SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : He Knows Us Completely - Tozer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

He Knows Us Completely - Tozer

In the divine omniscience we see set forth against each other the terror and fascination of the Godhead. That God knows each person through and through can be a cause of shaking fear to the man that has something to hide—some unforsaken sin, some secret crime committed against man or God. The unblessed soul may well tremble that God knows the flimsiness of every pretext and never accepts the poor excuses given for sinful conduct, since He knows perfectly the real reason for it. "Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance." How frightful a thing to see the sons of Adam seeking to hide among the trees of another garden. But where shall they hide? "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence? . . . If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day."

And to us who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope that is set before us in the gospel, how unutterably sweet is the knowledge that our Heavenly Father knows us completely. No talebearer can inform on us, no enemy can make an accusation stick; no forgotten skeleton can come tumbling out of some bidden closet to abash us and expose our past; no unsuspected weakness in our characters can come to light to turn God away from us, since He knew us utterly before we knew Him and called us to Himself in the full knowledge of everything that was against us. "For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."

Verse:
You have set our iniquities before you, / our secret sins in the light of your presence. Psalm 90:8

Thought:
For those of us who have taken refuge in the hope of God, how comforting it is the knowledge that God knows us completely.

Prayer:
You know us completely, utterly, before we knew You, Father God. What sweet assurance that is. No one can falsely accuse us; no unsuspected character flaw will come to light that will make You turn away from us.

Source: http://www.cmalliance.org/devotions/tozer?id=1363

2014/8/7 1:34Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: He Knows Us Completely - Tozer

Thank you Heartsong for posting another gem by Tozer!

"And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do." (Hebrews 4:13).

2014/8/7 7:51Profile
HeartSong

Re:

God bless you brother!

2014/8/8 1:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy