Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Astonished Reverence - Tozer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Astonished Reverence - Tozer

Astonished Reverence

Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. Psalm 66:16
In my own being, I could not exist very long as a Christian without the inner consciousness of the presence and nearness of God! I can only keep right by keeping the fear of God on my soul and delighting in the fascinating rapture of worship. I am sorry that the powerful sense of godly fear is a missing quality in churches today.

The fear of God is that “astonished reverence” of which the saintly Faber wrote. I would say that it may grade anywhere from its basic element—the terror of the guilty soul before a holy God—to the fascinated rapture of the worshiping saint.

There are few unqualified things in our lives, but I believe that the reverential fear of God, mixed with love and fascination and astonishment and adoration, is the most enjoyable state and the most purifying emotion the human soul can know. A true fear of God is a beautiful thing, for it is worship, it is love, it is veneration. It is a high moral happiness because God is!

Lord, our world in general has lost any sense of the fear of God. Even some of our churches hold a small view of Your greatness. I pray for a spiritual revival in our country, Lord.

Sent from the Mornings with Tozer, by A. W. Tozer.

For devotionals like this one for your iPhone, visit us at 43rdElement.com

2014/5/30 14:19Profile
HeartSong

Re: Astonished Reverence - Tozer

Oh how edifying! Thank you for posting this dear brother!

2014/5/30 15:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy