SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pope Francis worships Lucifer openly

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Ahh, where to start? The biggest to me is that the Pope takes the place of Christ on earth. From this position, so many deceptions are rooted.

2014/4/8 9:54
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Please understand that setting the record straight regarding the OP does not mean there is any condoning of the Catholic Church.

I agree that the RCC is a devilish system.

But I personally don't like to see untruths cast about. I don't agree with the system of Calvinism but If I see someone blatantly misrepresenting one of its tenets (i.e. setting up a straw man) I will have to say something.

Like I said there is enough wrong about the RCC to be getting on with without having to fabricate things. Pope Francis is misguided but I doubt seriously that he is a devil worshiper.

2014/4/8 9:56Profile
MaryJane

Re:

TMK wrote:Like I said there is enough wrong about the RCC to be getting on with without having to fabricate things. Pope Francis is misguided but I doubt seriously that he is a devil worshiper.

That is an interesting statement.(not saying this man openly worships the devil) However I was thinking about this the other day, if someone does not follow CHRIST and live righteously, the WORD tells us they are children of the devil. So does that mean those who are in rebellion to GOD, who live following after false teachings and religions(sinning) are children of the devil whether they realize they are or not??????

1John 3:10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

God bless
mj

2014/4/8 10:09Profile

Re:

I agree TMK. I believe several people thanked Andrew for the correct translation. We don't need to fabricate as the RCC does.

2014/4/8 10:17
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Just to clarify my last post, I was not attempting to speak only to the pope in my reference but in a more general way. Since the BIBLE tells us those who do not follow JESUS are children of the devil, would that mean they are in fact following after the devil even if they are deceived into doing so????

Of course this question is off topic from the OP and perhaps is better to be discussed another time in another thread. It was just something that was on my mind and TMK comment made me think of it again.

God bless
mj

2014/4/8 11:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi MJ--

I agree with you in sense. Unbelievers in a sense are following the devil because the devil is leading them into unbelief. There is a distinction I think in passive following vs active worship of the devil. None of the non Christians I personally know are satanists. Rather they are simply passive non-disciples of Jesus.

In fact I believe the devil actively blesses people to keep them from believing. It is certainly in his power to do so.

2014/4/8 11:52Profile

Re:

The Devil knows that he is the father of everyone who does not have God as their Father.

Two fathers:

Devil
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Matt 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

God the Father of Christ Jesus
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Religion says that all men are children of God, but we know who is behind the religious system.

2014/4/8 12:27
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Many Puritans and reformers believed that the antichrist would come to power through the catholic church. I concur with this, although I believe Mystery, Babylon The Great encompasses all man made religion. The catholic church is the head of this.

2014/4/8 13:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yes, I decided to translate the latin on "Google Translate" to English (although the results are not the best) means the same thing. It does say that Christ is the son of Lucifer. Now, just a question, wasn't Jesus referred to as a Day Star or morning star in Revelation as well?

Would be interested to hear if this was done from the audio of the singing or something else?

Quote:
A simple reading of the English in both received and replaced texts clearly shows that the term lucifer is being used for Morning Star and that the Morning Star is Christ Himself. The prayer is offered to the Father and spoken to the congregation.

Agreed brother, but in the video I wonder if the latin is different or changed at all? I wonder if there is any believer who is able to read and speak latin that could dis-pher this?

2014/4/8 16:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
Agreed brother, but in the video I wonder if the latin is different or changed at all? I wonder if there is any believer who is able to read and speak latin that could dis-pher this? Greg

The whole Stanza is as follows:

Orámus ergo the, Dómine, ut céreus site in honórem tui nóminis consecrátus, ad noctis humus calíginem destruéndam, indefíciens persevéret. Et in odórem suavitátis accéptus, supérnis lumináribus misceátur.Flammas emus lúcifer matutínus invéniat: ille, inquam, Lúcifer, qui nescit occásum. Christus Fílius thus, qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit, et vivid et regnat in sæcula sæculórum.R/ Amen.

The sung part in the clip begins as follows:

supérnis lumináribus misceátur.Flammas emus lúcifer matutínus invéniat: ille, inquam, Lúcifer, qui nescit occásum. Christus Fílius thus, qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit, et vivid et regnat in sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

There is one word added to the official text and it is the word tēcum. This word is added as follows:

supérnis lumináribus misceátur.Flammas emus lúcifer matutínus invéniat: ille, inquam, Lúcifer, qui nescit occásum. Christus Fílius thus, qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit, et [tēcum] vivid et regnat in sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

The effect of adding in the latin tēcum on the English idiom is as follows:

Therefore, O Lord,we pray you that this candle, hallowed to the honour of your name, may persevere undimmed, to overcome the darkness of this night. Receive it as a pleasing fragrance, and let it mingle with the lights of heaven. May this flame be found still burning by the Morning Star: the one Morning Star who never sets, Christ your Son, who, coming back from death’s domain, has shed his peaceful light on humanity, [with you or in agreement with you] and lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

The addition is a vocative cue to the ecclesia to be ready to sing Amen.

Apart from that the words are exactly as per the official Latin as quoted and therefore are as the official English as quoted.

2014/4/8 17:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy