SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Feeling a little too right? Need advice

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Angyl

Feeling a little too right? Need advice

Advice on how I should approach such teachings in the future, as I believe they will become more and more commonplace in men I generally respect.

What am I talking about?

Well, every morning on the drive to work My wife and I used to (I say used to because she's no longer working, Thank God) listen to Chuck Colson's [i]Breakpoint[/i] commentary on our Christian radio station. 90% of the time, I agree wholeheartedly with the things that Chuck has to say. He seeme(d)s a fairly right-grounded believer to me.

We disagreed on Terri Schivo, which he harped on for weeks near the end there, but that was all right. Just a matter of opinion. I can forgive that and go on.

This morning, however, Chuck's commentary seemed to hit exactly on what I'd complained about in another thread here. How all the great teachers and evangelists in this country are lauding the Catholic church and the choosing of the Pope and whitewashing JPII's tomb rather than saying a single peep about the fact that the Catholic church is one of Satan's toys in the world.

This morning chuck went on and on about the new Pope Rat and how his "conservative" views are drawing fire from the left. How he's saying all these great things about uniting Europe under a single Chrsitian banner, blah, blah, blah...basically making the Pope out to be some kind of hero for his views and how the left is disliking some of what he has to say.

The Pope is a pawn of Satan. End of discussion. He got to where he is today by spending his life promoting a false religion that will lead millions if not [b][i]billions[/b][/i] of souls straight to hell for falsely belieivng that he and his church could save them. His views are hugely ecumenical and have little to do with believing that Jesus and [b]ONLY JESUS[/b] can save you.

So what if he dislikes rock music?

So now Chuck has fallen, in my eyes, into the camp of less trustworthy famous evangelists in this country. Were we 10 or 15 years down the line and merging the world's religions under the FP, I would question whether Chuck Colson would stand against that or fall for the deception. What he, and the other big name evangelists in this country are doing now (not shouting the truth, but soft-shoeing around catholicism and in some cases even PRAISING it) is certainly nothing but a precursor to fornicating with that whore. Maybe, as a famous speaker, Chuck doesn't feel comfortable stating his true feelings for Catholicism. That's fine, the answer then is to [b][u]SAY NOTHING[/b][/u], not come out in praise for the head of that hellish organization.

So for the advice:

Am I being a little too right-leaning here? A little too harsh and stand-ofish? Am I one of the Pharisees criticizing others for eating with sinners, or is my growing sense of unease and disgust with our nations' big name preachers well-founded?

Cuz I know that I could only listen to things that Chuck says from now on with a "grain of salt" as it were. He's showing me some stripes I'd never seen before and I don't like 'em.

But maybe I'm judging too harshly? What say ye?

2005/4/21 13:07Profile

Re: Feeling a little too right? Need advice

Angyl wrote:

Quote:
He's showing me some stripes I'd never seen before and I don't like 'em.

I am not going to give you any advice, but I just wish to comment.

I think you hit the nail on the head in your quote.

Politically speaking the Christian right desires to live in a better world. And if the Pope or some other leader can make that happen they will follow him. One Evangelist that I know of who wouldn't side with the best of them is Jimmy Swaggart. He will tell you flat out that the Catholic church is in error and the Pope needs to be saved.

I think it all depends on where your heart is, if it is in this world, then you will favour anyone who will secure that future for you. But if it is in Christ then you will uphold the truth no matter what direction the wind is blowing.

Karl

2005/4/21 13:50
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Just a thought.

Back about 8 years ago, in the church where I first heard the gospel and submitted to my Lord, I encountered a most strong dislike of catholics within the congregation. I would like to share one of those experiences here.

Prince Diana and mother Theresa died in the same week. At that time in this church, it was common to hold a 15 minute prayer time during the service. There were many in the congregation that day that lifted up the life of Princes Diana to the Lord. And then near the end a humble old woman lifted up mother Theresa in prayer. You could sense that there was a change in the air. There was a hostility in the air.

Now, I am not saying that the catholic church is not apostate. They have many teachings which only put a stumbling block before the people. What I am saying is this. That day we prayed heartily for a woman who was living a sinful life, and we prayed coldly for a woman that lost her life long before she died.

In my short time as a believer I see this strong dislike of Catholics by the Protestants. We seem very zealous in our dealing with Catholics. Yet, what about the Muslims, Mormons, JWs, Buddhist, New Agers and the Jews. I do not hear the same level of conviction against this false worship.
I hear many label the Catholic church as being the Great Harlot of Babylon. Yet, what about all the other false religion? Are they not also part to the great deception?

What is the source of everyone's anger?

In Christ
jeff

2005/4/21 14:35Profile

Re: Praying for the dead

Jeff

My question would be, why is that church praying for those who are dead?

They are dead, nothing can be done for them anymore.

Karl

2005/4/21 14:41
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sorry for the misconception, they were praying for Diana's family. There were a number of English immigrants in this church. And I saw that they held royalty in high regard.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/21 14:46Profile
Angyl

Re:

Jeff,

The reason for any extra attention you may see directed at Catholicism will largely be due to the fact that nothing...

and I do mean [b]ABSOLUTELY NOTHING[/b] will cause more damage to the cause of Chrsit than wolves in sheep's clothing.

If I were fighting a war against an army of 1,000,000 men, I'd rather have 100 saboteurs in the enemy's army who look and talk mostly like them than my own army of 1,000,000 to stand against them.

Destruction from within is the best way to go. We decry the catholic church because muslims do not attempt do deceive people. A Christian (most, that is) simply KNOWS they are unsaved, same with Buddhists and Zeus worshippers, but Catholics? naw, they're all right. They're Christians too, doncha know?

At any rate, the OP wasn't about bashing catholics, it was about why our supposedly conservative christian leaders seem to be lifting this apostate church up during this time? I could maybe understand their not being comfortable SPEAKING OUT against the church (Understand, but not agree with), but if they don't have anything nice to say (and they shouldn't) they shouldn't say any thing at all.

What I'd like to hear from America's preachers today is the truth...

Or silence.

And I'm going to have to disagree that there's some sort of disparity between the outcries against catholics and muslims, etc. in this regard. You can turn on the radio and hear evangelists blasting other faiths [b][i]all the time[/b][/i] but when it comes to criticizing "other Christians" you rarely hear anything unless it's against the Mormons.

2005/4/21 15:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy