SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Witnessing in the UK, please help!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Witnessing in the UK, please help!

I've just been to Livingwaters.com looking for tracts and come across 'the Evidence bible'. Does anyone here use this when witnessing and if so how effective is it?
I really want to start evangelising here in the UK and am pretty much on my own so i need all the guidence and direction i can get. The ministry livingwaters looks very helpfull and im about to listen to their message 'hells best kept secret'.
Im overwhelmed with info on that site so if there are any brothers or sisters here that can give me some kind of direction(or even ideas and personal experiences in evangelism)i would be really gratefull.
In His love, Geraldine. :-D

2005/4/16 11:38
AndrewBruce

Blythewood, SC

Re: Witnessing in the UK, please help!

Geraldine,
Hells best kept secret is an excellent sermon! I hope you enjoy it. I'm unfamiar with "the evidence Bible" so I can't be of any help there... But I can pray for you! I think the number one thing needed for evangelism is prayer and I'll be lifting you up daily. Let us know how we can pray for you!

As far as advice from personal experience...
There is no "one way" to witness because every situation is usually different. Most people think that they have to say all this stuff right of the bat flawlessly and that's not usually how it goes. I have found asking them questions about what they believe to always be helpful, this gets them thinking about what it is exactly that they believe about God, Jesus, and what happens when someone dies. Then you go from there and show them what God says about Himself, that He is the creator of the universe, that He lives in heaven, and most importantly that He is perfect in every way. Then find out what they think about sin (you may have to define sin if they've never heard that word before). Ask them if they think they have they ever sinned. This can be very convicting... show them from Romans that all have sinned and that the wages of sin is death. Then bring in Jesus! Use verse like John 3:16 and John 1:12. And of course, the whole time your sharing, Pray!

I also sometimes use a one verse evangelism method, but I'll let someone elso who's probably used it more than me share that one!

Now, that is my goal when I start a conversation but I don't always get all the steps in or in that order. I used to get really disapointed if I didn't get to share the whole gospel with somebody or if I felt I didn't do a good job when I friend reminded my that God's word never returns void.

2005/4/16 13:09Profile

Re:

WOW! Just watched it! I have such a desire to get a group started to witness in my town.
I have also seen all the resources by Ray Comfort that you can get, the courses they have for personal or group use.

Quote:
But I can pray for you! I think the number one thing needed for evangelism is prayer and I'll be lifting you up daily. Let us know how we can pray for you!

Thank you for your prayers, it means a great deal to me to know someone is praying for me. Please pray as the spirit leads as i feel i am entering into something new here. I feel im only going to be able to get one person to evangelise with me if that.I would love to get a small group together at least, but maybe as i begin on my own others may join me.
Again thank you so much for your prayers, they are very very precious.
In His love, Geraldine

2005/4/16 16:07

Re:

I see theres plenty on here in downloads by Ray Comfort! This is great.
Thank you Sermonindex! This place really is an oasis.

2005/4/17 2:35
Mr_Nath

Re:

LivingWaters is a great ministry! I own the Evidence Bible (It is the KJV with the Thou and Thee's changed) and Ray's commentary and Q&A's throughout the bible have been really effective in my street witnessing. Throughout the Bible Ray answers common questions about Christianity that you may be asked on the street and also has sections on each of the major religions explaining how to witness to them specifically.

I encourage you to keep listening to the material on SI and the LivingWaters site and then get out there and do what Jesus did. Just make sure that above all else Prayer and the Word are your priority. Without the Holy Spirit behind you (or ahead of you) no clever answer or 'technique' will save anyone.

Keep the FIRE of God burning!!!

Mr Nath.

2005/4/17 2:46Profile
adonaisarmy

Re: Witnessing in the UK, please help!

Hey geraldine, AND ALL INTERSTED IN LIVINGWATERS MATERIAL.

My name is joshua, i live in California, USA. I have pretty recently found out about livingwaters ministry. It has confirmed to me so strongly much of what the Holy Spirit has been teaching me. Which is the need of using Gods Law in evangelism. Ray uses many analogies pointing to the great need, importance, effectiveness, of using the law, and the great downfalls of NOT using the law. It really is a great need, so many people today view themselves as good people, and deserving of heaven. Or fairly good people ocassionaly doing wrong, but Gods word paints such a different picture. Using the Law shines the light of Gods Holiness, and the truth of where the sinners stands before a Holy God, and the sinners deseperate need of a savior.

I highly recomend listening to Hells Best Kept Secret, then click next audio, and listen to true and false conversion. Then I recomend Highly, to get the book Revivals Golden Key, this book expands much more on Hells Best Kept Secret. Ray also has and Evangelism School Book you can get, that I have, but havent started, Ill share with you why.

I felt the Lord told me and I'll share this as a warning. Reading, and Learning from other ministers can be very good, and helpful, but it also can be very dangerous and deadly. I felt the Lord lay on my heart that I must first, study His word myself, on the things I am wondering about before going to other biblical literature for awnsers, and heres why. If I first go to the word of God and seek to learn from God himself, the Holy Spirit my teacher, and study to show my self approved before God, I will have a better idea of what God's word teaches on the subject, and the truth. I will have some kind of direction, or conviction of what Gods word teaches on that subject.
Then I am safe to glean off of other biblical literature for confirmation of what i have found. I will now have dicearnment of truth from error, from my studies, and can now carefully read through the biblical literature, taking the meat and spitting out the bones so to speak.
But if i dive into other biblical literature, without first learning by God the truth, through His word, putting in the time and effort, I will have no foundation of what truth is. What i will first assume to be true and anchor my truths from is that biblical literature rather than the word. I will not be able to dicearn truth from error. It is much easier to be led astray this way.

Most of what Ray teaches is true, of what I have read so far, this is just a warning in general to make sure you are studying on your own, i struggle in this area and fight all the time, but it is very important, I hope this helps someone.

Another warning, the approach Ray teaches in one on one evangelism is very effective and a good, foundation of understanding. But be careful that you dont use it as a absoulute in every situation. Let the Spirit of God guide you, every situation is different. God may just want you to drop a seed, in someones life, just asking them one question or something, and walk away, and you may come back later, or someone else in the future, because thats the way God is working on them. We must be careful, not to trust in the method, only God.

Open air preaching is different, it is more methadolical, but the same principal still applies, every crowd and situation different. We must always be led by the spirit, without Him, we are totally ineffective. We need His power, presence, His will in all were doing.

I think tracts are great, and I believe God uses them. He can use anything. I think they are good to get people thinking, begginning of seeds sown.
Ray Comforts tracks are pretty good, they are direct.

Im a fairly new convert, and I'm new in evangelism. But i have a heart that is yearning to preach the gospel. I feel like my spirit is willing and my flesh is weak.
I want to have such a revelation, of where sinners are going, and that I must warn them of the judgement to come, I want to be so moved of this reality and truth I am inspired and moved with godly fear and boldness to preach. I so need this. I believe that my lack of having this is somewhere inside, fear of man, a lack of believing God and His honesty. I feel its really important to meditate on these things, I must picture myself, knowing who i was, where i came from, and where i would be going, if my eyes wouldnt be open, and be motivated by that to warn sinners. But Like i think Paris Reihead said I must do it for Him, that Christ would recieve the reward of His suffering. God has commanded that all men repent for He has appointed a day that He will judge the world in righteousness.
I was thinking one day. If the President came to me, and wanted me to work for him and told me a message that i must declare to all the world, how quick would i be to do it? How much more i thought should i be to The King of the universe, the Savior of my soul?
The gospel is not only needed for the lost out here in CA, in US, but to the sleeping churches of the west.
I praying, for my brothers and sisters, that are laboring. I believe that a lot of things are going to be shaken, God is waking up His people, and John the Baptists are going to be raising up everywhere, Proclaiming prepare Ye the way of the Lord, make straight paths for Him.
This site is evidence that this has begun.
Praise the Lord for the work He is doing.

IF anyone is in my area, please email me
[email protected]

Anyway, May the Lord be with you all who are wanting to preach the gospel, may He grant you all the grace to do what He has called you to do.

Blessings,

Joshua

2005/4/17 23:30Profile

Re:

THANKS JOSHUA!
I got a lot from your reply. I must agree with you, especially here;

Quote:
Another warning, the approach Ray teaches in one on one evangelism is very effective and a good, foundation of understanding. But be careful that you dont use it as a absoulute in every situation. Let the Spirit of God guide you, every situation is different. God may just want you to drop a seed, in someones life, just asking them one question or something, and walk away, and you may come back later, or someone else in the future, because thats the way God is working on them. We must be careful, not to trust in the method, only God.

Thanks for the encouragement and warning it's gratefully received!
In His love, Geraldine

2005/4/18 11:39
AndrewBruce

Blythewood, SC

Re:

Quote:
felt the Lord told me and I'll share this as a warning... If I first go to the word of God and seek to learn from God himself, the Holy Spirit my teacher, and study to show my self approved before God, I will have a better idea of what God's word teaches on the subject, and the truth. I will have some kind of direction, or conviction of what Gods word teaches on that subject.

Very well put Joshua!

I agree completely! I work with a youth group and this is something that has been on my heart too. Because they have friends, teachers, TV, Internet, Hollywood, etc. telling them the world's version of truth. If they start the study of any subject without first seeing what God says about it is a big mistake. I encourage them as you have encouraged us to look to God's word as our basis for truth and nothing else including the words of some men wiser then ourselves. They may be wiser than us but they don't hold a candle to the wisdom found in God's word!

Geraldine,
Please update us on how we can specifically pray for you in your situation. I am praying for you even now but it is always nice to know some detail!

2005/4/18 12:49Profile

Re:

Thank you for your prayers!
Please pray that the Lord will guide me and be with me. I will start off on my own so am feeling a little intimidated and nervous but knowing there are people praying helps.
Also would you pray it would be the Holy Spirt speaking through me, that i would just be the vessal, the mouthpiece.
There have been christians who have tried to quench the fire in my heart and others who like to claim things instead of giving God all the glory. So as i move out on to the mission field let God be my guide and not man. Let God get the glory for what He will do, not man!
In His Love, Geraldine

2005/4/18 13:03
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Mr_Nath

I like Ray Comfort's Evidence Bible too. It doesn't take out words like God, Lord, devil, hell, Jehovah..like the NKJV. Great input.

Blessings,

TR

2005/4/23 23:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy