SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Church of Wells Discerning - The Church of Wells Website

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I hope that makes sense?

Yes dear brother, I agree that is my concern, sure it is not good they are using godly preachers to have authority over others, but that is just one way and problem that they use to be able to teach their doctrines to control people with their very narrowed thinking.

I made your suggestion to the website brother.

2014/5/1 15:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
"See! We are being persecuted and only true Christians get persecuted" and they will justify even more their hardness of heart and rejection of everyone.

Good point...perhaps giving them any sort of attention is not a good idea then? If rebuking a fool does not bring him to repentance (if anything makes him worse)...could this inflame the situation even more? And another thing, I read somewhere that they were talking about "fiery persecution" and getting ready to die? Praying that the website people will move forward with extreme caution...

As brother Greg said, lets pray for these people and all affected...the battle is against spiritual forces, not flesh and blood.

2014/5/1 16:11
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Here is what proverbs has to say about instruction to foolish people:

Proverbs 14:7
Go from the presence of a foolish man, When you do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge.

Proverbs 17:10
Rebuke is more effective for a wise man Than a hundred blows on a fool.

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Proverbs 26:4-5
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Proverbs 29:9
If a wise man contends with a foolish man, Whether the fool rages or laughs, there is no peace.

2014/5/1 16:22Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
the problem is if you young daughter or other child were involved in the group and turned your child against you in the name of the Bible and Scripture.

This is precisely the point. I have two small children, and my wife and I seek to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. I know a younger sister in CoW who is married to one of the elders, and I know that her father (one of the most godliest men I have ever known) raised her the same way I am raising my children. They are estranged now, as far as I know, cut off and separated - and not by her father's choice. This obviously hits very close to home for me.

Cultistic brainwashing is real, and it can happen to anyone. It can take our children. It is not relegated to Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons and Islam; it is a present danger right here as well under the umbrella of so-called Christian evangelicalism. Fractured families are left in the wake; a needless loss of a baby's life; utter alienation of anything unlike them and accusations of heresy publicized against several time-honored and Holy Spirit-authenticated men of God.

I am vocally against them because I care for the sister I mentioned, as well as her family. If something like this can take a daughter away from a man like her dad, it can happen to anyone of us here on SermonIndex who seek to raise their children in the paths of righteousness. Satan can come as a angel of light as much as he can come as a drug dealer. It all depends on the scenario. The Word of God, in the wrong hands, can be a murderous straight razor.

2014/5/1 16:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Paul, I know of whom you speak...I am a friend on FB of this young mother and her husband. I have wondered many times what I should do about this: do I defriend them? His posts are OK, nothing unbiblical about them. Surely there are others here who are friends with them or were. How does one deal with it? I am at a loss - maybe the Holy Spirit is telling me to do nothing at the moment? hmmmmm

In any case I feel so sad for this young woman's family....I know they must be hurting dreadfully...and I have a problem believing this young mom is content...or, maybe I do not know her well? My imagination can run wild..

2014/5/2 22:36Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I'm friends with her on FB too, Sandra. I will not defriend or even block her, even though I'm pretty sure most all the posting activity is done by her husband. To defriend her would be like giving up on her, like turning my back. When I think of her I always think of her father and put myself in his shoes. I would not want someone to turn their back on or defriend my daughter if she found herself in a similar situation. I do not believe in shunning, no matter what the crime. Jesus never shuns or unfriends, so we ought to never either. She needs prayer, compassion, patience, hope - nothing is beyond the Lord.

In fact, she is probably reading this, and she needs to know that we love her and are praying for her. Her husband is her head and we must leave it at that. We must give God the time and season to work, if He intends to alter the situation through our prayers. This goes for everyone who has lost friends, loved ones and children to this group.

2014/5/3 9:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In fact, she is probably reading this, and she needs to know that we love her and are praying for her. Her husband is her head and we must leave it at that. We must give God the time and season to work, if He intends to alter the situation through our prayers. This goes for everyone who has lost friends, loved ones and children to this group.

Amen brother. I have prayed many times for this sister, it breaks my heart to even think of it. God knows.

2014/5/3 11:33Profile
mama27

Re:

I am praying as well.....

2014/5/3 12:54Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Here's ABC Nightline anchor Dan Harris trying to get some questions answered by a few members. The spirit I see here is "sketchy" to me; for one fruit I don't see is humility in where all the other virtues spring from. Where is the transparency of these "believers"? I don't see it. I've met many unbelievers that are far more transparent than those 2 that Dan Harris tried to interview; and any religious professor that isn't transparent is a religious professor that I walk away from. At the same time, if not for the grace of God, I'd be worse than the whole church of Wells combined together. I find this frightening indeed.

Here's the short 10 min ABC Nightline vid on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGBhxF_XpZI

2014/5/3 23:43Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I just wanted to mention that the devil is a religious spirit.

Also, pride is so "custom" to the western way of thinking, and so inbreded in the human heart, and so hardly discernable, that one can have "all" knowledge of Scripture, but if the axe isn't taken to the root of pride in one's heart, woe be unto the "religious" him or her.

I'm going to listen again to Sean's testimony that was sent to me a few years back from a woman (I will not mention her name) that I had the privilege of writing to for some "Godly Books". And I do recall her saying that "Keith Daniel", at that time, endorsed this man's ministry. In saying that, I have, and still have the utmost respect for Keith Daniel, and that of this woman, and her family. They have both been a great blessing to me; but I don't respect them for what they have done for me, but what they have done for the cause of Christ, by their constant watching over their own hearts, and praying that God keep them low in their own eyes. At the same time, it is God that works and wills in them according to His good pleasure, and no man or woman can boast, for all our righteousness is of filthy rags in the sight of God; and it is one thing to know this doctrinally, but quite another to know it from experience. For the Lord disciplines every child He loves.

The apostle Paul was mightily used of God, but he was also fearful of the Lord. God's eyes are everywhere, and sees in the dark as well as in the light, yea, into the very corners of the hearts of men and women. He knows each soul better than they know themselves. Paul, as well as the other apostles and prophets got the Word through revelation, and wrote it down; we, on the other hand, mostly, first off, receive it in Word, and then if it pleases the sovereign Lord to grant it, by revelation later, hence, the parable of the seed and the sower, etc, etc.

It is so easy to fall into pride beloved. Oh, take EVERY thought captive to the obedience of Christ, but how few heed the exhortation! Pride is a sin that is easy to disern in others rather than ourselves; but it is always there, lying dormant, waiting to erupt like a sleeping volcano of fire. Hence many Scriptures, but this one stands out to me constantly (paraphrasing), "Unless you become like this little child, you will in no way enter into the kingdom of heaven", said Christ (to that effect)... and truly, I think many agree with that, because it is written in the Scriptures; but if they really believed the words of Christ, like that solemn verse, it would scare the "wits" out of them, and send them to their faces all the days of their lives, to and beyond the time, the love of God is shed abroad in their hearts.

Anyway, I'm off to listen to Sean's testimony, for it has been a few years since I have done so. It is good to be like the apostles and say, "Lord, is it I", when we read Paul's other exhoration - "Examine yourselves to see if you be in the faith". God knows the beginning from the end, I do not; but, those whom are faithful UNTIL THE END shall be saved; therefore, It does not say, "Those that are faithful for a while, or a long while, shall be saved"... And we know that the word "saved" is so flippantly used in western christendom, that many that say they are saved, are not, and don't even have a clue what it means, because mostly do not fear the Lord, nor fear their own hearts, but rather get caught up in many other distractions, and forget to daily walk in the fear of the Lord, and forget that without Him they can do nothing.

God help us to be honest with our own present condition. Fruit grows in the good ground of sincerity and truth, after much plowing and watering, and God alone making it increase.... and increasing for His Glory alone, not our own glory.

2014/5/4 0:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy