SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The millennial Kingdom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jesus and the apostles are clear that believers gathered together comprise the new temple.

John 4:21-24 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, ***nor in Jerusalem***, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

2014/8/24 20:25Profile

Re:

I think it can be dualistic. A physical temple with spiritual temples (people) going about it. Jesus has a physical body, but also a life-giving spirit. God is Spirit and yet he dwells in a temple in heaven.

As for the Prince offering sacrifices. I don't know. I tend to think its Jesus offering memorial sacrifices. Scripture for that might be Jesus being baptized with John's baptism of repentance, which he didn't need.

Can Jesus offer sacrifices as the Prince of the Ezekiel's temple, and also be the real and true Lamb of God? maybe dualistic again here. Both covenants were everlasting (Olam Heb, Aionios Grk.) and Jesus said

"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
(Matthew 5:18 NASB)

The Law is not a means of justification, but it is an instructor that hasn't ceased to be that for anyone, and wont until the eternal state, New Heavens and New Earth, 7000 AM onward.

just some ideas

blessings

2014/8/24 21:10
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Noah-

Just wondering where you get the idea that Jesus is living in a temple in heaven. I am sure there may be verses you have to support this but not sure what they are.

2014/8/25 6:23Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

TMK,

Please sir. Rather than negate just about everything everyone says on this, please offer an alternative explanation. Thanks.

2014/8/25 8:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I did-- see below. The "third temple" is made up of believers-- described as living stones.

You certainly don't have to accept that explanation. The idea of Jesus offering "memorial sacrifices" is repugnant to me. Doesn't have to be repugnant to you, however.

All I asked Noah was to show me where in scripture it says that Jesus resides in a temple in heaven. I am not sure where that is.

2014/8/25 8:58Profile

Re:

And the temple of God which is in heaven was opened; and the ark of His covenant appeared in His temple, and there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder and an earthquake and a great hailstorm.
(Revelation 11:19 NASB)

2014/8/25 10:40
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thanks Noah

2014/8/25 11:25Profile

Re:

no problem.

also about Eze 44:1-3.

Then He brought me back by the way of the outer gate of the sanctuary, which faces the east; and it was shut. The LORD said to me, "This gate shall be shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it, for the LORD God of Israel has entered by it; therefore it shall be shut. "As for the prince, he shall sit in it as prince to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by way of the porch of the gate and shall go out by the same way."
(Ezekiel 44:1-3 NASB)

The Prince here sits in the outer East Gate to eat bread before the Lord. Like a child with his father. It seems only the Prince can enter through the east "porch gate" of this outer east gate. I'm not sure though.

also Eze 46:1-3. there's something to it I think.

But the people have a different command:

"When the prince enters, he shall go in by way of the porch of the gate and go out by the same way. "But when the people of the land come before the LORD at the appointed feasts, he who enters by way of the north gate to worship shall go out by way of the south gate. And he who enters by way of the south gate shall go out by way of the north gate. No one shall return by way of the gate by which he entered but shall go straight out. "When they go in, the prince shall go in among them; and when they go out, he shall go out.
(Ezekiel 46:8-10 NASB)

2014/8/25 11:42

Re:

I thought this was interesting from Matthew Henry's commentary:

Quote:

Matthew Henry's Commentary
Ezekiel 44:1

"Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut."
44:1

This chapter contains ordinances relative to the true priests. The prince evidently means Christ, and the words in ver. 2, may remind us that no other can enter heaven, the true sanctuary, as Christ did; namely, by virtue of his own excellency, and his personal holiness, righteousness, and strength. He who is the Brightness of Jehovah's glory entered by his own holiness; but that way is shut to the whole human race, and we all must enter as sinners, by faith in his blood, and by the power of his grace.

Ezekiel 44:2
Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.

Ezekiel 44:3
It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.

2014/8/25 15:01
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Noah--

I am not sure if you read all of mr Henry's commentary on Ezekiel 40 and onward- coincidentally I checked him out as well and he does seem to lean toward a non-literal interpretation of these passages.

One problem that he and other commentators note is that the size of the temple described by Ezekiel is larger than the entire city of Jerusalem and the size of the city he describes is problematic as well.

2014/8/25 15:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy