:9-14

Ecc 12:9
And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out and set in order many proverbs.

Ecc 12:10
The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and what was written was upright—words of truth.

Ecc 12:11
The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholarsfn are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.

Ecc 12:12
And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh.

Ecc 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.

Ecc 12:14
For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.

As Brother Blaine pointed out:

"Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh."

What is the Preacher's conclusion...

Ecc 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.

I first came to Sermonindex to listen to Tozer and have been blessed these many years. And the nature of this site is to promote the writings and sermons of men. Yet in the process of time I have found that as Solomon exhorts above...the final conclusion...

Fear God and keep His commandments...only then will you not be wearied by the many books that have been written by men. Only then will you find the times of refreshing that come when the Holy Spirit speaks....

Amen

2014/8/29 13:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy