SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Deception / Deceived

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Deception / Deceived

I have been giving some considerable thought on this verse and subject
in Rev.12:9,..."And the great dragon was cast out,that old serpent,called
the Devil and Satan,who 'DECEIVETH THE WHOLE WORLD' ; "

My thoughts were and question to you is:..If he deceiveth the whole world,then WHO is,or can be,exempt or excluded ?

We know that the Word where Jesus is speaking,and one is calling Him Lord,Lord,...We look at those scriptures, and see that deception can be with one all the way until one stands before The Lord.

What is your thoughts ?

elizabeth

2014/7/10 17:58Profile

Re: Deception / Deceived

I think there's deception even in orthodox groups

any time a person trusts in himself deception is right there

2014/7/10 18:44

Re:

Elisabeth we read in John 10:1-10 the sheep follow the Shepherd because they know His voice. The sheep will not listen to a stranger.

Sister if we stay close to the Shepherd, Jesus and hear His voice, His word. He will keep us from deception.

My thoughts, dear sister.

Blaine

2014/7/10 19:41
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you Noah for your thoughts.

Yes Bro.Bear,
I do believe,that is the only way that will keep us from being deceived.

elizabeth

2014/7/10 20:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I feel part of an important picture is that the body of Christ would follow the Lord and servant leaders He has put in the body. When the ideology of everyman doing what is right in his own eyes becomes prevalent so does deception and apostasy. Individualism is hurtful because it is not what our Lord modelled, He rather encouraged servant leaders (apostles) and others to "shepherd" and lead people. (1 Peter 5). Wolves prey on those lone straying sheep that feel they have the corner on truth and know better then most pastors.

As other posters have also mentioned we are not immune from deception in varying degrees. The most important thing is to continue in daily relationship with the Lord and be in fellowship with the larger body of Christ submitting to leadership.

--

Judges 2 New International Version (NIV)

The Angel of the Lord at Bokim
2 The angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bokim and said, “I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land I swore to give to your ancestors. I said, ‘I will never break my covenant with you, 2 and you shall not make a covenant with the people of this land, but you shall break down their altars.’ Yet you have disobeyed me. Why have you done this? 3 And I have also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; they will become traps for you, and their gods will become snares to you.’”

4 When the angel of the Lord had spoken these things to all the Israelites, the people wept aloud, 5 and they called that place Bokim.[a] There they offered sacrifices to the Lord.

Disobedience and Defeat
6 After Joshua had dismissed the Israelites, they went to take possession of the land, each to their own inheritance. 7 The people served the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had seen all the great things the Lord had done for Israel.

8 Joshua son of Nun, the servant of the Lord, died at the age of a hundred and ten. 9 And they buried him in the land of his inheritance, at Timnath Heres[b] in the hill country of Ephraim, north of Mount Gaash.

10 After that whole generation had been gathered to their ancestors, another generation grew up who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel. 11 Then the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord and served the Baals. 12 They forsook the Lord, the God of their ancestors, who had brought them out of Egypt. They followed and worshiped various gods of the peoples around them. They aroused the Lord’s anger 13 because they forsook him and served Baal and the Ashtoreths. 14 In his anger against Israel the Lord gave them into the hands of raiders who plundered them. He sold them into the hands of their enemies all around, whom they were no longer able to resist. 15 Whenever Israel went out to fight, the hand of the Lord was against them to defeat them, just as he had sworn to them. They were in great distress.

16 Then the Lord raised up judges,[c] who saved them out of the hands of these raiders. 17 Yet they would not listen to their judges but prostituted themselves to other gods and worshiped them. They quickly turned from the ways of their ancestors, who had been obedient to the Lord’s commands. 18 Whenever the Lord raised up a judge for them, he was with the judge and saved them out of the hands of their enemies as long as the judge lived; for the Lord relented because of their groaning under those who oppressed and afflicted them. 19 But when the judge died, the people returned to ways even more corrupt than those of their ancestors, following other gods and serving and worshiping them. They refused to give up their evil practices and stubborn ways.

20 Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and said, “Because this nation has violated the covenant I ordained for their ancestors and has not listened to me, 21 I will no longer drive out before them any of the nations Joshua left when he died. 22 I will use them to test Israel and see whether they will keep the way of the Lord and walk in it as their ancestors did.” 23 The Lord had allowed those nations to remain; he did not drive them out at once by giving them into the hands of Joshua.

Footnotes:

Judges 2:5 Bokim means weepers.
Judges 2:9 Also known as Timnath Serah (see Joshua 19:50 and 24:30)
Judges 2:16 Or leaders; similarly in verses 17-19

2014/7/10 20:24Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Yes, I know this is very deep,but sincere thinking..But please bear with me,
..I do believe it is very important.

What really prompted this subject,was the thought about unforgivness...
Being 'deceived' in one's heart.and,...could that be just one of the things Satan could deceive us in. And what benefit could it be to him ?

Never willing to forgive....i have been there.It is a hard thing,in our carnal /
Fleshly way,And to ever see that WE MUST ! We may just go along through life,and not think how very dire it is,until by the mercies of God,He shows us,...we see it in His Word, and cry out ,and say Lord ! 'I cannot do
this, and Your Word says I must,so please help me'

But because the Word says that our hearts are deceitful, I believe The Lord wants us to look deep within our hearts,that are so easy to be deceived,and judge ourselves so we do not have to be judged.

What will happen if we do not forgive?
Is it detrimental to truly forgive ?
Can we be deceived in our heart ?

If Satan deceiveth the whole world,...How many things can we be deceived in. .?..And will there be an end consequences if we do not plead / ask for
The Lord'help in showing us and help in doing something about it ?

And can Satan even 'deceive' us into thinking that we have truly ended
Any deception that may be in our heart,...like forgiveness, complete bondage broken ?

I do hope this makes sense to you.
Elizabeth

2014/7/10 23:06Profile
brothagary

Re:

two fundamantel truths have allways hepled me forgive people and sinnners in particular ,,,that christ should not have saved me and forgiven me ,so the least i can do is forvive others like he for gave me ,,,and that the person who hurt me ,more then likely will suffer in hell ,,this induces compassion in me ,,and also cause me to pray and bless those who may have hurt me

2014/7/11 5:35Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Deception / Deceived

The answer to your question is found in the following verse...
2Th 2:9
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10
and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Those who do "not receive the love of the truth" will be deceived. Only those who have overcome Satan through the growth in the Word of God will be enabled to discern between good and evil.

So then what does it mean to "receive the love of the truth" ?

2014/7/11 5:58Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Deception

Anyone who is truly born again must come to realize that prior to conversion they were living in some form of deception. And anyone who has been born again for any length of time must realize that deception is in constant war with one's soul.

When I say it is very easy to be deceived, I am looking in the mirror.

"Search me and know me, O God, and see of there be any wicked way within me!" This is not an unbeliever's prayer, but the cry of a man who has come through pain to realize just how near and how destructive deception is.

Elibeth is so right about unforgiveness, one of the widest open doors to deception there is. (Lust for sex, money, and prestige are pretty wide doors as well...)

Deception and pride are hand in glove, whereas forgiveness and gratefulness will lead to truth.

I see truth as two things. The reality of what actually is, and the person of Jesus Christ. The first is difficult, in that my perceptions may not be accurate. But when Christ is inside, I have actual truth within, and the details outside will fall into place.

Ongoing battle! Even today, I pray that I may be led to truth, better truth, more of Him who is truth.

2014/7/11 11:36Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Elizabeth writes:

What will happen if we do not forgive?
Is it detrimental to truly forgive ?
Can we be deceived in our heart ?

This question is not for you sis alone but for those who contemplate this thread,

How does this thought relate to "receive the love of the truth"?

2014/7/11 12:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy