Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : German cardinal elected new pope

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 German cardinal elected new pope

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany was elected Tuesday by his peers to lead the Roman Catholic Church after the death of Pope John Paul II, the Vatican announced.

Bells ringing from the Vatican earlier confirmed that cardinals had reached a decision and that, along with white smoke from the Sistine Chapel chimney, caused crowds in St. Peter's Square to chant, “Viva il Papa!” or “Long live the pope!”

The square quickly filled up as thousands of people began streaming in as word of the decision spread.

The new pope was to appear shortly on the main balcony overlooking the square to deliver his first public address.

The conclave of 115 cardinals lasted for two days, and no conclave in the past century had lasted more than five days. The election that made John Paul II pope in October 1978 took eight ballots over three days.

2005/4/19 14:26Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Warning: German cardinal elected new pope

Please read [url="http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article41.htm"]this article[/url]. It is from www.catholicplanet.com, which lends to the validity of the statements. He who has ears to hear, let him hear...

2005/4/20 4:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Amusing confussion

Hi Aaron,

Recall this from somewhere, possibly posted around here at some point, prior to the pope's death. It is amusing that the newest pope has taken on that name and not up on what the process is for doing so, memory is vague on that point.

Being that there is a date set for the Lord's return makes the whole thing void as far as I am concerned, not to mention all the correction's at the bottom of said article:

Quote:
[In an earlier version of this article, I thought that John Paul II would die in 2003. Then I thought, 2004. I am fallible. Also, in the previous version of this article, I thought that Pope Benedict XVI would die in 2009, now I think 2009 or 2010.]

Error correcting prophets, 'I thought, now I think'... If one must, here is some more:

"Writing on the recipients of prophecy, Benedict XIV (Heroic Virtue, III,144,150) says: "The recipients of prophecy may be angels, devils, men, women, children, heathens, or gentiles; nor is it necessary that a man should be gifted with any particular disposition in order to receive the light of prophecy provided his intellect and senses be adapted for making manifest the things which God reveals to him. Though moral goodness is most profitable to a prophet, yet it is not necessary in order to obtain the gift of prophecy." He also tells us that the angels by their own natural penetration cannot know future events which are undermined and contingent or uncertain, neither can they know the secrets of the heart of another, whether man or angel. When therefore God reveals to an angel as the medium through which the future is made known to man, the angel also becomes a prophet. As to the Devil, the same author tells us that he cannot of his own natural knowledge foretell future events which are the proper objects of prophecy, yet God may make use of him for this purpose. Thus we read in the Gospel of St. Luke that when the Devil saw Jesus he fell down before Him and, crying out with a loud voice, said: "What have I to do with thee, Jesus, Son of the most high God?" (Luke, viii, 28). There are instances of women and children prophesying in Holy Scripture. Mary, the sister of Moses, is called a prophetess; Anna, the mother of Samuel, prophesied; Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, by a Divine revelation recognized and confessed Mary as the Mother of God. Samuel and Daniel as boys prophesied; Balaam, a Gentile, foretold the advent of the Messias and the devastation of Assyria and Palestine. St. Thomas, in order to prove that the heathens were capable of prophecy, refers to the instance of the Sybils, who make clear mention of the mysteries of the Trinity, of the Incarnation of the Word, of the Life, Passion, and Resurrection of Christ. It is true that the Sybilline poems now extant became in course of time interpolated; but, as Benedict XIV remarks, this does not hinder much of them, especially what the early Fathers referred to, from being genuine and in no wise apocryphal.

That the gift of private prophecy exists in the Church is clear from Scripture and the acts of canonization of the saints in every age. To the question, what credence is to be given to these private prophecies, Cardinal Cajetan answers, as stated by Benedict XIV: "Human actions are of two kinds, one of which relates to public duties, and especially to ecclesiastical affairs, such as preaching, celebrating Mass, pronouncing judicial decisions, and the like; with respect to these the question is settled in the canon law, where it is said that no credence is to be publicly given to him who says he has privately received a mission from God, unless he confirms it by a miracle or a special testimony of Holy Scripture. The other class of human actions consists of those of private persons, and speaking of these, he distinguishes between a prophet who enjoins or advises them, according to the universal laws of the Church, and a prophet who does the same without reference to those laws. In the first case every man may abound in his own sense whether or not to direct his actions according to the will of the prophet; in the second case a prophet is not to be listened to" (Heroic Virtue, III, 192)."

[url=http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12473a.htm]http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12473a.htm[/url]

This sprung to mind:

Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
[b]For God is not the author of confusion[/b], but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
1Co 14:29-33

2005/4/20 8:03Profile
Rahman

Re: German cardinal elected new pope

Brother Mike,

i hear you on the prophetic revisions ...

Tho it is interesting if in fact this guy Ronald L. Conte Jr., on November 14, 2004, wrote this passage ...

Quote:
"The next Pope after John Paul II will take the name Pope Benedict XVI, in imitation of Saint Benedict and also of Pope Benedict XV. Just as Pope Benedict XV was an emissary of peace, so will Pope Benedict XVI be an emissary of peace. Just as Pope Benedict XV sought peace and spoke of peace and wrote papal documents seeking peace, so will Pope Benedict XVI do also. Just as Pope Benedict XV failed to achieve peace in the world, so will Pope Benedict XVI fail to achieve peace in the world. Just as the Pontificate of Benedict XV began prior to World War I, so will the Pontificate of Benedict XVI occur prior to World War III".

... in comparrison with Krispy's recent post:

New Pope Vows to Work to Unify Christians
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5303&forum=35

How'd Conte call the new popes moniker and mission? ... Coincidence? :-( ... Conspiracy? :-? ... Inside info? :lol: ... Satan :evil: ... UFO's :eek: ... Hmmmmmm ... Just kiddin bout the UFO's ... :-P

Also some of what this guy wrote sounds close to a "word/writing" that was posted on my website on 9/24/01 entitled:

A SCENARIO FOR WW III

Here's an excerpt;

"We as a nation now stand at the edge of the very self same precipice, that in the past we've so desperately pleaded the tiny state of Israel from which not to leap. And now we ourselves are about to make that jump, by massive retaliation for this unbearable wrong (9/11). I just pray that Pres. Bush, we American people, and our allies realize that once we're in free fall, there is no turning back! We Americans may soon choose to be the satanic catalyst of the world crisis that will prepare the way of the AntiChrist. The third world conflict! For he is the man that comes to the fore with the perfect plan of peace that will quell this impending global destruction. At least for a time.

Picture if you will the Christian western world, led by the Eagle, talons bared, wreaking havoc from on high, upon the world of Arabia, and Islam. Picture a demon possessed, turbaned, mad man, calling for "jihad". Then picture millions of the globe's one billion Muslims enraged!

See if you will moderate Islamic governments overthrown, and a vicious mass exodus of the hordes of the east, pushing west towards all of Europe, because it's there, so accessible. All of the Islamic "stans", once a part of the Soviet Union, pushing through Iran, thru Iraq, converging with the masses from the Emirates, Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia & Jordan, ever gaining man power.

Onward thru Syria, engulfing Israel, on up thru Turkey, and spilling out into eastern Europe, eventually as far westward as the very brink of Great Britain herself.

Picture a multitude of African Muslims, who inhabit all the top of Africa, spilling across the Mediterranean, into Italy, Spain and France.

Picture our once safe America, a mighty ocean apart from that madness, not barraged by conventional warfare, but further traumatized by even more hideous terroristic acts. Biological, and nuclear.

Picture a reoccupation of Rome, and the Vatican, the death of it's Pope, and the last gasping breaths of Catholicism as we know it. Picture every nation on the face of our globe, embroiled in their open, uncontrolled hatred for another. Uncontrolled because by the time of these events the body of Christ, his Bride, will have been miraculously caught away into heaven, to meet Him in the air. And the precious Holy Spirit, the restrainer, who has resided here on earth with the children of God since the departure of Christ, will have been removed! Picture a post-rapture America, in concert with the rest of the world, baptized, and refined, in the fires of unfathomable want, unprecedented need and unimaginable destruction.

Picture if you will the riding of the red horse of this Third World War, the pale horse of global Famine close following, and the black horse of mega Death swallowing souls.

But this is only the beginning, of the end. For out of this carnage shall arise a man. A man who is destined to become evil incarnate. A man also of the East, but Aryan in lineage, the rider of the white horse, he who shall quell this madness for an interim. He will do the seemingly impossible, even bringing peace between the contentious half brethren, Isaac and Ishmael.

Then picture if you will the building of the third (and final) Jewish temple. All the world will proclaim this man the Prince of Peace! But after three and one half years of the world mistakenly proclaiming him the Messiah, he turns, and an even worse scenario transpires ..... The one leading up to the conclusive, and most surreal war of all ....... Armageddon!

Sounds pretty far fetched doesn't it? Sounds just to impossible for any sane person to believe? But I'd say that it's about as impossible to conceptualize, as any of we Americans could have ever conjured up in our wildest imaginations, the witnessing of what we saw on Sept. 11, 2001.

Satan may continue to harden your heart. He may cause you to laugh. He may even cause you to scoff, and think this all one big cosmic joke. But via this landmark event in America God has sent the entire world a fearful wake up call, a one last chance delivered personally on our own doorstep. A knock far louder than all the others that we have so blithely been able to mentally shrug off, or scientifically explain away.

Will you heed His warning? Will you accept His Son Jesus Christ as your Lord, and catch this last transit out?

Our country, along with the rest of the globe, is about to fulfill the last book of His Bible, the Revelation. There is far worse coming! .... far worse.

REPENT!

Br. Rahman Reuben

Not kiddin at all about this! ... :beard:

2005/4/20 12:32Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Being that there is a date set for the Lord's return makes the whole thing void as far as I am concerned, not to mention all the correction's at the bottom of said article:

Mike,

I think I may have misrepresented this article. I'm not claiming that this is a valid prophecy (after all, we all should know that accuracy doesn't validate a prophet, eg Nostrodamus). I quick check over the website it's found in will reveal that the author of this is very much a Virgin Mary worshipper.

The point was simply to cite an extreme "papalist" source to weigh into the whole "ooh...spooky. A new pope" discussion. Perhaps my present interest is slightly fueled by my present participation in an "Art Katz School" at the moment, considering Katz's claims regarding the coming "Time of Jacob's trouble", combined with JP2 being of Polish decent and Pope Benedict XVI being German, and these nation's role in the Nazi holocaust.

Similar in nature to the alleged "Albert Pike prophecy of the three world wars", I present this as a demonic blueprint, rather than as a devine prophecy. After all, the same "papal spirit" would be leading both the "prophet" and the "pope" (if these sinister connotations are true), which would manifest as "false prophet's words" being the game plan, by which "false pope" (seems oxymoronic to put both words together;-)) acts out. This in contrast to God showing the true prophet the end from the beginning by devine revelation.

My apologies for conveying a message other than this:-).

2005/4/21 1:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Suspicion

Thanks Aaron and Rahman,

Funny how a re-reading of these things can make one realize that "I didn't explain that very well". Even that quote above has a ring to it of 'almost believing it if it wasn't for...'
So I understand what you mean Aaron with your fuller clarification.

Frankly and redundantly am suspicious of all of this stuff, all this 'forth-telling', wherever it comes from, even someone who I admire like Art Katz who has helped draw deeper truths out on so many areas, like well, [i]truth[/i] itself as well as a different look from his perspective on issues on Israel, the Jewish people, something that doesn't seem to gather much attention in this end of the globe or it's particular brand of Christianity.(I may have some sympathies to the possibilities of Mr. Katz's take on things, but that is largely because of his character and the interesting thought that it goes so far against the tide of much modern day thought, in other words, his possibilities maybe more probable, but still, what do I know?) Not looking to crack that nut here either, but as far as the prophetic goes in a business of prediction as it largely is constituted nowadays find it to be delusional even if well intended at times. Man that sounds soft.
I think it's bunk.

It seems to be a conglomeration of educated guess and the miss firing of the gray matter. How is it that in our day there is now a half-way house for the 'Prophet'? "He may have just misunderstood what the Lord was saying". This willingness to go easy on the so called 'prophet', it just doesn't jive. For all the ridiculous things I have heard over the years and the ease which some can be caught up in all these speculations, everything from the horses beating the Heavens causing gold dust to fall from the streets to taking todays newspaper headlines and making them 'proof' of 'prophecy'.

The proof is in the pudding, it either happens or it doesn't. The best prophetic truth that is in existence today is this:
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Again redundantly, that many things are happening that we can discern doesn't seem to need to be couched in terms of prophecy. The ideals of Utopianism. Is the world gradually getting better and better or worse and worse? Something that stands out in Jesus' words:

Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Without breaking this out into the whole area of eschatology...

Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Just seems to be the best advice, we don't know and it certainly appears that we find out after the fact or at best during, but forward looking beyond is speculation and dangerous if it is in this idea of taking things out of context, marrying scripture texts into new 'revelations',
'spiritualising' things to make them say what they were never intended to say.

That some are want to stand up and state "You are going the wrong way" and point back-wards to biblical innerancy for instance or even further in the sense of what did the early church teach and believe, those may be our true 'prophets' today. Funny that they are in effect scorned as 'fundamentalist' and 'backwards....
Precisely!

Am a bit unsure if this is all coming out the way I hoped to express it, but it has been a bit bothersome for some time now. The suspicion of much is in caution, to hold these things in abeyance, the oft underlining unsaid sentiment can be one of unbelief which is another deception. Somewhere there has to be more of a distinction between opinion or possibilities, 'could be's' or 'maybe's' and these pronouncements of "Thus sayeth the Lord" or "The Lord is telling me...."
Are you [i]sure[/i]?

What do we do with all the things that have been said in the last 5 years? Ten years? How many of them came to pass? How many have been relegated to the the trash or just forgotten?

As a test and it just dawned on me that I still have this, here is one that I saved from 2003:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jan 2, 2003

Prophecy for 2003

Alice Smith

U.S. PRAYER CENTER
1-800-569-4825

“Even as we (the United States) have broken the backs of our oppressors, God is breaking the back of our arrogance and pride. (A stick was snapped in half) Fear will fill our land until we humbly return to God. We have disgraced the covenants of our founding fathers and our land is defiled.

The Lord is shaking our foundations. America’s man-made gods are NO god’s at all. God is saying in the days to come we will see all our self-made god’s fail – with self-being the biggest of all!

The issue in our nation is not the war with Iraq. The Lord says the issue is the war going on in our heart. The Lord gave me a Scripture for us.

Jeremiah 5:-7-19 says,

"Why should I forgive you? Your children abandoned me. They took godless oaths. They committed adultery, even though I satisfied their needs. They traveled in crowds to the houses of prostitutes. They are like well-fed stallions that are wild with desire. They neigh for their neighbors' wives. I will punish them for these things," declares the LORD. "I will punish this nation.

"Go among Jerusalem's rows of grapevines and destroy them, but don't destroy all of them. Cut off the branches because they don't belong to the LORD.

The nations of Israel and Judah are unfaithful to me," declares the LORD.

They lie about the LORD and say, "He doesn't exist! Nothing bad will happen to us.

We won't experience war or famine. The prophets are nothing but windbags. The LORD hasn't spoken through them, so let what they say happen to them."

This is what the LORD God of Armies says: Because you've talked like this, I'm going to put my words in your mouth like a fire. These people will be like wood. My words will burn them up.

I'm going to bring a nation from far away to attack you, declares the LORD. It is a nation that has lasted a long time. It is an ancient nation. You don't know the language of this nation. You can't understand what its people say. Their arrow quivers are like open graves. They are all mighty warriors. They will devour your harvest and your food. They will devour your sons and your daughters. They will devour your flocks and your cattle. They will devour your grapevines and your fig trees. With their swords they will destroy the fortified cities you trust.

Yet, even in those days, declares the LORD, I won't destroy all of you.

They will ask, "Why has the LORD our God done
all this to us?" Answer them, "You have abandoned me and served foreign gods in your land. So you will serve foreigners in a land that isn't yours." (Ker. 5:7-19)

The invasion of war will happen and possibly North Korea, China or several of the Russian republics will resist us. (Like Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Soviet Georgia area)

Return to Jesus Christ! Renew the covenant of our forefathers who sought the Lord with all their heart, turned from their sin, shed their blood for freedom and walked in humility and love with one another and God. 2003 is the year of decision for our nation.

The heathen cannot intimidate the man or woman who is intimate with God. Draw close to Jesus and He will be your strength and comfort.

Stop trying to be politically correct. All of us need to stop it! ‘And, Mr. President, tell who you are! Please stop trying to be politically correct!’

We are in a battle of worship. Satan wants us to worship at his altar of self, money, reputation, glory and careers – and the Lord wants us to worship him in purity, truth, holiness, love and forbearance! THE BATTLE IS WHOM WILL WE WORSHIP!

In 2003 there will be a shifting of leadership in the Catholic Church. The old is dying and the new is coming.”

Copyright 2003, USPC

www.USPrayerCenter.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just an example but despite the sentiments of and the fact that there is some truth contained there the bottom line is this just did not happen. Also interesting is that this is nowhere to be found there now, no explanation, no recanting, no apologies. Again only an example, an harbor no motive other than to point out that it is wrong.

On a rant surely, but another illustration. Before being apprehended by the Lord for some time I lived in fear that a soon coming nuclear holocaust was eminent, this was at the height of the arms race. It was a bondage that was unnecessary, to say it couldn't still happen is as absurd as saying it will never happen or that it will happen tomorrow. What I am concerned about is in what can get overlooked, that the nature of deception of false prophets of counterfeits is precisely that they [i]appear[/i] to be the real thing. That many are want to delve into areas they have no business being in and leading others into all kinds of speculations and imaginations. Over and over again the admonishment in scripture is to "watch and pray", to "test", to "be sober minded", "to not go beyond what is written" and certainly that would include not re-writing or re-interpreting scripture to suit something cooked up in these fallen and still being renewed minds of ours. Isn't the mere wonder and mystery of "My thought's are not your thoughts" enough to tell us that we just don't know? Isn't that enough of a warning in itself to fear the wrath to come? However that comes? That regardless of how it all pans out ultimately there will be a final accounting and that is a sure prophecy to come, because we are all headed towards it at an unstoppable speed. Death marches on and we are caught in it's wake. Just not knowing ought to be enough and that is to anyone and everyone, even us who know better, because I fear it is easy to get get caught off guard and get caught up in all these speculations and further away from the bottom line. For all the talk and mildly amusing presuppositions of a Universalism mindset is just the simplicity of what is meant by salvation. What pray tell is it that we are in need of being saved from? It just strikes me as odd that the core issues can be pushed to the side while the details get all the attention, the trees for the forest. Only interject that here because for one it has come up recently and maybe it's just a bent toward looking at things from the whole.

Being that there is so much to look at here from the various conversations and perusing through everything with one eye on hoping to keep out the unnecessary dissensions and disruptions as the past months have been an indication of the other is in perhaps seeing things in this overall view.

Am finding this whole Catholic situation very suspicious as well and not in the prophetic sense though it [i]may be[/i]... Ecumenicism is suspicious, the more one looks into all these things, this whole 'structure' as it is, the things being brought forth for our examination, the double speak and [i]confusion[/i] and frankly compromise is disturbing. Don't think it is necessary to be mean-spirited about it nor carried away to extremes, but this is surely a system on parallel with the Scribes and Pharisees an addition of tradition and a lording it over the people. That an outcry is suppressed (not necessarily here) but in the greater realm of Christianity as a whole is curious and spiritually deflating. This willingness to be chummy and talk of all the great things that this next pope can, will or might do seems to be missing the point all together...What am I trying to say... If the core of everything that Christianity stands for is not Jesus, then why has He been relegated to the back burner?

What's coming or what's to become of all of this is an area I am not inclined to [i]go there[/i]. So call it what you will, but if there is anything whatsoever that seems obvious it's that the trends are going further and further away from the core and I pray that we keep to the path back-wards, back to:

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Back to the cross and the cost and:

Joh 12:32 And [b]I[/b], if [b]I[/b] be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto [b]Me[/b].

Long winded again, felt compelled nonetheless and as usual, do ignore it as the rantings of a fool if it is but foolishness, just my two cent's worth...

2005/4/21 10:14Profile
Rahman

Re: Suspicion

Brother Mike you wrote;
Quote:
"What am I trying to say... If the core of everything that Christianity stands for is not Jesus, then why has He been relegated to the back burner?

What's coming or what's to become of all of this is an area I am not inclined to go there. So call it what you will, but if there is anything whatsoever that seems obvious it's that the trends are going further and further away from the core and I pray that we keep to the path back-wards, back to:

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Back to the cross and the cost and:

Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me" ...

Amen, these are my sentiments exactly, and i believe also the sentiments and actions of the "true" prophet as God's instrument of calling back by repentance (a spiritual u-turn) to pure religion, and the pointing toward the consequences of not ... To me that's what true prophets do, pretty much all we do ... i've taken inventory of the messages i believe He's given me to deliver over the years and it's always return to holiness, repent, chastisements coming if we don't ... i too turn off from explicit date setting for God's good at telling us what's coming, but never seems to tell us how and when ... That's been the exasperation of my peculiar experience with Him theses past 20 years, "How Lord, and now as i'm fastly approaching geezerdom, when Lord"?

Man sometimes i wish that i was back at my simplicity in Christ period, my babe period, before i wound up with this burden of believing that i'm hearing directly from our Lord ... Back at that time where i to was soooooo skepticle ... Truth be told i'm actually praying hard, crying out to God regularly if He would either increase me in the things that i believe i've heard from Him (especially from the early years) or to divinely step in and release me from my "error" if in fact by some strangeness of myself, or devlish illusion i've been operating in ... i really need to know ...

- I will make you a spokesman first to My Church, then to the nations (from Him, satan or
me?)

- When your ministry takes off it will take a multitude with it (from Him, satan or me?)

- His final Revival is coming (from Him, satan or me?)

- "The Called" (from Him, satan or me?)

If it proves to be Him, then it's all Hallelujah! ... Satan, then please Lord deliver me right now!!! ... Me, then please Lord purge me quickly from whatever sickness would cause me to attribute such things as to you ...

You know brother Mike i think of two things brother Ron said in reference to me last year: #1 - In essence to check to make sure that i've not fallen in love with my "experiences" more than with Christ Himself ... i've done so and if my 'prophetic" experiences be proven by Him to me to be my error, that's not gonna stop me from loving Jesus ... God forbid! ... #2 - To cut myself a break ... i'd really like to do so but can't on my own because right now i'm afraid not to believe what i believe i've heard Him say to me for anything that is not of faith is "sin" ... And so i'm earnestly beseeching Him to "free me" from this "prison" i'm presently in whether He, satan or i have caused myself to be here, and whatever He shows me, as long as i experience "freedom" from it, will be ok by me ... This may sound terrible, like i'm giving God an ultimatum, but the truth is that i'm tired of holding unto these beliefs, i've told Him that i just don't think i can carry this extracarricular burden past this year, and in confessing my sin (if in fact this is a sin) have no intention of doing so ... May He have mercy on me, and forgive my lack of fortitude if i'm wrong, but brother Ron's suggestion of that "break" sounds more and more welcoming to me ... If God's strategy is to take me just within a hairs breadth of losing faith in these more personal matters of faith/promise/prophecy then i'm there ... But at this point "freedom at any cost" will be OK by me ...

Quote:
Long winded again, felt compelled nonetheless and as usual, do ignore it as the rantings of a fool if it is but foolishness, just my two cent's worth...

Nothing in this capacity is to long winded to a seeker of truth, and i am a seeker ... i know that this is all a part of God working it out for me in answer to my prayers in this regard ... Amen

Thanks be unto Him and you brother Mike!

2005/4/21 13:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy