SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : husband abuse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Gary

I have never met one nor heard of one who was not drunk or drugged or mentally ill. That is not to say that they exist, I just have not met one or personally know of one.

2014/7/12 6:42
rainydaygirl

Re:

krautfrau

no one in this thread said anything about women staying when they are being abused and beaten. no one has denied the real sin issue of abuse. the only thing i said is that women can be just as guilty of abuse as men are because it is sin.

you seem to want to excuse women of their sin in these situations. that is not something i understand or agree with. in your post you said the reasons for abuse are different. you write as if women are not guilty of sin when they abuse a man??? perhaps the excuses for abuse are different between men and women but in both cases of men and women who abuse the root of the matter is sin that motivates the heart to hurt another whether it be with words or actions. can you show me a place in the Bible where is says a women is less guilty of sinning against another person just because she is the weaker vessel??

the numbers may not be as high for men but that doesn't mean it does not happen. that was the point to this thread is that abuse among men happens, that women increasingly can be the one guilty of abuse and that this is a sin issue that needs to be dealt in both sexes.

it seems by what you write that men are some how always the bad guy no matter what and that women are always the victim, instead of seeing that violence in general is on the rise because of sin in this world. people need Jesus so there can be healing, and forgiveness and families and marriages restored.

rdg

2014/7/12 7:02Profile

Re:

rainy

I am not saying that with women, it is not a sin. It is. She chose to take that drink or drug and she chose to eat a bad diet that makes PMS worse.

But there is a great danger in thinking men abuse women, women abuse men so therefore they can sort it out and the women can defend themselves. Female abuse cannot be compared with male abuse, there are lots of differences and much more danger for a woman in a dysfunctional relationship, and the church turns a blind eye to this on the whole. Just look at the abuse ministries in the church, they will say the same thing.

It is not a campaign against men.

2014/7/12 7:18
rainydaygirl

Re:

by krautfrau on 2014/7/12 7:18:21
rainy

I am not saying that with women, it is not a sin. It is. She chose to take that drink or drug and she chose to eat a bad diet that makes PMS worse.

women can be angry and say and do things in anger just like a man with out their being any of the issues you mentioned above. when women murder men how can there be more danger for her then him??? how does that make sense??

its a sin issue for both sexes. people sin and in the end we all need Jesus. i think we can at least agree on that.

rdg

2014/7/12 7:35Profile

Re:

Sadly, rainy you keep missing the point.

I am talking about the much greater danger women are in when a relationship has got so bad that physical abuse occurs.

It is not often that a husband is murdered by his wife but it happens, and I imagine that killing him in his sleep is a means of choice, or shooting him, but in general, a woman cannot overpower a man if he defends himself and of course if he attacks.

I am not talking about any other form of abuse which is of course committed by both sexes.

When there is physical abuse, there must be help for these women who are at much greater risk, not being physically able to defend herself.

Saying that men get physically abused just clouds the issue. So does saying we all need Jesus. Women in the church are coping with physical abuse and are told to stay put. This is the issue.

2014/7/12 8:07
rainydaygirl

Re:

krautfrau you said "Saying that men get physically abused just clouds the issue. So does saying we all need Jesus. Women in the church are coping with physical abuse and are told to stay put. This is the issue."

respectfully that is not the issue being discussed in this thread, never was. read the op again. this thread was me sharing my testimony here with others. and i give thanks to Jesus for showing me the sin i was in and for healing my marriage.

i think we are talking past each other at this point and there is little left to say. when you write that "saying people need Jesus clouds the issue." i have no response left. of course Jesus is the only option for men, women, and families being destroyed by abuse. there can be no other option or response to the sin that is destroying families.

rdg

2014/7/12 8:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Jesus is the only solution to the abuse problem where ever it occurs.

Brenda, you did not want any more examples to prove you wrong, but I will ignore that request and inform you that I can give you examples of wife abuse long before illicit drugs were common; alcohol was not used. You know what triggered it? Anger.

Anger so bad - uncontrolled anger that it carries within it the earmarks of the demonic. The demonic does not need any substance abuse to work and be operational.

In short - it is SIN. It begins by feeding annoyance and acting on it whereby it will grow and soon become out of control. This is not mental illness but anger at its worse. It will control a person where he/she seems to be out of control. Not mental illness but demonic.

I suspect that if one were to probe the perpetrator one would find residual sin that has never been dealt with, be it male or female. Sin will go underground and resurface as an apparent unrelated issue and cause irrational behaviors such as you find in Post Abortion Syndrome.

Now, maybe I will bow out of this discussion - I have said all I care to on this subject.

ginnyrose

2014/7/12 9:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy