SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Am I wrong

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: Am I wrong

Quote:
I am 62. In pretty fair health. Believe it or never married. This bachelor lifestyle is getting pretty lonely. Am I wrong to ask God for a wife, even at my age?

I know these are the end times. I know Paul says it is wise fir a man to remain unmarried in such times. But also God says it is good for a man to not be alone.

So I ask God for a help mate. A partner in ministry. So am wrong to ask such?

Blaine

Blaine, I am 64, and single after my unsaved ex desired his freedom 10 years ago,and would love to have the companionship of a man whether that would lead to marriage or not, but the thing that gets me is, that no man has shown an interest in having such a relationship with me. It is always along the lines of sex, either in or out of marriage. I am assessed on these grounds and hear no more from him if he decides neither is on the books when he finds out my age as I look much younger. I have found that men in this age group look for a younger woman maybe even 10-15 years younger as they feel they can be more choosy as there are more women available than men. So we are getting to about 75-80 year olds interested in me and I don't really want to be doing care in the community :)

I am happy on my own but would love to have a man to be friends with. Why don't you just seek this? (not all women are on the prowl for a husband, though you can't blame them as a single aging woman tends to be classed as a non entity in this mans world)and just see how things go, either way as the Lord leads.

I think that it is a terrible thing to seek marriage just for sex and I am sure that it is a put off if a woman found this out. Marriage to be successful must first of all be a joining of two soul mates.

I have given up on finding a man who will first of all be a brother in Christ. I am not saying this is you but just my experience.

2014/4/24 2:58
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
krautfrau....I have found that men in this age group look for a younger woman maybe even 10-15 years younger as they feel they can be more choosy as there are more women available than men.

It's not just men, the last two women that I have been introduced to were in their middle/late 40's, and they just loved me, and it's sure was not for my money, or my home, I live in a travel trailer. I was told by both of them, that they just like older men, that they just seem to get along better with older guys. I still see one for coffee, lunch and movies, the other one was 47 going on 27, had to shake her. Both of them have really taken care of themselves, and like you, they did not look a day over 40. I still feel the 46 year old I am seeing is a little young, I will be 63 in a few months, I have a daughter 40, but I will just keep it in prayer.

2014/4/24 9:21Profile
rnieman

Re: Am I wrong

Yes it absolutely fine to ask God for a wife at your age.

Missionary Adoniram Judson had 3 wives after the first 2 died, he was 58 when he married his 3rd.

Adoniram Judson, Jr.
Born: 1788

Spouse(s)
Ann Hasseltine, 1812–26 (her death)
Sarah Hall Boardman, 1834–45 (her death)
Emily Chubbuck, 1846–50 (his death)

2014/4/24 15:34Profile
savannah

Re: 60 something

I'm attending a wedding in a couple of weeks. The man who is getting married for the first time in his life is 62 years of age. He is also a pastor of a church. He is marrying a woman in her 40's.

I am also very close friends with a couple who are newlyweds. He is 74. His first two wives died. She is nearly 60. Every time I see them they're just like teenagers in love. They are not very different from two others who just got married,whose marriage I recently attended. These two were 19 & 21.

May God's blessing continue to abide upon these who have become one. And if God be pleased to bless any here with a wife or husband who are reading this thread, may it be cause for us all to rejoice with them.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

2014/4/24 17:30Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Something to consider was Hannahs prayer and petition wrong ?

If it be not wrong to petition the Lord for a child than I would conclude it not wrong to petition for a wife.

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

2014/4/24 18:37Profile

Re:

Dear Saints,

Thank you for those of you who have posted on this thread regarding this personal issue of a wife. I have read your posts and take them to heart. For sure I am praying about this and putting the matter of a future bride in His hands.

Should God bring somebody into my life I will joyfully share it with the SI family.

My love to you all or y`all as we say in Arkie land.:)

Blaine

2014/4/28 12:55
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Blaine,

You will only be happy and fulfilled being in the Lord's perfect will. So why not just ask the Lord for His will to be done in this matter. If it is God's will, then he has the best for you.

My wife and I are in our 60's and we have good friends that married late in life, and they are very spiritual people and have wonderful marriages.

On the other hand, anyone that marries because they are lonely without seeking the Lord is just asking for trouble.

Mike

2014/4/28 13:29Profile

Re:

For sure Mike, am before the Lord seeking His best.

Blaine

2014/4/28 14:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy