SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : ALL HE WANTS IS YOUR FAITH by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 ALL HE WANTS IS YOUR FAITH by David Wilkerson

God doesn’t want your home, your car, your furniture, your savings, your possessions. All He wants is your faith—your strong belief in His Word. And that may be the one thing that other, more spiritual-appearing people lack. You may look at another person as being more spiritual than you but that person may actually be struggling hard to keep up an appearance of righteousness. Yet, as God looks at you, He declares, “There is a righteous man or woman.” Why? Because you have admitted your helplessness to become righteous and trusted in the Lord to give you His righteousness.

Paul tells us we are counted as righteous in God’s eyes for the same reason Abraham was. “Therefore it was imputed to [Abraham] for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead” (Romans 4:22-24).

You may claim, “I believe this! I have faith in the God who resurrected Jesus.” Yet, here are some questions for you: Do you believe the Lord can resurrect your troubled marriage? Do you believe He can bring to life a spiritually dead relative? Do you believe He can raise you up out of the pit of a debilitating habit? Do you believe He can erase your cursed past and restore to you all the years that have been wasted?

When everything looks hopeless—when you are in an impossible situation, with no resources and no hope before you—do you believe God will be your Jehovah Jirah, seeing to your need? Do you believe He is committed to keeping His promises to you and that if even one of His words should fail, the heavens would melt and the universe collapse?

“For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55:10-11).

2014/5/29 11:49Profile
leftbehind

Re: ALL HE WANTS IS YOUR FAITH by David Wilkerson

True.

Matthew 22.
"Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free. If we understand our first and sole duty to consist of loving God supremely and loving everyone, even our enemies, for God's dear sake, then we can enjoy spiritual tranquility under every circumstance."
-A.W. Tozer

2014/5/29 21:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy