SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Amazing Grace!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PJ

Amazing Grace!

Sometimes when reading God's Word, a question arises that challenges my faith. When I see how soon the New Testament writers thought Jesus would return I began to question why God has chosen to wait so long to return. Why wait until the population of the the earth is at 6 Billion plus people with the vast majority going to hell, why wait until things have reached this point? I now have an answer.

He has held off all this time for me. If he would have returned a hundred years after he ascended or even as little as fifty years ago I would never have been born to discover the grace of God. I am so thankful that he has waited long enough for me to discover his grace. Today part of me screams, "Come quickly Lord Jesus", and another parts screams, "Take as long as you want so that others can discover this amazing grace".

A few years ago I attended a church dedication. That speaker was an "old timer" who really loved the Lord. He was a soft spoken man and yet you could see the love of God radiate from his life. I'll never forget something he said. He told about a man who once told him that one of the first things he was going to do when he got to heaven was ask Adam and Eve why they ate the fruit and let them know that they ruined it for us all. The speaker told us that he replied that one of the first things he was going to do was find Adam and Eve and thank them for eating the fruit. For, he went on to say, had they not eaten the fruit, he never would have known this wonderful grace of God. At the time I didn't get it. Today I do.

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound...

Oh that we may all find the grace of God to be truly AMAZING!

Blessings to you all,
PJ

2003/10/1 11:12Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re: Amazing Grace!

Quote:
Today part of me screams, "Come quickly Lord Jesus", and another parts screams, "Take as long as you want so that others can discover this amazing grace".

I can completely empathize, PJ. I pray so hard to be whisked away to heaven as soon as possible -- whether I get hit by a bus or Christ finally returns for us -- I don't care which method He uses. But I know that sometimes it's out of selfish intentions. While I am here, I know that God has a plan and purpose for me. And just as He has a perfect plan for me, He has one for this world, and He will return in His own perfect timing. We just gotta trust that He knows what He's doing, because He does. :-)

2003/10/1 13:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy