SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : When in US history did the shift begin...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

When in US history did the shift begin...

greetings

I was speaking with another brother and he was talking about the decline in morality in the United States, how far we have come and fallen away from beliefs that were once held on to. I am talking about, life having value, marriage being until death do us part, intimacy was something shared only after marriage, children being taught to respect adults, not lie or cheat, people watched their language, heavy drinking was looked down upon ect.

My question is when do you think in our history as a country the tide turned and attitudes shifted. I realize being moral does not make someone saved, I also realize that through history there has always been an underlying group of people who embraced rebelling against what is "considered" normal and moral to society. What I am wondering is when do you think the attitudes changed and this spirit of rebellion was embraced by the majority of people instead of just the minority?

If we truly want to see our country return to GOD it has to begin with those who claim to be HIS, submitting and obeying HIM daily...

God bless
maryjane

edited the title :)

2014/7/27 7:41Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: When in history did the shift begin...

There was a book published in 1938, "The Universal Church And The World Of Nations" Manufactured in the USA by Plimpton Press. This was a collection of essays which sought to define an agenda, or game plan, with the intent of gaining control of different populations through changing the "call" of the Christian Church. One of it's contributors was John Foster Dulles.

John Foster Dulles and his brother Allen Dulles were in many ways the "influencers" behind the many programs that are still impacting our nation today. The work of the CIA from the end of World War II forward has been one of the main sources of the corruption you speak of. From the creation of LSD and it's injection into the generation of the 60's to the promotion of continuous war, this nation has suffered greatly at the hands of those who created the CIA. We are being tossed to and fro, so that we will cry out for peace, and there will come an man that will deceive the people into thinking he will finally bring peace to this nation. The purpose of the "rebelling influencers" is to create the turmoil to prepare the sheep to accept there system.

2014/7/27 10:28Profile

Re: When in history did the shift begin...

Hi MJ, perhaps the seeds of destruction were sown in the very beginning..........bro Frank

2014/7/27 22:18
passerby

Re:

Righteousness in the bible is based on the fear of the Lord, and obedience to His commandments.

Morality and ethics without submission, reverence, and humility before God is like chasing the wind, deceptive, and the end thereof is death.

2014/7/28 1:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree with frank- the downward spiral began in Eden and there was never a chance of turning it back, only stemming the tide. We can argue about how effective the church has been at stemming the tide, but I think humanity as a whole was destined from the beginning to be in the state it is now.

Whether God planned this from the beginning is another discussion as well.

As a purely practical matter, it seems to me that the more recent hastening of the downward spiral began around the time that TV shows like Andy Griffith, Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver went off the air and were replaced by more liberal-minded shows in the early 70s like All in the Family, etc. I don't think the power of the media in all this can be underestimated.

2014/7/28 6:21Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by appolus on 2014/7/27 19:18:16

Hi MJ, perhaps the seeds of destruction were sown in the very beginning..........bro Frank

Greetings Frank

I was thinking on this as I was reading over some historical letters and diary entries from Christians around the time of the revolution. There were those at the time that did not believe it was right to break off from England or rebel against the king. They firmly believed that as the BIBLE tells us to submit to authority was the right thing to do. Its interesting to note that some of the earliest arrivals to the new world who were Christians suffered much injustice by wealthy business owners back in England but never did they consider fighting back, instead they paid the monies demanded of them and counted it as joy to live unto the LORD JESUS.

In reading history you can see a real trend or turning of attitudes in this country by the majority of the people beginning to happen I think around the 1900's. From there it is a very rapid decent into where we are now.

It does give one pause when you look at time lines of events that happened in this country and cause me to consider where we might be in 5 or 10 years down the road if we continue rebelling against GOD.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/28 7:50Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Passerby said:

Morality and ethics without submission, reverence, and humility before God is like chasing the wind, deceptive, and the end thereof is death.

Amen to that! No fear of the Lord or His commandments = no desire for righteousness = no wisdom = death.

The fear of the Lord is the 'beginning'. No fear is the 'end'!

2014/7/28 9:56Profile
dbiser

Re: When in US history did the shift begin...

Just as we have spiritual markers in our life that brings us along in our walk with the Lord; so there are markers in our nation that took us away from God. These are changes in our nations stances and as you ask, morality.
2013 - US Supreme court all but legalizes same sex marriage and opens up the path to do away with individual state Defense of Marriage Act;
1973 - abortion is legalized;
1963 - Madelyn Murray Ohare sues the Baltimore public schools to remove Bible from public schools; Supreme Court legalizes rejection of Bible in public schools;
1933 - Prohibition is overturned;
Great Awakenings in the 1700's; 1800's; and spiritual movings after 1904, nothing nationally since

until,
dan

2014/7/28 10:24Profile

Re: When in US history did the shift begin...

22 November 1963

2014/7/28 11:55
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

HezWelling listed:

"22 November 1963"

Allen Dulles worked on that one.

2014/7/28 12:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy