SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Criminal Minds

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: UF

Certainly, I'm no ultra fundamentalist! But the apostle Paul...he may have been.

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 1 Cor. 11:14,15

****Sidenote: Hey there drifter...wasn't the Texas Chainsaw Massacre a christian movie? Wasn't it produced by christians(not the Fundamentalist type though,because it would probably be against their rules).

2014/7/27 6:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am pretty sure John the Baptist had really long hair, never having had it cut as he was a Nazarite from birth.

Didn't seem to bother Jesus at all. I mean He got baptized by him and everything.

Do you really think the apostles went around with buzz cuts?

Let's not be silly. I'll bet their hair was longer than (gasp) The Beatles!

2014/7/27 9:43Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I used to have really long hair, and God told me to cut it.
Now I keep my hair fairly short. (By the way, how long is long?)

2014/7/28 13:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Drifter-

By the standard you posted, hair is too long between the time God tells you to cut it and when you see a barber.

2014/7/28 14:12Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re: Criminal Minds

Greetings in christ HeartSong

I believe that you have raised a really good point, television effects our eye and ear gates and if not guarded by the holy spirit, the demonic realm can use these gates to invade our emotions and create fear and hoplessness with the intent to gain a stronghold to opress us. God asks us to be innocent of evil and excellent in good. I work and am constantly around violence all the time and i can say that i learn more in action and direction of the holy spirit about the minds of criminals then any secular teachings and shows.

what ever is being placed before our ears and eyes effects the thoughts being gathered in our minds and we are instructed to bring every thought into captivity of christ and that at the end of everyday we need to wash our feet (thoughts) as these are under battle whilst we live on this earth and this battle is against principalities that stand against Gods truth.

I work with psycologists and pychiatrists and have done so for over 22 years with people who have "criminal minds" and i can say that God is not in those teachings, they are of men. it destroys hope and faith by ticking boxes and men taking charge in the situation rather then God.

for example i had a man that i just met who was very high up in the Bikie world whos job was to sort out other bikers that didn't do what they where supose to and he would have to acomplish this in the most vile manner. under the secular system he was placed in groups targeted for his behaviour and medically restrained to stop his violent behaviour (for years) i recieved a call from his brother saying that he smashing his house up and his girlfriend was absolutley terrified. this was about 6pm at night when all services had finished for the day. The holy spirit told me to go and see him. I did not know what to do so i sat in the car and prayed and god realeased a love into my heart for this man, whilst driving there the enemy kept bringing up all the conversations that his psycologist had said about him over the last month, this was an attempt to create fear in me but i prayed against this to have a mind set that was directed by the holy spirit. when i arrived at his house the holy spirit advised me that he needs to forgive someone. anyway i knocked on his door and when he opened the door, i calmly spoke in love to him "you are hurting bro" and i gave him a hug and then said to him that God had told him that he needs to forgive someone in his past, we had a prayer TOGETHER on the floor and as he forgave his ex-girlfriend who took his kids from him he gave his life to Jesus and then his new girlfriend gave her life to christ. there where so many tears from us all. i didnt see him again for about 3 months and out of the blue he turned up with a beautiful smile on his face, had a bible in his hand and advised me that he has been preaching to other bikers and some very famous kingpin outlaws.

It is not wether you watch tv or not its why you watch it and how you are viewing it with God in your thoughts. Take courage and keep posting despite some of the comments that are way off the mark. In reality this world has become extremely violent and through the media it is constantly attacking our ears and eyes and can not be avoided. if we wash our feet at the end of everyday in Christ we can walk in the direction that christ has ordained us to walk.

Years ago i did a post and was so hurt by the comments that where of the flesh and not the spirit but this is what happens in a general forum as it is at the very battle ground of principles bewteen God and Satan, truth and lies

2014/8/13 17:35Profile
HeartSong

Re:

God bless you crusader! What wonderful advice. The LORD has me putting on the full armour every morning before getting out of bed, and now I shall be washing my feet every night before I go to sleep.

2014/8/14 8:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy