SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Two wolves

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Two wolves

An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil—he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good—he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too.” The grandson thought about it for a long minute, and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?” The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Such a simple story and yet I can see what the LORD is showing me so clearly in this. Wonderful spiritual application...

God bless
mj

2014/4/21 8:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Two wolves

Praise God. Wonderful truth sister. Thank you.

2014/4/21 11:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I actually have this in the graphics version, it speaks a lot of truth. The graphics version calls it an old Cherokee proverb.

2014/4/21 14:01Profile

Re:

I heard a similar story but told this way. A preacher was trying to illustrate the struggle between the flesh and the Spirit. So he talked about his two dogs. One was black the other white. The preacher said if I feed the black dog but not the white dog. The black dog will whup up on the white dog. But if I feed the white dog but not the black dog the white dog will whup up on the black dog.

While not theological sophisticated does get the point across. Feed the Spirit with the Word of God you overcome the flesh.

Bear

2014/4/21 14:12

Re:

I heard a similar story but told this way. A preacher was trying to illustrate the struggle between the flesh and the Spirit. So he talked about his two dogs. One was black the other white. The preacher said if I feed the black dog but not the white dog. The black dog will whup up on the white dog. But if I feed the white dog but not the black dog the white dog will whup up on the black dog.

While not theological sophisticated does get the point across. Feed the Spirit with the Word of God you overcome the flesh.

Bear

2014/4/21 14:12
proudpapa

Re:

For people struggling with habitual sin desireing to be set free I would recommend this message :
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=52120&forum=34&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1

2014/4/21 14:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy