SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Corrupted Text

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Corrupted Text

[url=http://www.bbconfire.com]Bible Believers Church[/url]

The reason that people don't believe in Biblical inerrancy anymore is because men have received the corrupt Alexandrian manuscripts rejected by the godly men of the Reformation and the true church in every century since Pentecost. The Nestle-Aland or UBS Greek text is based upon these 45 corrupt manuscripts. This equates to the NIV, NASB, etc being corrupted because of their corrupted base.

Just check it out for yourself. Turn in one of these versions to 1 Tim. 3:16. There is no more statement of God being manifest in the flesh. They take out "God" and put "He who". No statement of the deity of Christ like in the KJV (Textus Receptus - from Pure Majority Text - over 5,200 Greek manuscripts). You can turn to Phil. 2:6 in the NIV, we read that Jesus didn't think He could be equal with God! But if you go to the Textus Receptus based KJV, you read that He thought it not robbery to be equal with God. There He knew he was equal! What is happening? Welcome to the great apostasy.

I encourage you all to visit our site and read "Which Version is the Bible" by Dr. Floyd Jones. It will change your life and strengthen your faith in God's holy word.

2005/4/22 14:05Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Corrupted Text

Quote:

ReceivedText wrote:
[url=http://www.bbconfire.com]Bible Believers Church[/url]

The reason that people don't believe in Biblical inerrancy anymore is because men have received the corrupt Alexandrian manuscripts rejected by the godly men of the Reformation and the true church in every century since Pentecost. The Nestle-Aland or UBS Greek text is based upon these 45 corrupt manuscripts. This equates to the NIV, NASB, etc being corrupted because of their corrupted base.

Just check it out for yourself. Turn in one of these versions to 1 Tim. 3:16. There is no more statement of God being manifest in the flesh. They take out "God" and put "He who". No statement of the deity of Christ like in the KJV (Textus Receptus - from Pure Majority Text - over 5,200 Greek manuscripts). You can turn to Phil. 2:6 in the NIV, we read that Jesus didn't think He could be equal with God! But if you go to the Textus Receptus based KJV, you read that He thought it not robbery to be equal with God. There He knew he was equal! What is happening? Welcome to the great apostasy.

I encourage you all to visit our site and read "Which Version is the Bible" by Dr. Floyd Jones. It will change your life and strengthen your faith in God's holy word.

The word of God is breathed from the very spirit of GOd and it needs to be interpreted by that same spirit and that spirit teach us. Anything outside of that just doesn't work. The problem is not in the translation of the text itself but in the mode of interpretation namely someone at some point used the carnal mind to intepret what is spirit. Even if the bible were to have been translated directly using the very original manuscripts, and yet the holy spirit was not sonsulted for the interpretation part, the scriptures mean nothing, they become a colllection of stories for teaching lessons.

2005/4/22 22:25Profile

Re: Another text

Protected in a Living Time Capsule For Sixteen Centuries in the Mountains of Northern Mesopotamia, The Aramaic Bible, called the Peshitta in the Middle East, was translated into English, for the first time in 1933 and Published as "The Holy Bible from Ancient Eastern Manuscripts" in 1957. Having the Peshitta as a Reference has made it possible to correct numerous Translation Errors in all later Translations of the Bible. The errors are of Two Types: Spelling and Contextual. Among the most consistent translation errors are those that involve the Knowledge of Holy Spirit and the Soul.

2005/4/22 23:43
tedlock

Michigan

Re: ReceivedText

Look at all the countries in the world where there are christians being persecuted for following Jesus and you will see millions of people who do not speak english and will never read the KJV. Are you saying that they are not saved because they did not read the KJV? Are you saying that the Spirit of God cannot fill someone and teach them all things that are true and not a lie without having access to the KJV?

There are many translations being used throughout the world that say that you MUST die to yourself, carry your cross daily and follow Jesus to have eternal life.

If you put these opinions upon others and dispise those that use another translation, then you are following another Jesus. I pray that you will repent and come into a true relationship with the Real Jesus.

2005/4/23 0:09Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

tedlock wrote:
If you put these opinions upon others and dispise those that use another translation, then you are following another Jesus. I pray that you will repent and come into a true relationship with the Real Jesus.

Hi Ted,

I think you may misunderstand many of us here. It's not a matter of "either you use the KJV or you're not saved", but the KJV is a superior translation. For myself, a relatively recent convert from the NIV (New Internation Version) to the NIV (Never Improved Version - not my joke, blame Ravenhill for that one:-)), came to it kicking and screaming. I am aware of some of the inconsistant tranlation points in in the KJV (how did they ever translate Jakobus as James. Hmmmm...could King [b]James[/b] have had anything to do it;-)) and the whole, "The Bible was written in the common toungue" arguments, but for me, it's no a matter of KJV being more accurate, as much as Elizabethan English being a more precise language to our modern equivalent.

If someone was to say, "That was wicked!" back then, it would be no doubt that they were expressing disgust, but now... and that's just an obivous situation. There are very few "hard words" that need to learned, where NIV has a multitude of multi-sylable words that need explaining. If not now, then definately in the next 5-10 years, when all the meanings change again, as a result of school yard slang speaking youths growing up and forcing there words on an unsuspecting older generation.

The reality is, right now the English language has turned a corner, where words are defined in the midst of their usage, with sit-com television creating catch phranes that become the language used. For example, phrases like "Doh", "Gotta love the (insert person's name here)", "Gnarly dude", etc...(having trouble coming up with specific examples under pressure. May edit some in later) are slowly erroding our language to where we have began to "..call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter" (see Isaiah 5:20).

"Come on", I hear you say, "surely it's not that bad." Well consider this. Why do all the news reports on criminals, who should be given lighter sentances due to their regreting their actions refer to them, as "repentant"? Apparently that all began with a latin translation of the Greek word "metanoia" with "penatensia" (sorry if my spelling is bad).

My initial inspiration for switching, was the preaching of men like Keith Daniel, Paris Reidhead, Leonard Ravenhill, and the like here. I also figured Finney, Moody, Wesley, Whitfield, and the like used it, so if it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me (even if the Apostle Paul didn't use it;-)).

Personally, I don't so much turn to the KJV as a statment of its accuracy, but as a statement of my language's incosistancy. Sure other translations have something to say, but let me ask one last question. If you had a choice, would you drink filtered tap water or drop a cup into the Nile and take a gulp? You do know that they'll don't quench your thirst, but who knows what you're getting from the second option.

2005/4/23 1:09Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Having the Peshitta as a Reference has made it possible to correct numerous Translation Errors in all later Translations of the Bible.

This is just not true. The case for Aramaic primacy is not supported by any serious evangelical scholars. It is a fad.

2005/4/23 3:37Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Corrupted Text

Quote:

Anyone who could write this has no understanding at all of the process of transmission or the nature of 'textual criticism'. Any writer who can title his book "Which Version is the Bible?" is not worth reading. btw I am an avid user and supporter of the KJV but this kind of polemic does not help our cause.

2005/4/23 3:40Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: At least read the first chapter

I think it is just amazing that people would make some of the statements here without even looking at the book. I challenge you all to read at LEAST the first chapter.

As to my knowledge of the transmission of the Biblical Text, I am quite knowledgeable. This is not a "thee" or "thou" issue here. This is a MANUSCRIPT issue.

There are two streams of manuscripts. One from Alexandria. One from Antioch. They both disagree. They both can't be right.

But I don't plan on taking the space here to type what is already in the book. I challenge you all to read it.

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." - Proverbs 18:13

Blessings,

TR

Here's the link again: [url=http://www.bbconfire.com]http://www.bbconfire.com[/url]

2005/4/23 4:45Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

IRONMAN

Quote:
The problem is not in the translation of the text itself but in the mode of interpretation namely someone at some point used the carnal mind to intepret what is spirit.

So can we all go and buy the New World Translation, since the translation of the text doesn't matter? Your logic is flawed.

You are right that it is the Holy Spirit who reveals Scripture. You are wrong that it doesn't matter if we have God's perfect word.

Much love in Christ,

TR

2005/4/23 23:01Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: IRONMAN

What is the error difference between the Alexandrian and the Textus Reciptus as I do not know Greek I am unsure?

2005/4/23 23:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy