SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "something very strange is going on"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

"something very strange is going on"

I only post because the original video compiler of this is a brother in the Lord, "Jason A".....he has been active for about a year, and only compiles what he gets over mass media.

its a riveting 17 minutes long, and posted a day ago.

hold onto Faith, don't fear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul8B7Y8a-3A

2014/7/31 16:55
TMK

NC, USA

Re: "something very strange is going on"

Here we go again...

2014/7/31 21:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

And...my brother told me today that US farmers are fixing to harvest a record corn crop; prices are low in anticipation of this...but then the corn is still in the husk on the plant.

Locally the cotton and beans are looking good.

Yes, if you are in the middle of disaster it does challenge your security.

On the other hand, is this report designed to draw ones attention away from other serious man made issues that is sneaking upon the country? Or, maybe some reporters are getting bored and are scraping the bottom to find anything that just might be newsworthy?

But will see...in any case nothing happens that escapes God's notice. In fact He allows it. If it forces man to rethink his eternal destiny it can be counted a warning from God to repent and be reconciled with Him and as such a blessing.

2014/7/31 23:05Profile
Jeremy221

I think it is worthwhile to see what is happening whether it is a misinterpretation like with the mayflies or something that is extraordinary in a unique way. The clip slowing a river with a red streak made me think of an algae bloom such as the North Sea has experienced, however the river in China does beg more information. Likewise, the issues with the magnetic field in the Western Hemisphere should be looked at though news media has a bad record of sensationalizing minor or non-news. However, the tornados in the North East seems to be a continuing thread. Fifteen years ago, when the tornado ripped through Nashville, it was big news because it was so far out of Tornado Alley. It is worth considering before The Lord. I was reading the recent thread posted on a Finney sermon and the calls to be truly thankful hit. As Christians we must be in the place where having food and clothing is enough and not even food, clothing and health. There is so much that is unbiblical, I believe it may require the Church in America being expelled into the Nations to learn to be separate in fact. Similarly, when these things happen there are inevitably cries for the suffering yet when someone hints of God's judgement and that comfort and security in this life are not of eminent concern, they are blasted for not having compassion.

I saw a video about the aftermath of the Fukushima meltdown. Japan is usually a bustling place with utilization maxed to the nth degree. There is sense that everything is ordered and people are always at 99%. Even people who are relaxed exude this. The documentary was shot in a very realistic, natural manner. In describing the aftermath versus what was taught by the officials, it felt like something you would expect from the Soviets during the Cold War. Do you know the passages about lands being laid waste? This area is an example of what that looks like. The houses without inhabitant because they fled for their lives. If you have ever visited a real ghost town in the Old West, there is sense that a place once under the rule of man has been released and brought to rest. Likewise, Fukushima has been released from the wisdom of this age and is in a rest of God.

On a final note, the "freak" lightening on the beaches of LA did make me chuckle because the Word tells us that the lightening only go where God sends it. The attitude that the wield is a broken machine just shows how far America is from God.

2014/8/1 4:51Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

As to tornados in US, there is nothing new under the sun:

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/cmb/images/tornado/clim/EF1-EF5.png

There are typical high years and low years but overall the rate is very steady, even with increased population and video cameras etc you don't see an increase in recent years like you'd expect.

I can almost guarantee with certainty that if the technology was available you could have put videos like this together 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago at any point in time during those years. There is always some freaky stuff going on somewhere in the world.

As to the magnetic field: "There is no evidence to suggest that a weakened magnetic field will mark the end of life on Earth as we know it. During previous flips, there are no records of mass extinctions or evidence of radiation damage." again this is a cyclic thing. So are volcanos. Now an eruption of the Yellowstone super volcano will (because it will happen at some point) be very bad and will destroy a good bit of the western US. But it has erupted several times in the past as well, because that is what volcanos do.

2014/8/1 6:30Profile
rainydaygirl

i thought the video was well done. i can appreciate what is being shared as i know many others who are seeing the signs of the time can do as well.

we don't want to give into fear but we should be mindful that the days of trials and struggles are coming. the storm clouds are gathering as another poster has said before.

rdg

2014/8/1 7:39Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

RDG-

I don't understand your reasoning. It is valid but only if not based on a false premise-- namely that the things shown on the video are anomalies pointing to the end of the world. They ARE NOT anomalies.

The video is dishonest in what it is trying to portray and is nothing more than fearmongering.

2014/8/1 11:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

For a little balance:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/05/08/sorry-global-warmists-but-extreme-weather-events-are-becoming-less-extreme/

2014/8/1 11:39Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

my reasoning is based on what the Lord is clearly showing me and many others, including many who come to SI. the storm clouds are gathered, and trials are coming and for some are already upon us. there are those who are seeing judgement and persecution and know it will not be long now. men and women who love the Lord and who are sounding the call to pray and live daily unto the Lord.

the video did not cause me to be afraid, it stirred my heart to pray for people all the more.

rdg

2014/8/1 13:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy