SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Deception / Deceived

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Heb 8:3
For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this One also have something to offer.

What is the nature of the offering of our High Priest according to Scripture?

2014/7/12 10:26Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Rookie wrote:

Yes this is true for those who have received the covenant from the Lord. But what of those who are being called and not yet chosen?

Rookie:

Great question and thought, I have been pondering and studying and see that the scriptures speak of those whom are called and chosen and yet they are not the chosen elect.

If one is simply called and not chosen (meaning the elect) will be deceived and will fall away. In John 17, I believe Jesus is praying for those who are called, chosen(Elect), and faithful.

The Greek word for the Chosen(Elect) is eklektos and is used 23 times in the NT. 16 times it is translated elect, and 7 times chosen.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

There is another word for chosen used 22 times eklegomai and this appears not to refer to the elect as in the case of Judas.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

While Judas was called, chosen of God, he was not FAITHFUL.

There is a lot about the subject of those who are called and elect. If we are His elect we are justified,sanctified, and glorified and will NOT be deceived. We have a responsibility to make our calling and election sure and if we are faithful, obedient, and love God and His commandments we cannot fail and we are His elect.

2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Great questions from Elizabeth and yourself, I have enjoyed my study as a result.

2014/7/13 8:35Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

dfella wrote:

"If one is simply called and not chosen (meaning the elect) will be deceived and will fall away."

I agree with everything you posted and have highlighted this thought above...

As Cain was the first born of Adam to be deceived by Satan, so are those who Jesus teaches of in the parable of the sower...

Mar 4:13
And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?

Mar 4:14
“The sower sows the word.

Mar 4:15
“And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Mar 4:16
“These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

Mar 4:17
“and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble.

Mar 4:18
“Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word,

Mar 4:19
“and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

Mar 4:20
“But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

So would you say that only the last group are those who have been "chosen" ?

2014/7/13 9:41Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I asked: What is the nature of the offering of our High Priest...?

Heb 8:3
For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this One also have something to offer.

Heb 8:4
For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law;

Heb 8:5
who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”fn

The above Scripture differentiates between earthly priest's gifts and our High Priest gift. So then what is the gift of Christ our High Priest?

Heb 8:10
“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Heb 8:11
“None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.

Heb 8:12
“For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deedsfn I will remember no more.”fn

Pretaining to this thread, only those who "receive the love of the truth" will not be deceived. So the gift to those who are being saved is...

Christ gift to those who hear, "I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts;

How does this gift coorespond to the parable of the sower of seed?

2014/7/14 12:20Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I wrote:

Christ gift to those who hear, "I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts;

How does this gift correspond to the parable of the sower of seed?

As I go through this please keep in mind that this all is about receiving "love of the truth" which prevents one from being deceived by Satan in the end times....

Mar 4:20
“But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

This group's distinction is the "good ground" and these people both "hear the word" and "accept it".

Likewise...

Mat 13:23
“But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

This group "hears word" and "understands it."

Likewise...

Luk 8:15
“But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

Here we have again, "hear the word" with a "noble" and good"
heart, and bear fruit "with patience."

Our High Priest's gift is to convey knowledge to the mind, and write His law on our hearts. Those to whom the sower plants His word must first "hear" and then "accept it", "understand it" receive it with a "noble and good heart" and "keep it and bear fruit with patience."

Where in Scripture do we find commentary on this work? And how is this process about "receiving the love of the truth?"

Also...what does it mean to "accept it" referring to what one hears?

2014/7/15 12:31Profile

Re:

Rookie on reading your previous post it wound seem faith has to come into one`s heart who hears the word.

In Romans 10:17 we read that faith cones from hearing and hearing by the word of Christ.

I know this may not and we your question but wanted to share that thought.

Blaine

2014/7/15 20:15
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Blaine wrote:

"In Romans 10:17 we read that faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of Christ."

Yes...Scripture is the pure commentary on Scripture.

Psa 119:49
ZAYIN
Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.

The above Scripture is commentary on the Scripture below....

Rom 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The above Scripture is commentary on the Scripture below...

Luk 8:15
“But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

For the individual, the experience of bearing fruit, becomes the source of what we hope for. This hope is the substance which creates the love for the truth that is learned in the process of time from the Word of God.

2014/7/15 21:05Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Heb 4:12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The only way that I have seen in Scripture to overcome the deception of Satan is defind in the above verse.

How do "The thoughts and intents of the heart" impact our love for the truth?

2014/7/16 8:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Forgiveness and loving the truth, not being deceived...I suspect one could have a long thread on this issue.

I have experienced it when one confronts another of sin they will counter your concern that you did not forgive them! They may or may not acknowledge their act but the fact that you remind them of their sin (which is an ongoing situation) means you did not forgive them - so they say. And they will declare you are being judgmental. (Are you not judging me by saying I am judgmental? Had to admit this is true..)

Seems to me this is one area where a person can get deceived is by the intimidation dished out to you by sinful folks who work to defend their sin[s]. They say you are being judgmental and that you did not forgive. It can silence your vocal opposition to sin in a hurry because of the anger you are sure to encounter. Once we are silenced we are opening ourselves to deception by degrees, are we not?

2014/7/16 10:05Profile

Re:

Rookie Jeremiah writers that the heart is deceitful and wicked. Only God can understand and search our heart.

As such He uses the word to examine our heart motives to see if they are pure in Him.

I believe the verses that follow the ones you posted are all things are open and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must do or give account.

So it is God who examines us by His Word.

My thoughts bro.

Blaine

2014/7/16 10:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy