Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just some thoughts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Just some thoughts

Greetings
GOD says do not worry about tomorrow for you only have today(Matthew 6:34) So how should "what if" scenarios fit into my daily walk? How should my time be spent in considering "what if" scenarios?

In the moment I can pray and seek GOD, I can ask HIS will on a matter. It takes but seconds to pray "GUIDE ME LORD" and then walk out what HE has for me. If JESUS is LORD of my life, in all things then how should I respond to things that come up in life, should it be with prayer or a predetermined plan on my part?

GOD Bless
maryjane

2014/8/15 9:53Profile
romanchog

Re: Just some thoughts

Wonderful questions, MaryJane.

As I see it, we are not told not to plan, only to ask the Lord's will and to submit the plan to the Lord for Him to change it as He wills.

From James Chapter 4:
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will[g] go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

It is arrogance to make plans without God, for we do not know what tomorrow brings. Notice though, that it is acceptable to say, "IF THE LORD WILLS," I will do this or that. It expresses our humility and our understanding that though we may plan we are not the ones that ultimately determine our future and out life.

In Christ,
Natalie

2014/8/15 21:04Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re: Just some thoughts

Hi MaryJane

i have had the honour to meet an old man that lives totally on the reliance of the Lord. In all my years as a christian he is the only man i have seen personally do this. He lives about 20 kms out of the city on freehold land with out electricity and water. doesn't take welfare and doesnt have any income from a job. everyday he travels to the city and spends the whole day volountering his time feeding the homeless at wellfare centres, preaching the word of God and cleaning up after everyone. The light of christ that is in this man is amazing and when he prays for you you can feel the authority of the Lord.

Everytime i see him, all i can think about is John the baptists life. He never asks for anything and when he finds money he gives it to others straight away. I noticed that different people who come into contact with him even strangers, pick him up when they see him walking to and from the city on many occassions. Some people drop of water bottles and others fruit and vegetables.

in all the time that i have known him, his conversations are about how he and the lord had a good walk together today and how the Lord directed him to share the gosepel with different people in the city.

I gave him 200 dollars one day and as i gave it too him he raised it to heaven and asked the lord what to do with it. when he finished with the prayer he walked around the corner and gave it to one of the workers. the worker later told me that his car broke down and he didn't have the money to pay for it and prayed about it earlier that day. the amount owing was 200 dollars.

What i have learned personally from this old man and how the lord uses him is that my planning gets in the way of Gods planning and if i would only allow him to steer me everyday the spiritual blessings would be priceless.

I am not walking as this old man does but i long to do so. I no longer care about material things as much as i did before i met him.

sorry if i rambled on but reading your post reminded me of this. Peace and Love Karl

2014/8/17 8:14Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

G'day Karl,
I love your testimony about the old man, I have tears welling up while reading of such a man of God. May we all be such peculiar people as this man, leaving the fragrance of Christ where ever we go. I noticed you are also from Australia, may I ask what town does this man live in?

Blessings Steve

PS. Natalie, you seem like wise woman of God. May He bless you.

2014/8/17 21:40Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Thank you so much Karl for sharing such an amazing story. Definitely edified, encouraged, and reminded of what it means to walk in faith with the Lord. Wow, hallelujah!

2014/8/17 23:16Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

rom James Chapter 4:
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will[g] go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

It is arrogance to make plans without God, for we do not know what tomorrow brings. Notice though, that it is acceptable to say, "IF THE LORD WILLS," I will do this or that. It expresses our humility and our understanding that though we may plan we are not the ones that ultimately determine our future and out life.

Very true. I once gave a sermon on this very verse from James. To me it is not just to say with our mouth. New Covenant is internal. God cares less about our confession of mouth if our heart is different. The internal meaning of this verse is we should be ready to lose or give up the plan if it appears that it is not God's will. No matter how profitable it appears to our eyes, we should not desire something that is not God's will in our life.

If we have such a heart and also a confessing tongue then we are following James 4:13.

2014/8/17 23:20Profile

Re:

Karl,
Thank you for sharing that story about the old man. I hope you don't mind but I shared this on my facebook page and credited the story to "Karl from Australia".

Blessings to you brother!

2014/8/18 1:52
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi Steve

i current am living in Adelaide South Australia.
I am Glad that this mans testimony has touched your hearts as it does me. I could wright a whole book on his life but he would not like that as he would say that it would only help people focus on man rather then the Lord. I disagree though as it is an amazing testimony. I personally am so convicted of my wants towards material things now. he eats anything that is given to him and raises it to God for his blessing. we Started a Bible study group together and although i was supose to lead the group, i couldnt help but stop and listen to him explain the amazing wonder of Gods mercy and grace towards us and the battle of our fleshly nature against God. I use to watch him whilst he was feeding the homeless and he would always point them to God to get there needs. Many times he has been abused verbally and one time he was punched to the ground. it was these moments that i saw Jesus being punished on the cross.

I personally at 42 years old are struggling with trying to live a life with out this same servitude so that jesus can use all of me rather then just the parts i am willing to give to him. the reason being is my heart is about seeing people set free. It hurts me so much to witness satans wrath upon people and what depths his slavery leads them.

Cheers Karl

2014/8/18 5:42Profile
brothagary

Re:

thanks for telling stor karl,,your blessed no such a man

im from townsville,, i wish i could fellow ship with old fellow like that

2014/8/18 6:53Profile
jujashan4

Re:

Thanks also Karl.
Seems like a few Aussies on here eh. I live in Ipswich, near Brisbane but was originally from NZ. If any of you are in this area get in touch if you like. [email protected]
Love in the Lord
Andrew

2014/8/18 7:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy