SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Help finding information on a Revival that took place in Georgia.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Man0fG0d

Help finding information on a Revival that took place in Georgia.

Good evening everyone. Hope you all are having a good day.

Like the title States, I need some help finding information about a revival took place in Georgia in 1839. I don't have many facts available. All I know is that the town was originally called Sandown. However, After a great revival broke and many people were born again they changed the name of the town to newborn. I have tried researching the history of the town but all to no avail.

If someone could try researching this and sharing any info they find I would greatly appreciate it. Thank everyone, God bless.

2014/7/26 18:45Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re: Help finding information on a Revival that took place in Georgia.

Because of the time frame I would think that the place and revival you are looking for had it's beginnings/roots in the Second Great Awakening.

I m not familiar enough with the topography to know where all the campgrounds were located. However, this article will give you an idea of some of the places and campgrounds that were in use during the Second Great Awakening and immediately afterward. This would be in the time frame you are looking for. It should be helpful in locating the area.

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/arts-culture/camp-meeting-grounds

2014/7/26 19:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy