SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : N. Korean Prison Camp Survivors Speak

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 N. Korean Prison Camp Survivors Speak

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Two survivors of the North Korean prison camps spoke at the UN Commission on Human Rights, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and at the EU, a UK-based a Christian human rights charity reported Monday.

The two survivors, both Christians, were imprisoned at the Yodok Political Prison Camp and suffered “appalling abuses,” according to Christian Solidarity Worldwide.

“In a political prison camp in North Korea, one must forget that he or she is a human being,” said 49-year-old Tae Jin Kim, initially defected to China in 1986 to escape North Korea. “I had to do many things to survive. I carefully watched a dog so that I could steal its food. I ate snakes, frogs, rats and anything that could be a source of nutrition.”

As reported by CSW, 16 months after becoming Christian, Kim was repatriated by the Chinese authorities and a Bible was discovered in his belongings.

“He suffered severe torture and interrogation in the eight months following his return, to the extent that he swallowed a nail, preferring to undergo an operation than stay in the cell,” CSW reported. “He was subsequently imprisoned without trial in Yodok Political Prison Camp (No 15) where he experienced barbarous treatment, including being beaten with burning wood. He was forced to carry out hard labor on minimal food intake and beaten unconscious when too weak to carry out his tasks.”

2005/4/10 12:36Profile

Re: N. Korean Prison Camp Survivors Speak

Reading reports like these makes me thankful that I live in this country and that all arguements on these forums are foolishness in camparison to this.

Karl

2005/4/10 14:30

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy