SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Deception / Deceived

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Rookie if we love the truth, rather Him who us the Truth, then we should have a forgiving heart toward others.

Just my thoughts.

Blaine

2014/7/11 13:00
rookie

Re:

Blaine writes;

"Rookie if we love the truth, rather Him who us the Truth, then we should have a forgiving heart toward others."

Yes one expects that this is the outcome for one who loves the truth. Yet, Scripture teaches us that there is a work that God does in each individual so that they will believe in His Son Jesus Christ and that the individual can know with certainty that the Spirit of God is giving that individual a love for the truth.

2Th 2:10
and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

2Th 2:12
that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2Th 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,

Paul warns of a deception which men will perish because "they did not receive the love of the truth..."

This is a spiritual precept. Where in Scripture do we find testimony of how God through the "sanctification by the Spirit" brought the individual to love the truth that is from God?

2014/7/11 14:37Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Rookie,

You asked,'So then what does it mean to " receive the love of the truth"?

I believe it is when the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts,..It gives
Us SUCH a love for His Word / Truth,...we just hunger and thirst for it.
And that love,Who is God / Love / Word /Spirit /causes us to love His Word,
And also to love others.

I remember long ago when The Lord was working in me,when at the first,I suddenly looked around,and and could not think of anyone that I did not love.

So,It is He who gives us the love of the Truth / Word
We can open our hearts and gladly receive The love of The Truth / His Word,spoken to us or us reading it,..meditating on It / Him,....or we can reject it.

And this 'Getting to a know Him,..to know Him,..to have the mind of Christ, learn His judgments in matters..(relationship) will help / or keep us safe from the many forms of deception.

Did Satan not even try to deceive Jesus,using Scripture,when He came up out of the wilderness ?. ...But Jesus could not be deceived.His eyes were single,...Only on His Father God.

Thank you Rookie,...I enjoy the communion in The Lord.

elizabeth

2014/7/11 21:56Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Sidewalk,
Thank you,..I so appreciated your well thought- out ,,,wisdom on this so important subject.

Because if we be deceived until we stand before The Lord,How will He judge in the mater ?Yes it is a constant battle.and yes,I believe it is dire.

Now I am thinking about The Word where it says to " Keep ourselves in the love of God"

Bless you,
elizabeth

2014/7/11 22:10Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Bro Gary ,
Thank you...appreciate your thoughts.
elizabeth

2014/7/11 22:13Profile
brothagary

Re:

your very welcome elizabeth

ya the truth will set you free ,,in more ways then one

2014/7/12 0:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
What will happen if we do not forgive?
Is it detrimental to truly forgive ?
Can we be deceived in our heart ?

Hi Elizabeth

It is sometimes possible to think that we have forgiven someone, but have not done it completely and at times it takes the revelation of God to show it. But what I have found, is that the times I have not felt love for all men, later on and not just at the beginning when we first meet the Lord, then it means that there is some un-forgiveness towards someone we know.

And for being deceived - yes. One little lie will do it. One little belief that we are holding that comes from the pit and not from God. There was one little lie that had me for quite some time. And it was not exactly untrue in one sense because in my lifetime, I have felt an outsider due to having Aspergers Syndrome. The little lie was 'you are all alone and no-one cares' and this lie caused me untold grief and held me in deception over other things, especially over unforgiveness.

One day however, I made a stand against the lie and said NO, I am not alone because I have God, and it broke the deception and allowed a huge blessing to fall on me, so I would say to others to ask God to reveal whether there is a little lie from the pit and to look into your hearts to see if it is so.

It is my understanding, that if we think we cannot be deceived or are not being deceived, then it is a sign that we are, whereas if we daily seek to be assured that we are in the light, then we will be able to walk in the light.

None of us can stand against the deceptions of Satan without a constant walk in the light.

2014/7/12 6:12
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re: Deception / Deceived

In answer to the original question about satan deceiving the whole world speaks ONLY of those who are IN and OF the world. The church, Christians, the Body of Christ are NOT in or of the world, they are the "called out Ones". We as obedient faithful believers are in the world as Jesus says, but we are not of this world.

I would encourage you to read Jesus' prayer for His church in ALL of John 17 not just the few verses quoted below.

John 17:11-16 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. (12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. (13) And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. (14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. (15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. (16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

2014/7/12 8:46Profile
rookie

Re:

Elizebeth wrote:

And also to love others.

I remember long ago when The Lord was working in me,when at the first,I suddenly looked around,and and could not think of anyone that I did not love.

God has done that for me for certain individuals while others, God has used to show me what is not right in my own heart.

2014/7/12 10:14Profile
rookie

Re:

dfella wrote:

In answer to the original question about satan deceiving the whole world speaks ONLY of those who are IN and OF the world.

Yes this is true for those who have received the covenant from the Lord. But what of those who are being called and not yet chosen?

2014/7/12 10:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy