SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : WHEN YOU HEAR THE ROAR OF THE LION by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 WHEN YOU HEAR THE ROAR OF THE LION by David Wilkerson

When I was a young preacher, I didn’t give much thought to spiritual warfare. I thought anyone who walked in victory shouldn’t have any problems at all against the devil. To me, it was simply a matter of resisting him. But soon I found a roaring lion pouncing on my weaknesses with all his might and I felt helpless to do battle with him.

All too often I see the devil doing the same thing to other sincere Christians. I know multitudes of godly servants—people pure in heart, walking in grace—overwhelmed by demonic floods of confusion and despair.

Such Christians can labor diligently for the Lord for years. Then, one day, Satan suddenly injects accusing thoughts into their minds. Overnight they are overcome with awful troubles—unexpected temptations, covetousness, depression. Their trials are so deep, strange and mysterious that these saints have no idea where they came from.

I believe there is only one explanation: Their troubles are a demonic onslaught. Time after time I have seen this happen to Christians who are growing by leaps and bounds. At the very peak of their spiritual growth, Satan puts an old seduction in their path. It may be an old lust, something they thought they had overcome years before. But now, after years of living in victory, they’re walking a tightrope, teetering on the brink of an indulgence that could lead them back into terrible bondage.

I have experienced this flood. And multitudes of believers are being caught up in it right now. They’re being flooded with persecutions, physical attacks, mental harassment, fiery temptations out of hell, friends turning against them as enemies. Satan has aimed an all-out, last-days assault meant to sweep us away in utter despair.

How do we resist Satan’s power? John gives us the answer in Revelation 12: “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony” (verse 11). When you hear the roar of the lion—when the flood crashes in and you're overwhelmed—simply run to the holy of holies. By faith, enter into the very presence of God on His throne because the Lamb has made a way for you, through His blood.

“Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh” (Hebrews 10:19-20).

2014/5/2 11:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy