SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : NEW: SermonIndex Software For Downloading Sermons!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
wijnand

Re:

How have you fixed it? I am trying to get it working, but it is not working. I see 0 speakers :-(

2014/5/21 2:42Profile
sherebyah

Re:

Dear Brother,

Please try uninstall and re-install the software again. Uninstaller is located in the same folder where you have installed the software.

Please let us know if you see still face issue.

Sherebyah

2014/5/21 9:12Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
How have you fixed it? I am trying to get it working, but it is not working. I see 0 speakers :-(

What operating system are you using? If you are using linux or mac you could get the zip file from User/Sermon_Cache/Temp and unpack the zip in the /Sermon_Cache/ folder. This would be a manual way if it was not working on your system.

2014/5/21 10:41Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

It would be good to know from others how the software is working and what operating system you are using? Who is able to have it loaded well and downloading sermons?

2014/5/21 10:42Profile
sherebyah

Re:

Small correction...

Folder where you can find ZIP file is user/sermonindex_cache/temp and will need to be unpacked in the user/sermonindex_cache folder.

-Sherebyah

2014/5/21 10:53Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

we have updated the installers with a problem many were having this version should work better:

Download Software Installers v1.0:

For Windows:
https://img.sermonindex.net/SermonDownloader-Installer_Win.jar

For Mac:
https://img.sermonindex.net/SermonDownloader-Installer_Mac.jar

(Note: for the Mac version one will need to know terminal and how to navigate with unix to be able to load the software here is help documentation for this: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=52450&forum=21 )

For Linux:
https://img.sermonindex.net/SermonDownloader-Installer_Linux.jar

2014/5/21 16:01Profile

Re: NEW: SermonIndex Software For Downloading Sermons!

works for me. downloaded one Wilkerson sermon to test it. Using windows 8

it did freeze while it was updating "Check For Updates" and I wasn't sure what was wrong until it finished.

also when it defaulted to install in "Program Files" it said something about not being able to install it there (permissions?). So I changed directory to "Libraries\Documents\SermonDownloader" and it worked

plays the sermon I downloaded. best of luck perfecting this software.

Thanks

2014/5/21 17:18
sherebyah

Re:

====
it did freeze while it was updating "Check For Updates" and I wasn't sure what was wrong until it finished.
====

While application updates cache, based on the speed of your internet connection it will take time and you would see it being frozen for that time, which is expected.

When you are running App for the first time there is no need to hit "Check for Updates" explicitly as App will do it for you and you should see message "Applying updates" under the menu bar.

=====
also when it defaulted to install in "Program Files" it said something about not being able to install it there (permissions?). So I changed directory to "Libraries\Documents\SermonDownloader" and it worked
=====

It denied to install under Program Files is because of permission you might have on the PC you are using. If you are not running installer as an Administrator than you are likely to see that message.

2014/5/21 17:45Profile
wijnand

Re:

uninstalled it and then installed the new version. It works now ;-)

2014/5/22 2:49Profile
Benjamin7

Québec, Canada

Re:

Thank you, it now works for me as well.

If I may request a feature for the next version, it would be nice to be able to change the download directory.

2014/5/22 9:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy