SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The BOULDER

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

The BOULDER

As I walk along this journey of life, as I progress through the many obstacles along my path I realize something today. For as far as I have come with JESUS, right now there is a very large black boulder sitting in the middle of the road I am on. Its huge, impassable, its jagged, and razor sharp. To climb it would be certain failure, to go around would mean disobeying my JESUS. HE tells me the path is narrow and the road is strait, so I know this is the way I must go. Yet as I look around me all seems hopeless. As I stand here looking at this mountain of rock blocking my way, the sky has grown darker, the winds have picked up, and the storm is beginning to rage. There is a battle going on within, I can feel it pressing on all sides. I know there are only two choices before me. The first choice, I can give in. I can sit down in the middle of the road, feel sorry for myself, allow fear to reign in my heart, despair over how I feel abandoned, focus on the storm, the dark clouds, the dangers, and never move forward with HIM. I can give into the sin in my life, and just say the cost is to great, the boulder is to huge, the risk is to real, I can not go on...

Or I can fall to my knee's cry out to JESUS, repent of the sin of fear, doubt, pride, and wanting control. I can quiet my heart, be still before the LORD and listen...As I do I hear HIS voice, at first its barely a whisper, then as I pray all the more, the winds calm, the dark clouds fade away, the light shines so bright, that I am finally able to see. I open my eyes, the rock is still there, but its changed, a portion of it has been chiseled away, work has been done and a path has been cleared. As I look to JESUS I see in HIS hands, HE holds the hammer, the chisel, and across HIS brow is the sweat from HIS labor. HE is making my path strait, HE is forging the way for me on this narrow road, HE is giving me all that I need to stand again and walk with HIM. The boulder seems smaller now, the power and strength it once held to control me is gone, but as I progress with HIM forward I know there will be many days, weeks, and months ahead just like this one. Days when the obstacles of life, and self seem so huge that I can not even begin to know how to get past them, days when the enemy will send fear, doubt, and darkness to cloud my thoughts, to take the focus off my JESUS. I know there will be moments when I will look to the right and then the left not knowing what to do...and in those moments I will remember as FATHER quickens it to my heart and mind JESUS is all that I could ever need, will ever need, the cost has been paid for, the passage is secure, I have only to follow the KING who leads my way!!!

Just thought I would pass this along to share with some few, be encouraged HE has overcome and reigns!!

God bless
maryjane

2014/6/17 8:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy