SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Being a Witness for Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Being a Witness for Christ

" But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” I (Acts 1:8)

Praise God that through the ministry of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and Teacher, every disciple of Jesus Christ is being equipped with everything that we will ever need to live the Christian life and to be His witnesses.

Every believer has a ministry, and has been given one or more gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ.

We are God's ambassadors for Christ, so wherever we go, we represent Him and His kingdom. God has written His laws within our hearts, and He is in the process of making us into living epistles, living testimonies of the goodness and mercy of God.

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit has been given to us to empower us to be witnesses for Jesus Christ, and this witness is not only to tell others about Jesus, but it also to be evident to others in the way that we live. Although we are not perfect and fall short in many areas, we carry the very presence of God within us, and Jesus Christ is wanting to manifest Himself in us and through us to this world.

This morning as I was driving to the store I ran across one of those witnesses that has been involved for many years in this area with a ministry of giving away free bibles to all that request one. His name is Vernon Otten, and he has a trailer that he sets up regularly on the corner of Prien Lake Rd. and Hwy. 14, or on Ryan St. by Walgreens on the old Oldsmobile car lot. Vernon is almost 84 now, and has no thoughts of retirement. Vernon and I have become good friends, and I enjoy sitting with him by his trailer and having fellowship. Vernon is an ambassador for Christ, and is being used by God to sow seeds of the Kingdom that is bringing forth fruit.

If you are ever in the two areas that I described and would like to talk with Vernon, you will be greatly encouraged by this man of God. I just thought that I was encouraging him, but he has so much wisdom to impart, and has been a blessing to me on many different occasions. Although he never mentions financial support, it is always a blessing to him to receive a financial gift to support his ministry, which would help to buy the bibles that he is freely giving away.

I would encourage you to stop and talk to him if you ever come across his path, and thank him for all that he is doing to spread the love of Jesus in our region.

Mike

2014/5/27 15:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Being a Witness for Christ

Quote:
" But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” I (Acts 1:8)

Praise God that through the ministry of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and Teacher, every disciple of Jesus Christ is being equipped with everything that we will ever need to live the Christian life and to be His witnesses.

Every believer has a ministry, and has been given one or more gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ.

We are God's ambassadors for Christ, so wherever we go, we represent Him and His kingdom. God has written His laws within our hearts, and He is in the process of making us into living epistles, living testimonies of the goodness and mercy of God.

Amen dear brother. A very clear and Biblical exhortation towards obedience and the Spirit Baptism.

2014/5/27 15:24Profile

Re: Being a Witness for Christ

Amen Mike,

A man boldly following His calling. I hope and pray I am in that area one day and sit and talk awhile with this dear brother. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is indeed vital in all that we do..........bro Frank

2014/5/27 15:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy