SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 25 Critical Facts About This Ebola Outbreak That Every American Needs To Know

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

25 Critical Facts About This Ebola Outbreak That Every American Needs To Know

What would a global pandemic look like for a disease that has no cure and that kills more than half of the people that it infects? Let's hope that we don't get to find out, but what we do know is that more than 100 health workers that were on the front lines of fighting this disease have ended up getting it themselves. The top health officials in the entire world are sounding the alarm and the phrase "out of control" is constantly being thrown around by professionals with decades of experience. So should average Americans be concerned about Ebola? If so, how bad could an Ebola outbreak in the U.S. potentially become? The following are 25 critical facts about this Ebola outbreak that every American needs to know...

#1 As the chart below demonstrates, the spread of Ebola is starting to become exponential...

Ebola Outbreak - Photo by Leopoldo Martin R

#2 This is already the worst Ebola outbreak in recorded history by far.

#3 The head of the World Health Organization says that this outbreak "is moving faster than our efforts to control it".

#4 The head of Doctors Without Borders says that this outbreak is "out of control".

#5 So far, more than 100 health workers that were on the front lines fighting the virus have ended up contracting Ebola themselves. This is happening despite the fact that they go to extraordinary lengths to keep from getting the disease.

#6 There is no cure for Ebola.

#7 The death rate for this current Ebola outbreak is over 50 percent, and experts say that it can kill "up to 90% of those infected".

#8 The incubation rate for Ebola ranges from two days to 21 days. Therefore, someone can be carrying it around for up to three weeks without even knowing it.

#9 For the first time ever, human Ebola patients are being brought to the United States. And as Paul Craig Roberts so aptly put it the other day, all it would take is "one cough, one sneeze, one drop of saliva, and the virus is loose".

#10 This has already potentially happened in the United Kingdom. A woman reportedly collapsed and later died on Saturday after she got off of a flight from Sierra Leone at Gatwick Airport.

#11 A study conducted in 2012 proved that Ebola could be transmitted between pigs and monkeys that were in separate cages and that never made physical contact.

#12 This is a new strain of Ebola, so what we know about other strains of Ebola may not necessarily apply to this strain of Ebola.

#13 Barack Obama has just signed an executive order that gives the federal government the power to apprehend and detain Americans that show symptoms of "diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled."

#14 And as I noted the other day, federal law already permits "the apprehension and examination of any individual reasonably believed to be infected with a communicable disease".

#15 According to the CDC, there are 20 quarantine centers around the country that are prepared to potentially receive Ebola patients...

Ebola-quarantine-stations

#16 The CDC has set up an Ebola "quarantine station" at LAX in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.

#17 The largest health emergency drill in New York City history was conducted on Friday.

#18 The federal government will begin testing an "experimental Ebola vaccine" on humans in September.

#19 We are being told that the reason why we don't have an Ebola vaccine already is due to the hesitation of the pharmaceutical industry to invest in a disease that has "only affected people in Africa".

#20 Researchers from Tulane University have been active for several years in the very same areas where this Ebola outbreak began. One of the stated purposes of this research was to study "the future use of fever-viruses as bioweapons".

#21 According to the Ministry of Health and Sanitation in Sierra Leone, researchers from Tulane University have been asked "to stop Ebola testing during the current Ebola outbreak". What in the world does that mean?

#22 The Navy Times says that the U.S. military has been interested in studying Ebola "as a potential biological weapon" since the 1970s...

Filoviruses like Ebola have been of interest to the Pentagon since the late 1970s, mainly because Ebola and its fellow viruses have high mortality rates — in the current outbreak, roughly 60 percent to 72 percent of those who have contracted the disease have died — and its stable nature in aerosol make it attractive as a potential biological weapon.

#23 The CDC actually owns a patent on one particular strain of the Ebola virus...

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control owns a patent on a particular strain of Ebola known as "EboBun." It's patent No. CA2741523A1 and it was awarded in 2010. You can view it here.

It is being reported that this is not the same strain that is currently being transmitted in Africa, but it is interesting to note nonetheless. And why would the CDC want "ownership" of a strain of the Ebola virus in the first place?

#24 The CDC has just put up a brand new webpage entitled "Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Hospitalized Patients with Known or Suspected Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever in U.S. Hospitals".

#25 The World Health Organization has launched a 100 million dollar response plan to fight this Ebola outbreak. Others don't seem so alarmed. For example, Barack Obama is getting ready to take a "16 day Martha’s Vineyard vacation".

Many are attempting to play down the threat from this virus by stating that unless you "exchange bodily fluids" with someone that you don't have anything to worry about.

If that was truly the case, then how in the world have more than 100 health workers contracted the virus so far?

Health professionals that deal with Ebola take extreme precautions to keep from being exposed to the disease.

But despite those extreme measures, they are catching it too.

So if this virus does start spreading all over the globe, what chance is the general population going to have?

Feel free to disagree with me if you like, but I believe that this could potentially be an absolutely catastrophic health crisis.

Hopefully I am wrong. Please share what you think by posting a comment below...

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/25-critical-facts-about-this-ebola-outbreak-that-every-american-needs-to-know

2014/8/4 7:29
MaryJane

Re: 25 Critical Facts About This Ebola Outbreak That Every American Needs To Know

Greetings Neil

Very interesting thoughts shared here. For me, I am not sure what to think about any of this anymore. I want to be very careful I don't give room to the enemy and become fearful. I do want to have wisdom and walk by faith in HIM.

I have been praying for people who are ill and for those who are caring for the sick. I did read that the doctor who is infected and just arrived on Saturday maybe showing some slight improvement. I pray that is so.

At this point I think prayer is my best response to all of this. I think there is little else that can be done except to pray and trust in the LORD??

God bless you brother and thank you for sharing with us.
mj

2014/8/4 8:26Profile

Re:

I have read that there is a cure for Ebola - very high doses of vitamin C as the illness causes all the vitamin to be demolished in the body causing scurvy symptoms at first and continuing on till fatality. So it would be wise to keep a store of ascorbic acid in the house (not the sweetened sorts). Sorry no links yet.

It stands to reason that a biowarfare disease would have an easy cure.

There are reports that a vaccination will be compulsory with a death penalty for refusal (but you don't want what they will put in the shot).

2014/8/4 9:56
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Psalms 91:1-16 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (2) I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (3) Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. (5) Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; (6) Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. (7) A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. (8) Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. (9) Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; (10) There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. (11) For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. (12) They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. (13) Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. (14) Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. (15) He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. (16) With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2014/8/4 12:06Profile

Dear sister MJ

beloved, I beg you in the Holy Ghost, don't be fearful.

my fear is the many that die WITHOUT the Lord, precious unto His Sight...many call them "heathens", they have not the Mind of Christ. Jesus came to save and NOT destroy.

But I would remiss without sounding the clarion call....from day one of this outbreak, months ago, I have felt a cruel wind....when that happens to me, I don't despise it, for Father has always been generous with me, Praise Him......just don't fear, I ask this, in the Name of Jesus, amen. neil

2014/8/4 12:20
MaryJane

Re: Dear sister MJ

Greetings Neil

Thank you for your prayers. I am trusting in the LORD and know HE is in control. I do pray for the lost to see their need for HIM before it is to late. I pray people will wake up and see that time is short.

This link was shared with me this afternoon along with one simple word: PRAY!

http://7online.com/health/mount-sinai-patient-tested-for-ebola-virus/239663/

That is what I am going to be doing.

God bless
mj

2014/8/4 16:43Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: 25 Critical Facts About This Ebola Outbreak That Every American Needs To Know

HezWelling quoted:
"
If that was truly the case, then how in the world have more than 100 health workers contracted the virus so far?
Health professionals that deal with Ebola take extreme precautions to keep from being exposed to the disease.
But despite those extreme measures, they are catching it too.
So if this virus does start spreading all over the globe, what chance is the general population going to have?
Feel free to disagree with me if you like, but I believe that this could potentially be an absolutely catastrophic health crisis.
Hopefully I am wrong. Please share what you think by posting a comment below..."

Hi Neil,

Actually, if Ebola were transmitted without contact with bodily fluids, as in if it were airborne, it would have infected far more people by now and would indeed make it a serious global threat. Although the prognosis for contracting it is quite a frightening one, the means by which it is spread makes it far less of a threat than we make it out to be. Regarding the health workers, one has to take into consideration that they are working in a third world country without the adequate supplies and facilities to deal with so many infected individuals. The weather is super hot and humid and I am sure they are working super long hours which makes it quite easy to make a small slip-up in hygiene that leads to infection. In all honesty, I think the greater danger we face in terms of a pandemic would come from something like H5N1 bird flu rather than ebola; mind you, the flu pandemic of 1918 killed 50-100 million people. I think it is very unlikely for ebola to come even close to the rate and degree of infection as a strain of flu virus that the body cannot fight off like H5N1.

Brother Neil, I say this out of love and concern, but I feel that some of the news sources you choose to follow come across to me as a bit sensationalized and one sided and lean more toward conspiracy theories rather than professional journalism. Now I know that there will always be biases no matter where you look, but there are definitely some that are a bit more biased than others. I personally think it would be good for your own health and well being as well as others around you, even on this forum, if you perhaps took a bit of a "vacation" from all these news sources for a while. Just my thoughts from genuine concern. I sincerely hope you do not take this the wrong way.

2014/8/4 19:00Profile

tbsounde2

I appreciate your show of good will.

I will ignore your "advice", however well meaning, as I have dialogue with God.

we both were 18 at a time, when I was 18 I had a Top Secret/Code Word clearance....long story I don't want to go into, but the long short of it, I have made study of Ebola over the last 25 years, so I can safely say, I do know what I speak of.

how its received by individuals is up to them,if their Faith is real, fear has no play in this.....however, if the opposite is true, the prayer of the disciples, "Increase our Faith! would be beneficial in Christ.

You can cast what I read in deleterious terms, its matters naught to me. You can suggest a 'vacation'and I can ignore your suggestion as is my wont, but what I post is a warning that was first writ in John's Revelations.

If you accept it not? You are the keeper of your own soul, as I pray before I post.

2014/8/5 0:12

MJ

I saw this just now as twit (I don't twitte)

"BREAKING. Mt. Sinai official: odds are this is NOT Ebola.5:08 PM - 4 Aug 2014"

I don't gamble, but pray the odds are correct.

Sister, as the LORD Leads, slowly and as your purse can allow,maybe its the time to stock your larder to at the least a 30 day supply of food, water and illumination. God protect you is my prayer, neil

2014/8/5 0:20

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy