SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 37 Scriptural Warnings about Falling Away and Obedience to God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 37 Scriptural Warnings about Falling Away and Obedience to God

Luke 22:32 –”But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail.”

John 6:66 –”From this time many of His disciples turned back and no longer followed Him.”

Luke 8:13 –”They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.”

Matt. 18:27,34,35 –”The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go. …[Later]… In anger his master turned him over to the jailers until he should pay back all he owed. This is how My heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from the heart.”

1 Tim. 1:19 –”Some have rejected these things and so have shipwrecked their faith.”

1 Tim. 6:10,21 –”Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith..."

1 Tim. 5:8 –”If anyone does not...he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”

Heb. 6:4-6 –”It is impossible for those who have… shared in the Holy Spirit… if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance…”

2 Peter 3:17 –”Be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.”

1 Tim. 4:16 –”Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.”

2 Tim. 2:19 –”Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

Titus 1:16 –”They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.”

Rev. 3:16 –”Because you are lukewarm –neither hot nor cold I am about to spit you out of My mouth.”

1 Peter 3:12 –”The Lord is against those who do evil.”

John 14:15 –”If you love Me, you will obey what I command.”

1 John 2:4 –”The man who says, ‘I know Him,’ but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth [Jesus] is not in him.”

1 John 3:6 –”No one who lives in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen Him or known Him.”

2 Thes. 1:8,9 –”Those who do not know God and do not obey… will be punished with everlasting destruction…”

Rev. 3:4,5 –”A few people… have not soiled their clothes… He who overcomes… I will never erase his name from the book of life…”

Matt. 5:8 –”Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.”

Eph. 5:5,6 –”For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person… has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ… Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.”

1 John 1:6 –”If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness [sin], we lie…”

Luke 8:21 –”He [Jesus] replied, ‘My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.’”

Luke 8:28 –”He [Jesus] replied, ‘Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

James 1:27 –”Religion that God our Father accepts… to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”

James 4:4 –”Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.”
1 Thes. 1:9,10 –”…you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven… –Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.”

Acts 26:20 –”I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.”

Heb. 10:26-31 –”If we deliberately keep on sinning after having a knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left… [because that person has] treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and… has insulted the Spirit of grace…”

1 John 3:5 –”He appeared so that He might take away our sins.”

1 John 3:8 - “He who does what is sinful is of the devil.”

1 John 3:10 - “This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; neither is anyone who does not love his brother.”

Matt. 7:20 - “Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them”

1 John 3:7 –”Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray [with cunning false doctrines]. He who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous.”

1 John 3:9 - “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s nature abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.”

John 5:29 –”…those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.”

Matt. 13:41,42 –”The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will weed out of His kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

from: https://www.facebook.com/sleepers.awakened/posts/544651225641419

2014/7/29 17:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy