SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : festivals in schools

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
coops

festivals in schools

hey theres this organisiation that encourages christian high school students to run a festival in thier school. basically the festivals have things like a free bbq, a live band/music, breakdancers, games, a pannel of entertainers/MCs and some sort of showbags (including an invitation to church youth group).

students get sponsorships from local businesses and the whole day is free.

The Message of the day:
- it is a gift from the Christian students to the whole school
- No matter what is happening, life is excellent with Jesus!
- God thinks that YOU are excellent!

This message is usually announced throughout the course of the day by one of the students to let the whole school know why they are being given free stuff, left, right and centre.

i ran this event in my school for 4 years, and it was a very succesful event.

i have finished school now, and have come across this site, and after listening to many sermons, this day sounds like a humanistic appeal to a salvation no one seems to think they need (the gospel isnt presented), it appears to be mixing the techniques of the world (modern marketing) and the general modern worldview (humanism) to pull together something that doesnt even resemble anything to do with christianity!

now i know i could sound a bit harsh there, but i feel im just being blunt. im in australia the presentation of the gospel is alot easier than doing it in american schools.

the website for the festival is http://www.exoday.com/main.html

im still involved in schools through leadership training and stuff, and they are planning to run exo's. i just wanted to know what you all thought? am i missing something? did i define it right? i am tryinto find my feet about it all so i can decide what to do about it.

2005/4/14 8:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy