SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : What would you share (with a dying Catholic)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

What would you share (with a dying Catholic)

If you knew someone who was told they have between three and six months left to live because of cancer, knowing this person has been a part of the Roman Catholic church what would you share with them? Knowing they have religious knowledge of JESUS what does one say and share?

Of course I am praying about this and for this person.

God bless
maryjane

Edit: I changed the title as was suggested to me for more clarity. God bless

2014/4/15 13:35Profile

Re: What would you share

It is never an easy thing to share with someone who has in essence been presented with the centrality of the gospel and has for all that followed the traditions of men. This is where the majority of Roman Catholics appear to be in their thinking.

I spent a few hours some years ago with a pastor who's relative was dying of cancer and who was involved in a cult situation, where the centrality of the gospel was evident, but where the members were held captive by traditions. There were probably more than twenty people praying for this man and witnessing to him daily. By the time I was made aware of these things, pretty well everyone was desperate and deeply concerned.

As I listened to this account I found myself wondering what it could be that was keeping this man from actually crying out to the Lord to save him. After a while I decided that in a circumstance where the centrality of the gospel had been with a man for many years, then the explanation could not possibly be either his own ignorance, or the failure of others to faithfully pray for him.

I decided to share with this pastor along the lines that it was Satan who was keeping this man from actually exercising faith to believe and that the answer lay in standing against Satan, rather than trying to wrestle the man into obedience. So we prayed as the Spirit led us to pray. The pastor was worn out and could hardly pray, but I was keen to prove the power of the gospel and so I prayed against the lies which this dying man had received over many years, particularly those relating to his particular cult. I was so confident that in a circumstance where a person had enough central understanding of the Lord's birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension that there was already in his thinking sufficient for life if these things were truly believed.

So I reasoned to myself that if this man was not openly against Christ, and was in any event entering death, what could possibly keep him from the love of God and true salvation in Christ? The only thing, I reasoned, were the lies of the devil. So we bound those lies, asked the Lord to lay waste to them in this man's thinking and to free him from the power of the enemy through his lies. Three days later he believed and confessed a living faith in Christ. It turned out that this was just a few hours before he died.

In the case of Roman Catholics I take the same position. It seems to me that to miss that which is sound in the Roman church, namely the central and necessary things, due to an offence of those things which make ruin of them, is to miss who the enemy really is. It may well be that we must speak of those central and necessary things, but we must first stand against the one whose lies were sown for the single purpose of making ruin of those wonderful truths, which are already in the minds of those who would otherwise believe the truth to a good effect. It is the lies which bind the mind, and it is the lies that we must ask the Lord to destroy in the minds of those who are bound by them.

2014/4/16 6:53
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Thank you for sharing this here with me. I have been praying for this person to see beyond the lies of the RCC before it is to late. Its always so hard to share with someone who has "some knowledge" of truth and yet is deceived as many in the Catholic church are. Knowing someones time here is short makes it all the more difficult for me to know how and what to speak with them. On the one hand I fear saying nothing at all, on the other if I should open my mouth to speak and say the wrong things I might send them deeper into the lies and away from GOD. Perhaps though I am over thinking this all? After all I must remember its does not come down to me or depend on me, the person is in JESUS hands and I trust the LORD completely.
I do thank you for sharing your experience and heart here with me. I myself was raised as a Catholic and did not come to truly encounter JESUS, repent of my sins, and submit unto to HIM until I was already an adult. For me it was a matter of seeing and truly coming to understand that I could never be good enough and that I could never earn my way into Heaven. I had to come to the end of myself and realize that there was nothing good in me that could earn that gift that has been so mercifully given to me, the gift of salvation. Now living my life in HIM I realize there is so much more to my relationship with the LORD then the "traditions" I was taught growing up. Of course I realize that does not mean this persons issues are the same as mine were. I will move forward and pray as you suggested, thank you again.

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/16 8:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Is it possible this person is saved? Some in the RC church are saved. Does she exhibit the fruits of the Spirit?

I guess you have to try to figure out where she is placing her trust--- in Jesus or the RC church?

Also, many Catholics do not know that the term "born again" is in the bible much less that Jesus said it. I know this because when my wife who was raised catholic began attending church with me her relatives asked if she was one of those "born agains". They think that is a Protestant invention. I would point out in John 3 where Jesus says this.

2014/4/16 8:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

***deleted double post

2014/4/16 8:15Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by TMK on 2014/4/16 5:15:09

Is it possible this person is saved? Some in the RC church are saved. Does she exhibit the fruits of the Spirit?

Greetings TMK

In praying about how to respond to this question I have to ask this: Is it possible for a person who is saved, who has had a genuine encounter with JESUS, been filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, repented of their sins and turned from them to then go back and continue sinning against GOD? I think the BIBLE clearly gives us that answer. Since continuing to take part in and supporting the teaching, traditions, and pagan beliefs of the RCC would be sin I can not find any other answer then to say this person has clung to the RCC and not to JESUS alone. So with this in mind I am seeking to share truth with them before it is to late and they pass from this world.

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/17 9:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi MJ

Are you of the opinion that no RC who has ever lived was or is saved?

I am not picking on you just curious.

Are there specific pagan practices that you are referencing?

2014/4/17 13:50Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by TMK on 2014/4/17 10:50:31

Hi MJ

Are you of the opinion that no RC who has ever lived was or is saved?

I am not picking on you just curious.

Are there specific pagan practices that you are referencing?

Greetings TMK

To answer your first question, No that is not what I believe. I myself was raised as a Roman Catholic. I stated and do believe that if someone has had an encounter with JESUS, been filled with the HOLY SPIRIT and repented of their sins they would not go back to sinning against GOD. They would seek to submit to HIM alone and make HIM LORD of their life. The RCC is a false religion, every bit as much as the Mormon church or Jehovah witnesses are. SO my response is yes people who practice the CATHOLIC faith can and are saved all the time but after coming to the cross and JESUS they would come out of such a dead religion not continue on with its practices and traditions. They would turn and flee from their sin, in this case their sin of following a false teaching other then the gospel of JESUS.

To answer your second question. RCC pray for the dead. They pray to the dead. They believe when they take communion they are actually eating JESUS flesh and drinking HIS blood. Here are three traditions that they follow whose roots can be traced back to the pagan religions of the time when Constantine forced everyone to become christian. There veneration of Mary and their worship of her is another example.

I do not feel as if you are picking on me.:) No worries. I understand your questions there are many today who do not know or understand just how controlling and deadly the teaching in the RCC is. They think because Catholic profess to follow JESUS that they are saved but the truth is they do not follow JESUS alone, their faith and religious traditions are based in false teachings. That is why I am praying and seeking GOD for this person. I pray they will see their need for JESUS before it is to late. I pray they will see that no religion can save them and that GOD will never accept a divided heart.

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/17 14:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi MJ

I guess I should have been more specific and ask whether a practicing RC can be truly saved but you appear to have answered that question.

It should be noted that Martin Luther believed in and defended transubstantiation; he also believed in the immaculate conception and that Mary was sinless and was a perpetual virgin. He also believed that infant baptism removed sins.

I have little doubt that most evangelicals would say that Martin Luther was truly saved. He put his faith in Jesus Christ as do many Catholics.

I am not defending RC, believe me. But I do believe there are saved people who remain in the RC church.

2014/4/17 16:22Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by TMK on 2014/4/17 13:22:07

Hi MJ

I guess I should have been more specific and ask whether a practicing RC can be truly saved but you appear to have answered that question.

It should be noted that Martin Luther believed in and defended transubstantiation; he also believed in the immaculate conception and that Mary was sinless and was a perpetual virgin. He also believed that infant baptism removed sins.

I have little doubt that most evangelicals would say that Martin Luther was truly saved. He put his faith in Jesus Christ as do many Catholics.

I am not defending RC, believe me. But I do believe there are saved people who remain in the RC church.

Greetings TMK

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As far as Martin Luther's beliefs, all I can say is we are to look to JESUS and the BIBLE not to men. No where in the WORD does it tell us that Mary remained a virgin, or that she was born free from sin, or were we instructed to pray to her, or that she would intercede on our behalf, or that she shared in the work of the cross as co-redemptrix. Mary worship is sin, it is a form of idol worship.

I appreciate that you are not defending the RCC, as I am not attacking them. I pray all the time for those lost in its clutches. I pray they will see JESUS and come to know HIM as their LORD and SAVIOR. In this thread my intention and hope is to share with this person whom I care very deeply about while there is still time.

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/17 17:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy