Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Happy Mother's Day

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day: From Proverbs 31:

A wife of noble characterc who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”

2014/5/11 7:29Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Happy Mother's Day

Though for many years I was not respectful or thankful, today I am very grateful for a godly mother;

Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching, (Proverbs 1:8)

Even a king should stoop when his mother enters the room;

So Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him on behalf of Adonijah. And the king rose to meet her and bowed down to her. Then he sat on his throne and had a seat brought for the king's mother, and she sat on his right. (1 Kings 2:19)

In Christ,

Ron

2014/5/11 11:06Profile
mama27

Re:

Your testimony encourages me, Ron. It is my first Mother's Day without my mom and my aunt. I had to be gone from home today b/c the pain of my children's disrespect for me the other 364 days of the year is too great. Your story gives me hope....Over the years I have expressed to my mother my regret for pain I caused her, and it was only when my own children became bitter and pushing against our raising of them that I really understood.....I wrote that to her in my Mother's Day card last year to her, only it was too late as Alzheimers had taken over her thinking....if only we were quicker learners.....thanks for sharing...

2014/5/11 20:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mama,

The devil will work on our weakest parts to get us to give up. For moms it is their children. We have birthed them (in pain), gave up lots of sleep to tend to their comforts; bandaged their hurts; dried their tears; cooked and cooked for them; laundered their dirty clothes; kept a neat home and showed them in many ways how we loved them but they do not appreciate. When we remember we are doing this all for Jesus - serving Him through our children - it lessens the pain of unthankfulness considerably. Or, did we do it to feed our pride? Hmmmm. Opps! We have done this, too. SIGH. "LORD, have mercy - enable us to do it righteously as unto you. Amen."

It has been 23 years since we first felt the rejection from any of our children. Now, we are seeing God working and I sense He is using the women they married to bring it about. Wait on the LORD....this is the only place where one finds rest and peace. God is more interested in their spiritual welfare then we can ever be. (Yet, I sometimes wonder why God ever made man when he can inflict such dreadful pain on another human being. I usually conclude there must be something so great yet to be experienced that defies description.)

God bless you, mama.

Sandra

2014/5/12 14:44Profile
mama27

Re:

Thanks, Sandra....you are so right.....we need staying power, don't we? I have known some awful hurts in my life, but this tops them all. Still, nothing compared to what Christ endured on my behalf, and He w/o fault. I honestly think I am past the point of pride. I know they are His project, and He will get themm to where they need to be. We started our family late (not by choice) so I only hope to live long enough to see His working :) Thank you for your caring thru these hard years....

2014/5/12 17:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy