SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Something Is Going On - Strange Weather Around The World

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Ginny, I live in Moulton, AL. My next door neighbor has a second home (trying to sell the one next to me) in Louisville, MS. You referenced the Tuscaloosa tornado....that day, tornados swept through my home county about 7 miles north of my neighborhood. People were killed. And, weeks later, I was in Tuscaloosa and saw he decimation first hand. Never will forget it. I went to Gulfport and Pass Christian, MS following Hurricane Katrina with a pastor buddy of mine to take some supplies to some Pentecostal pastors there. My eyes could not really believe what I saw.

In Louisville a few weeks ago, the Wednesday night before the tornado hit, an 8 year old boy gave his life to Christ, my unbelieving neighbor made a point of telling me. His whole family was killed with him in the storm.

I remember the popularity of Third Day's "Cry Out to Jesus" after Katrina. My own thoughts then, and now, are that these storms of such magnitude and destruction can be like God's finger (not saying they ARE) to scrape back all the things that we forge attachment to and dependence on. They can unveil our own helplessness that is the real us minus God. It is in these storms that Christ is magnified by His people greatly as they point to Him.

I do not know the reasons for storms or destruction. I don't contend that God executes judgment in any particular storm. Yet, they do reveal much about us before Him. In that sense, they do have a judging effect for which, as believers, we can be thankful and humbled by at the same time.

2014/5/20 9:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Ginnyrose and TMK

Ginnyrose: thank you for sharing your thoughts here with us. I appreciate hearing what you had to say. Of course GOD does use these things and sadly you are right many go right on living for self never seeking HIM. My sister said to me the other day(we were speaking about my mother) she said, "I just don't know what its going to take to get her to reach that point in her life where there is no where left to turn to but JESUS."

TMK: I just wanted to write and say that I don't think you a jerk or an infidel because you express your opinion. :) I appreciate you sharing what the LORD is showing you. In this case I do not agree with your statement that the title was not true, to a good many people all around the world(both saved and unsaved) the current weather systems that are happening are unusual in both their severity, duration, and frequency. If you live through a one hundred year flood that happens three times in one winter, believe me that is unusual. If a super storm slams into the east coast less then a few hundred miles from your house with such severity that even the experts are not sure what to call it, that too is unusual. I am not saying JESUS is coming back tomorrow or next week or even next year but HE is coming and we are called to live like it will be in the next minute :) So for me if a strange weather pattern gets people looking to JESUS and thinking about eternity then praise GOD!

God bless
mj

2014/5/20 10:00Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Quote:"God is no longer in control of the weather. Man is."
God will always be in control of the weather. Every atom of the universe is in His control. He is transcendent. To think of God otherwise is to make a God after your own image.

2014/5/20 13:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi MJ--

Thank you for your kind words.

And I really hate to be a stickler on this topic, but I must insist that nothing strange is going on with the weather.

What had changed is that we have more "weather awareness" than ever before. Think of all the massive tornadoes that must have tore through the south and Midwest when only the plains, trees and animals were there to witness them.

I have a concern for the truth on topics like this. It is not enough to simply say that one perceives that the weather is getting worse. What matters is whether it truly is.

Like I said in my first post on page one of this thread there have been massive weather and earthquake and meteor events in long ago past that would make today's weather pale in comparison.

Weather patterns are cyclic. We have heavy hurricane years and light years etc. earthquakes happen when fault lines are strained.

We may be living very close in time to the Lords return and we may not be. But I don't think we can say with any sense of accuracy and context that the weather is getting worse and therefore the end is near. That is because the weather isn't getting worse at least when you step back and look at it in the context of history.

2014/5/20 14:30Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

2 Peter 3:3,4
"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."
We are absolutely living in the last days. And those that keep close to Jesus in prayer know it. He could come back at any moment.

2014/5/20 14:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Drifter-

If you think I am a scoffer simply because I am telling the truth, then that is rather uncharitable of you.

By the way, Peter and Paul and John thought that THEY were living in the end times. And they were apostles for heavens sake.

2014/5/20 15:43Profile
HeartSong

Re:

There is actually something going on that is even more sinister than weather manipulation. There is a tsunami of sorts going on in our very homes. Technology has advanced to point that it is not difficult for someone outside of our homes to manipulate everything electronically within our homes - creating a tsunami of electromagnetic waves that are very harmful to our health. Our entire bodies run on tiny electromagnetic pulses sent to and from our brains, different parts of our bodies react to different frequencies. There are certain frequencies that are very destructive.

Of course, our cell phones are designed to send and receive radio frequencies. Actually, everything wireless is designed to send and receive frequencies. It is not a difficult thing for someone that has the know how to send a specific frequency through your cell phone, and you would not even know it because audible frequencies occupy a very small range of the frequency spectrum. There is a reason why our brains are "fuzzy," and we have trouble remembering things. There is a reason why so many of us are sick and dying.

2014/5/20 23:35Profile
brothagary

Re:

who has got a fuzzy brain and forgetfulness ,,,,scince i gave up marajiwana after 25 years of being on cloud nine ,,,my memoery is great and clarity is such a blessing ,,,,maby brother you may have another issue if you are not feeling well in that way

2014/5/21 4:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I don't know, Heartsong- that's a little too "woo woo" for me.

2014/5/21 6:13Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote:

Sister the reason is the fall; the curse; sin we inherited from Adam.

If you look back to reports from 100 - 200 years ago there was far more sickness and people died on average much younger than today. Read Brianerd, Edwards, Whitfield, etc. Life expectancy is higher now than in previous generations (excepting pre-flood times)!

2014/5/21 9:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy