SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Catholics flock to see tomb of Pope

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Catholics flock to see tomb of Pope

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

CATHOLICS praying for miracles were joined by curious tourists today as thousands of people queued for hours to file past the tomb of Pope John Paul II.

Many people began queuing from 4am to be first in line to pray at the simple white marble tomb as it went on display in the grottoes beneath St Peter’s Basilica in Rome.

Many Roman Catholics believe John Paul, who died on April 2 aged 84, was a saint.

"I’m hoping maybe for a little miracle," said American Myrna Palmer, 67. "I’m praying to him that my husband gets his eyesight back."

Angelo de Tommaso, a 30-year-old accountant who travelled overnight by bus from southern Italy to be among the first in line, added: "We are Catholics, and we had to see the Pope one last time."

Pilgrims knelt before the grave to pray, and many handed religious articles to an usher, who touched them against the grave before handing them back. Ushers kept the crowd moving quickly, even hurrying some people who knelt in prayer.

2005/4/13 19:45Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Catholics flock to see tomb of Pope

Quote:
"I’m hoping maybe for a little miracle," said American Myrna Palmer, 67. "I’m praying to him that my husband gets his eyesight back."

wow, that's crazy...

2005/4/15 0:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy