SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are Cell Phones Dangerous?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Are Cell Phones Dangerous?

First of all I am not poking fun at Heartsong. But our sister may be raising some valid points about cell phone usage. And maybe other digital divices such as tablets.

Out of respect for her I am opening up this thread for some intelligent discussion on this matter. So please do not mock her or this thread.

All of us including myself use cell phones, smart phones, tablets, etc. Many of us use them for ministry. I have an HTC Max One which is too big to hold to my ear. So I use a wired head set to speak on. I am not worried about the radiation going into my brain. But with my vision I hold the phone close. So I am sure this is not good.

Let us have some wise discussion. But again please no mocking. I would like to know what the dangers may be in cell phone usage.

Someone has spoken about the addiction to cell or smart phones Thus would be a good thread to discuss this on.

The scriptures exhort us to self control in all things. Even our electronic devices.

So is there a wise way we can make our smart phones tools for the kingdom and not toys for our harm?

Bearmaster.

2014/5/30 11:31
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Are Cell Phones Dangerous?

One thing I have thought a lot about is how much information we now put into our brains that we never used to. Most of it is fairly useless info. For example if I hear a song and want to know who sings it I can put the lyrics in Google and find out. We have tons of info at our fingertips that we used to just let drop.

One thing I notice about this is that my attention span is somewhat decreased. It is harder for me to watch a whole movie for example than it used to be. Often something in the movie makes me want to grab my cell phone and check something out.

So there is a question as to whether we are designed to have access to so much info.

I don't put stock in cell phones affecting us by "waves" etc but they may affect us physically by changing the way our brains work. Whether this is good or bad or indifferent is open to discussion.

2014/5/30 12:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

First of all I am not poking fun at Heartsong. But our sister may be raising some valid points about cell phone usage. And maybe other digital divices such as tablets.

Out of respect for her I am opening up this thread for some intelligent discussion on this matter. So please do not mock her or this thread.

Thank you brother for your kindness in doing this and your heart behind starting this thread.

Personally for me I avoided cellphones for 10 years like the plague. I still do not actively use one but have an old broken iphone that I used as an emergency cellphone with the cell signal almost always off. Also I use the iphone to take advantage of the free iMessage txt'ing feature when using it with wifi.

I still do not believe it is wise to have a cellphone always on near your body. Especially for long 2-4 hour conversations near your head. Using a mic and headset or headphones. But cellphones are a great tool for ministry and very cost-effectient for some saints to use.

Wifi also is not healthy overall but we cannot get away from that sadly in my neibourhod there are 4-7 different wifi signals that overlap over our in-law suite home.

2014/5/30 12:55Profile

Re:

Though I endeavor to use my smart phone for ministry such as the prayer calls. I find this divice can be a distraction. If I am praying or listening or reading the word there is the ever present temptation to see who called, sent a text or email.

I have found turning off my smart phone to be helpful as I have time with the Lord. That way there is a check when I physically try to turn the phone back on and uh uh. Time with Jesus first.

There have been some rich times with the Lord that the phone stayed off for hours. Guess what. The universe did not come to a screeching halt.

Bear

2014/5/30 13:09

Re:

There are many great apps where one can listen to the Bible on their smart phone. But the temptation for me is to check my email or text when listening to the Bible through my phone.

I generally use an IBible to listen to the New Testament and turn the phone off. But some time it is good to have the phone turned on playing the word through the house. Very powerful to hear the spoken word.

Bear.

2014/5/30 13:16

Re:

Greg I never thought exposure to WiFi. Again this might be something to think about. Particularly from the EM point of view.

I think there have been reports of people living close to high transmission power lines having health issues. Though the evidence may be inconclusive on this.

Bear.

2014/5/30 13:27
HeartSong

Re:

The effect is cumulative. However, the closer you are to the source of the signal, the more harmful the exposure. The three people that the LORD has shown me all live within 1/2 mile of three cell type towers and one electrical substation. They live in the poor section of town. One is in a wheelchair, one is on oxygen and one is a pastor that keeps getting sicker and sicker. His wife is also having problems.

In Iowa, they erected three cell towers within 1/2 mile of my house. The also put up a wind turbine within 2 miles of my house. The cell towers were located between the wind turbine and my house. Imagine the wake that a small propeller makes in the water. Now imagine the size of the wake that a wind turbine makes in the air. When a signal is pulsed, it becomes more harmful to our body. Wind turbines are giant pulsing machines. The rapidly changing pressure from the blades actually make bats lungs explode.

Here are two reports that I found to be most valuable in learning about the cause and effect of electromagnetic radiation.

Bees, Birds and Mankind Destroying Nature by `Electrosmog. Ulrich Warnke.
http://www.hese-project.org/hese-uk/en/papers/warnke_bbm.pdf

How Susceptible Are Genes to Mobile Phone Radiation?
http://www.icems.eu/docs/howsusceptiblearegenes.pdf

It is on page 30 of the second report that you can read about the variables of radiation exposure.

If you would rather not load pdf's, both reports, along with another, can be found at: http://www.kompetenzinitiative.net/ The only problem is that the website is in German. Look for the the words "Brochure Series" on the right hand side to find the reports in English.

Also here is the link to the other thread where I was bringing forth information that the LORD has provided regarding this issue:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=52437&forum=48&84

2014/5/30 14:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The link below is just for balance. I am not endorsing the website as a whole.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/2153-electromagnetic-hypersensitivity-still-dubious-.html

2014/5/30 15:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Here is another good article for balance. I especially like the very lst paragraph:

http://skeptoid.com/mobile/4072

2014/5/30 15:40Profile
HeartSong

Re:

People keep saying that cell phones are here to stay, but God's word says:

"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." - Matthew 20:17

2014/5/30 16:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy