SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Lucifer's role as the "light" bearer.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Lucifer's role as the "light" bearer.

I originally posted this in [url="https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5189&forum=35#37428"]My views changing about the war in heaven[/url], however I have decided to post it on it's own, for consideration. Bear in mind that these are only seed thoughts, from reflections on Genesis 1:1-3, and recent studies on John 3. There are widespread implications, that I haven't gone into here, however I welcome, and would appreciate any comments. (Please don't stone me, it might be that I've failed in clarification:-)).

Quote:

Gen 1:1-4 (KJV)
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
(3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
(4) And God saw the light, that it was good: And God divided the light from the darkness: and God divided the light from the darkness.

"..God created.." - God firstly created a sepatation between Himself and His creation.

"..the heaven and the earth." - God divided the creation into heaven and earth.

"..darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face.." - Earth was dark on it's face. God dwelt over the face of the earth as the Holy Spirit (note: God is light)
Distinction made between spiritual light, and physical and spiritual darkness.

"..God said, Let there be light.." - Who delivered the light at God's command? Is it a coincidence that "Lucifer" means "light bearer"? (Note: I'm not suggesting that Lucifer is the light, or that Satan is good)

"..God divided the light from the darkness." - by the apearance of "light" in the world, God divided what was physical and spiritual darkness, into physical light, and darkness.

This means that there are two sources of light. The Holy Spirit (spiritual light, that walks "not by sight"), and physical light. (Note: Physical light isn't evil, it is good. - "..And God saw the light, that it was good..").

The implication here is that Lucifer serves a purpose in the Kingdom of God, by presenting us with a choice, of which we should choose to "walk by faith, and not by sight". Note also that the "light" that appeared at God's command, preceded the "light source" (Gen 1:16-18).

Now skip forward to the garden. Here the choice between spiritual light (life) and physical light (knowledge of good and evil) takes on physical form, as two trees. Now Lucifer comes in the form of a serpent to attempt to guide man to his light.
Here's where the whole thing gets tricky, in that if this is true than Lucifer would have been amoral, until Eve succumbed to his temptation, at which point he became the "god of this world".

If this is the case, then the point isn't one of satan being cast out of heaven, but one of him being dethroned as the "prince of the powers of the air".

Another potential implication of these conclusions is that our glorifying resulting in our replacement of satanic powers, that reflect God's glory on earth (spiritual light), rather than breeding humanistic rebellion in man kind (physical light). In this senario, we are the "ten thousands of saints" that Enoch saw coming with the Lord (Jude 14). Maybe this is "ruling and reigning with Jesus".

2005/4/13 5:34Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Lucifer's role as the "light" bearer.

Quote:
"..God said, Let there be light.." - Who delivered the light at God's command? Is it a coincidence that "Lucifer" means "light bearer"? (Note: I'm not suggesting that Lucifer is the light, or that Satan is good)

I don't think that Lucifer was the one to turn the lights on upon God's command but rather Christ did through the holy Spirit. I think his role was different, I'm not sure as to how though.

2005/4/14 0:46Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Types of Light

Quote:

IRONMAN wrote:
I don't think that Lucifer was the one to turn the lights on upon God's command but rather Christ did through the holy Spirit. I think his role was different, I'm not sure as to how though.

I'm not claiming that Lucifer "turned on" ar "created" the light, but that he was God's appointed means of bringing a "certain type of light" into the world. This is like a person receiving a car part from FedEx. The part was "made" by the maufacturer, "sold" by the retailer, [b]"delivered"[/b] by FedEx to the customer. In this illustration (bearing in mind that all illustrations break down at a point) God is the manufacturer, the world is the customer, and Lucifer is FedEx (no conspiratory connotations intended :-)).

The basis of my asertions are the existance of three types of light: physical, moral, and spiritual. Realise that light appeared before creating the source of "physical" light, the sun. Spiritual light (Christ's light through the Holy Spirit) existed before the "light appeared" because the Holy Spirit "hovered over the face of the deep", and Holy Spirit (God) is light. That leaves "moral" light, as represented by the tree of the "knowledge of good and evil". Note that there is nothing wrong with "knowing good and evil" in itself, only the source of acquistion. God intended that it be given by Him personally, rather than grasped by exertion from a tree.

I am presenting the possibility that the light the passage is refering to, is moral light. Note that the light was "good", as it is good to know what is good and evil. The only issue is the source (or bringer) of the light.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

2005/4/14 8:45Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

CJaKfOrEsT

OHHHH now I see. :) lol FEDEX

2005/4/15 0:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy