SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Pure Milk of the Word

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Gary I love you bro that you love the truth. Rather you love Him who is the Truth. But when I look at Eph.4:11-12 I see the apostle, prophet, etc. as gifts of the Holy Spirit. Only that vs 4:8 speaks of Him giving gifts to men. But ok. Different conclusions without a commentary.:-).

If one is led to seminary then ok. But I have spoken to those who have been in seminary and they have often said that it was "cemetery". Their words not mine. But then we answer to God for how He leads us.

My thoughts bro :-)

Blaine

2014/7/6 16:44
Elibeth

Re: The Pure Milk of the Word

a testimony..?

Well,...With the help of The Lord,who I was depending on,He
led me,in this way.

When He was drawing me to Him ( His Way ) (Grace)) He drew me to SUCH a Hunger to read His Word.And He impressed upon me mightily ,DO NOT GET ANY MATERIAL,.....just get My Word...and I will teach you.?...and to do that,it would only confuse me) I had no idea that was even in the Bible until many years later.

(1 Jn.2:27)," But the anointing which ye received
of Him abideth in you,and ye need not that any man teach you; but as the same anointing teacheth you,ye shall abide in Him."

In our beginning,I believe ,And I imphasise,In the BEGINNING of our faith,
it is most important to allow The Lord to teach us.So what else can I go by.And isn't that what He wants,... is for us all his children,to be led by His Spirit ? And isn't He foremost,the Greatest Teacher ?And how else can we not be tossed to and fro ? Not that we KNOW all things,..but He begins,and
continues to teach us.

And not only that,...He will bring Words / Scriptures, up ,..even onto our tongue,...in time of need.(He will bring all things to our remembrance.)

So what do I say more...yes Bro. Bear,we are to hunger for the Word,
as a baby hungers for it's milk,....and needs it's milk.It may be by reading
The Word,or by thinking on Him and His Words are flowing up into our mouths.

Forever and always needing His help,
elizabeth

2014/7/6 16:48Profile

Re: Elisabeth

Dear Sister indeed a beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing.

Blaine

2014/7/6 17:35
MaryJane

Re:

Conversely, when you eat the fruit from the tree of life, you get the life of Jesus Christ built up in you and none of these silly things matter. In fact, the exact opposite is often exhibited in many of the above points: You begin to shun Bible debates; index cards have no effect; preachers and teachers who operate in the letter of the law (i.e. the tree of knowledge) are exposed by the Holy Spirit and henceforth avoided; Bible reading is spontaneous, natural, joyous, unforced and never by the clock. When you come to the Word of God as the tree of life, there is rest. Prayer naturally follows the reading, like perfume.

You have no idea how many people get furious when I teach these things. It is only about knowing Christ more deeply, more intimately, more completely. The way you approach the scriptures will either bring you to Him, or drive you away.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us here. I really needed to be reminded of this truth just now. There is much condemnation that can be aimed at those who do not follow a strict formula of reading the BIBLE every day.

I don't want to read the BIBLE because someone has told me I have to, I want to be in the WORD because of who JESUS is and the overwhelming desire of my heart is to know HIM more each day.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/6 17:40Profile

Re: Paul West

Paul as in our walk of faith in Jesus it is a heart attitude to to please Him.

Brother I ask respectfully Are you making a distinction between devotional discipline in reading the word and legalism?

Just wondering.

Blaine

2014/7/6 17:41

Re: What is the difference?

This probably should be another thread. But what is the difference between discipline and legalism? Particularly as regards Bible reading?

Paul instructs Timothy to discipline yourself for the.purpose of godliness. Should this not play into our approach to scripture?

Blaine

2014/7/6 17:48
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I think the main issue in the OP is whether other resources have a place. For us to imply they should have no place and yet to try to teach or share from the Word on this forum doesn't make any sense to me. Again, if its just the Bible and us individually why the need for this website, sermons, and discussion forum where there is teaching?

2014/7/6 17:49Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Brother I ask respectfully Are you making a distinction between devotional discipline in reading the word and legalism?

No, brother. The gist of my post was a distinction between the tree of life and the tree of knowledge. Besides, "devotional discipline" can be taken as a subjective term.

2014/7/6 17:50Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Its like saying, you should only listen to MY insights into the Word.

2014/7/6 18:06Profile

Re:

But Oracio is that not what commentaries are? The insight of men into the word of God?

Blaine

2014/7/6 18:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy