SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Being human is no crime or sin.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Being human is no crime or sin.

God designed us to be totally dependant on Him as our only source. This fact is not sin. Sin is when we kick God off His rightful place of rulership over our lives and replace Him with our own self. Sin is independence from God. Sin is rebellion against God and going our own way.

Please do not misunderstand me. I know that Christ was God in the flesh, but when He was on earth He was 100% human.

Heb 4:15, “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin”

Romans 8:3, “For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:.”

Heb 2:16-18, “For verily He took not on Him the nature of angels; but He took on Him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved Him to be made like unto his brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted.

I have never repented for being human, nor have I ever been convicted for being human.

Do not mistake your being human as sinful.

2005/4/14 11:29
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re: Being human is no crime or sin.

Quote:
Do not mistake your being human as sinful.

I agree, when someone says "I'm only human" after they have sinned I always say something like, "Jesus was human, and he never sinned".

2005/4/14 11:42Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Yeah... I would have to testify that the only times I've heard people claim "I'm only human" was for the purpose of excusing or explaining away their inability to live up to God's standards. Another popular one is "I'm not perfect." I think we need to get our eyes off ourselves, stop sympathizing with our weaknesses, and fix our eyes on God's character and standard.

It is pretty sad that the things that God has made for good, man has taken and... corrupted. God did make us as human beings, not as angels or any other creatures. God originally made humans in His own image. So sad that we would point the finger at God's design as an excuse for our sin. Just echoes from the garden of Eden. We have no excuse (Romans 1:20-21). I suggest you read Romans 1:20-32 for the full context.

2005/4/14 13:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy