Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Family prayer request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Family prayer request

Friends,

My mother-in-law, 86, in rather advanced Alzheimer's and now for the past 3 weeks suffering from pneumonia that did not respond to treatment, is actively dying. She has been on hospice care in the nursing home for a week after my wife and her siblings decided to try no intervention after 4 rounds of IV antibiotics failed to even "dent" the pneumonia.

This morning, it appears her kidneys have failed. She has been in some amount of pain over the weekend and comfort measures are in place.

My mother in law is a true Christian prayer warrior, saint of God. Time will fail me to go on about her and the impact she had in my own salvation and learning Christ. She was my living, human example of this faith we share. She is a humble little country woman who has lived a life closely with the Lord. An easy smile and loving words of encouragement were always coupled with any correction or teaching.

The family has come to terms with the fact that it is her time to go home with Jesus. Now, we simply pray that she will let go of this mortal life and go with Him easily. I ask you to pray with us today that my mother-in-law will flee to the welcoming arms of her Lord and Savior when He beckons her to come, that she will not be troubled even in her Alzheimer's ridden mind about this life, and that she will pass without great physical struggle as her body clings to life.

I also ask you to say a word of prayer for my wife, the youngest of 5. She has had the privilege of tending to my mother in law daily as my wife is the social worker at the nursing home where my mother in law has been since November, 2011. It was God's providence that the company my wife worked for as a supervisor lost its contract with the State of Alabama in September, 2011 and my wife took a step down professionally to take this job only to have her mother admitted about 6 weeks later. They've been together to some degree every day since. But, my wife was particularly close to her mother and will now work in that same building, etc. I'm sure you understand.

Thank you so much. I know this is a place of praying people.

2014/4/14 12:19Profile
MaryJane

Re: Family prayer request

Greetings dolfan

I will join you in prayer for your mother in law and your family. Trust in HIM during this time knowing HE loves you all so very much. I pray the LORD will be of much comfort to your wife during this time.

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/14 13:25Profile
pernvic

Praying now! Please pray for my daughter Teresa, she is missing and using heroin so I am concerned all the time waiting for a call telling me someone found her body somewhere.

2014/4/14 13:33Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Praying for you all brother that the Lord will answer your requests and surround your mother-in-law with great peace.

2014/4/14 15:55Profile
mama27

Re:

Wasn't able to respond until now, but I saw the request this morning and have been praying for your mother-in-law. Also for Teresa....please keep us posted....

2014/4/14 23:17Profile
dolfan

Re:

Thanks so much. As we all try to work as much as we can while this is happening, my wife spent the night by her mother's bedside again and is home readying for work, albeit late.

I am thankful that God saw fit to place my wife in her job at the nursing home when he did, where he did. She is positively broken hearted.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

2014/4/15 10:46Profile
mama27

Re:

I so "get it", Dolfan. Sat at my mother's deathbed last July, and that of my favorite aunt a month ago. May your wife be able to find great comfort in the knowledge that her mother knows the Lord....may God give that peace that passes all understanding....lifting you all up in prayer....

2014/4/15 10:50Profile
dolfan

Re: Teresa

I pray for Teresa, Lord.

Please reach out to her, send someone to her anointed by you to speak the truth in love to Teresa.

Please preserve her from death, save her to life eternal, bring her to a timely moment of clarity and to the end of herself. Place your guard over her and draw her to yourself, O, Lord.

We believe the report of the Lord. We believe the faithfulness of God. We believe it is not your will that Teresa should perish, but have everlasting life. We pray according to your will, Lord. Do as you have spoken in your word, and have mercy on this woman and grant peace to your servants who love Teresa and want her to come to life and not to harm.

Amen.

2014/4/15 10:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy