SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : WE’RE CONTINUALLY BEING CHANGED by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 WE’RE CONTINUALLY BEING CHANGED by David Wilkerson

Like it or not, we all are in the process of changing in one way or another. In the spiritual realm, there is no such thing as mere existence; we are being changed, either for good or for bad. We are either becoming more like our Lord or more like the world—either growing in Christ or backsliding.

So, are you becoming more sweet-spirited, more like Jesus? Are you looking soberly in the mirror each day and praying, “Lord, I want to conform to Your image in every area of my life”?

Or has your bitterness taken root, turning into rebellion and hardness of heart? Have you learned to shield yourself from the convicting voice of God’s Spirit? Are you now spewing out things you once thought a Christian would never be capable of speaking? Are you hardening beyond change?

If this describes you, let me tell you plainly: You will never receive deliverance unless you change. Your life will only become more chaotic, and your situation will worsen. Stop building your case, pointing your finger, justifying yourself. God will not meet you until you wake up and admit, “Nothing is going to change for me unless I’m changed.”

Cry out to the Lord honestly in prayer: “Change me, O God. Dig deep in me—show me where I’ve failed and gone astray. Expose my pride, anger, stubbornness and sin. Help me to lay it all down.”

How many more experts, counselors, lonely nights and fruitless strivings must you endure before you wake up to the truth? If any healing or restoration is going to take place, you must take responsibility. Your miracle is dependent on your being changed.

“The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all” (Psalm 34:17-19).

2014/4/15 11:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy