SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : As pertains to Israel/Hamas...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi frank-

I know your question was rhetorical and I know what the answer is or should be.

Back to the Israeli/Hamas thing. ... Lets propose a purely hypothetical (but certainly not impossible) scenario where all or at least a great majority of the Israelis were converted to Christianity.

What then should their response to Hamas be?

I guess I keep coming back to that conflict because I find myself wondering what Jesus would like to see done over there. Is it what the Israelis are now doing, or something else?

2014/7/29 19:30Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Blaine,

In answer to your question, it would be a matter on individual conscience in that situation. Either choice is not wrong in my opinion. This is the whole non resistance argument again. We have been here before and no point replaying it again.

Now what is interesting is the USA and UK have got themselves involved in wars such as Afghanistan and Iraq which are thousands of miles from their native soil, have no direct threat of invasion, went on for many years and IMO have proved to be pointless with many thousands of wasted lives sacrificed for nothing. This would be a situation where any person should object to it being morally bankrupt and refuse to be involved in.

Now when the direct threat is actually on your soil and your very existence is at stake (like in Israel) this is a whole different matter. But the Western world turns things upside down and justifies the unjust wars and condemns the legitimate self defence. What is very sad is when Christians also take this same twisted position.

2014/7/30 4:56Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

TMK, you asked "I guess I keep coming back to that conflict because I find myself wondering what Jesus would like to see done over there."

Well here is what Jesus WILL do over there......

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 19:11-16

In the mean time He wants as many as will to repent and not be subject to the wrath of the Lamb when He comes back in judgement. But let's not take an unbalanced view of God's will as just being forgiving and merciful. Thank God He is that, but He is also righteous and will judge sin.

2014/7/30 5:10Profile
brothagary

Re:

does jesus contradict john the baptise ,,would god send john the baptise to prepare the way of the lord with false preaching or repentence ,,did not john say to the romon solders be content with your wages ,,or was john in sin ,should john have said ,renounce being a solder when he called them to repent ,,,,,it is clear that god through john did not call the solders to quit there jobs when he called them to repent ,,,,so it can not be a sin in this instance to be involved in national sercurity

2014/7/30 5:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy