SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Click here to read Foxe's Book of Martyrs: [url=http://www.bbconfire.com]Bible Believers Church[/url]

2005/4/22 14:08Profile

Re: Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Good Post brother.

I have the book, but I've heard the more recent version has been changed and not for the good.

I haven't gone to your link yet, but would you know which edition this one is ?

I agree it's a must read, though really tough reading, but faith inspiring.

Thank you !

2005/7/25 1:27
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

I've read different versions of Foxe's Book of Martyrs and it is my favorite book after the bible. You will probably pay more money for the versions that are better. The cheaper versions do not have as many stories and the storys are shortened so buying the most expensive version that the store offers is a good idea.

Many Christian book stores only deal with certain publishers or sellers. Sometimes you can find a better book from a secular company if the Christian store you deal with doesn't have what you want. Also, you can sometimes find an out of print book through the internet that can't be found in a store.

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/7/25 2:25Profile

Re:

That's good Gary.

A friend always tells me she finds 'used books' on the Internet, and usually the earlier, non-abridged originals, for great prices. But I haven't asked her 'where' yet.

Most Classics that have been 're-done' have been chopped up. Even Spurgeon's Morning & Evening and Lewis' War on the Saints, etc.

I guess somebody buys the rights to these books and then edits them to their own liking.

To me that's just plain naughty. :cry:

2005/7/26 23:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy