SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Six Days In June (Six Day War - Israeli victory) - Documentary

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Six Days In June (Six Day War - Israeli victory) - Documentary

I felt it right to put this documentary up here, as I have watched hundreds of hours , if not thousands of every aspect of Israel, whether it past battles of modern Israel, kibbutz life, political realm, faith, etc.

I just viewed this documentary, and I have to say. its the best I've seen, as its studiously even handed, and very intelligently done. The Six Day War, which I was very cognizant of , even as a child, changed everything.

If you lense this documentary thru eyes of faith, realizing that God is control of EVERYTHING, you can see His Hand in this "war", thru ill made decisions, the Arabs did not HAVE to wage war, but their leaders whipped up the "man in the street" to such a fervor for Jewish blood. Israel, tiny, the people were scared, but God used a handful of "mighty men" (their generals) to have faces of flint, and face an enemy force that far outnumbered them.

Watch this, and I don't believe you'll view the situation the same, its that good. Lord bless you.

"Six Days in June"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZYBUdzJuqI

2014/6/28 19:12

Re: Six Days In June (Six Day War - Israeli victory) - Documentary

The song, "Jerusalem of Gold" written a month before the war, that became emblazoned in everyones heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmMllp8hJg

2014/6/29 23:10
brothagary

thanks for posting neil

2014/6/30 3:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

it certantly reminds me of victores in the bible by isreal

2014/6/30 4:49Profile

Re:

Thanks for the link, watched the documentary.
Yes it was a great victory for Israel and I'm sure it was by God's power. But it is interesting to see how the whole situation continued. Israel did not give glory to God and they underestimated their enemy and according to an Israeli officer, the army became too arrogant. Only six years later Egypt managed to cross the Suez canal and started a new war. Israel was caught off guard. It was a horrible war with many casualties.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v1Vg1J3A_c
There are probably many lessons we as believers can learn from this.

"Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses". 1 Timothy 6:12

2014/7/4 3:31
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Yip the land belongs to Him!

2014/7/4 4:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy