SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A fairly even handed review of "Noah"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

These reviews are good if you have kids and if you don't want to be surprised by something that you may regret.

2014/3/29 23:47
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

reply to cryinthenite:
start quote:
"So if Ken Ham watched the movie and judged it I think anyone can do the same for themselves. So he can tell what a true christian is with his 6 man panel! O the irony!"
end quote:

Hi cryinthenite,

I am not sure if there was something Mr. Ham did that offended you or upset you but honest to say your tone in the quote above does not seem to be very humble or Spirit led in my opinion but filled with an agenda against Mr. Ham. I could be wrong, but that is how it reads to me. I don't know him very well myself, apart from the debate he recently had with Bill Nye and the video that brother Greg posted about the movie critique, of which I really felt he was coming from a genuine heart of concern for fellow believers. I really didn't get the sense that he was trying to show off or act like some sort of pompous know it all trying to boss people around in any way shape or form. If even half of what he said is true regarding the movie, there is plenteous reason not to watch the movie, not because it is Ken Ham who said it, but because the information he presented is a cause for alarm amongst the Christian community, especially because it is being advertised as being "faithful to the biblical depiction" which is flat out false advertising and deceiving. Also, no one said that you have to do anything. By all means, you have all the right to do as you want, but as others have mentioned, it would be wise to listen to what notable and respectable brothers in the faith have said and take heed which requires a degree of humility and tenderness of heart to do so, but that ultimately comes down to your choice. And let me affirm that I don't write this to be contentious by any means, but want to see truth and love prevail in your heart as well as mine. I hope you prayerfully consider what I and others have mentioned and ask the Lord what He thinks of the matter.

Blessings,

Brother Will

2014/3/30 3:48Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Who cares, seriously, cause the world doesn't. This has got nothing to do with an accurate exegesis of Noah. Its a movie, if you have a problem, praise God and move on. If you don't have a problem, praise God and move on.

If you want to go have an accurate exegesis go to a bible school of your choice. My word! If anything this gives believers an awesome opportunity to tell the world about the greatest act of divine deliverance.

Stop being polarized by the knowledge of good* and evil and talk about the only tree that does bring life, JESUS!

*edited- God->good

2014/3/30 7:11Profile
cryinthenite

Re:

I like Ken Ham, I like movie reviews, I even like Bill Nye. My point is let people judge for themselves before God don't call them true or not true Christians. I went with my son to see the movie and we did not like it at all but it got him talking with me about the Lord the rest of the day. So in my case the movie was a blessing. Hollywood will never make a Christian movie in my opinion so there is mine.

2014/3/30 12:17Profile

Re:

Wow I have never seen so much talk over such worldly baubles...the Christian community is in such a "state" over this useless movie! Next we will be discussing the merits of various stocks on Wall Street, lol.

This is Hollyweird folks! Nothing coming out of that place has any remote resemblance to true Christianity, it is controlled entirely by the Prince of the power of the air. I doubt there are any saved or "true" Christians making blockbuster movies in Hollyweird, or for that matter creating anything that is being consumed for this world, including all forms of entertainment and mass produced consumer products etc. Even what passes as "Christianity" has largely now become nothing more than "the world" dressed in Christian clothes.

So as much as we might be grieved by all these things, there is no escaping "this world". However it is a fruitless exercise that usually turns into legalism when we attempt to "legislate" holiness or set forth what "true" Christians should or should not be doing. Perhaps we should let each man do what the Holy Spirit guides him to do in regard to all these things? As someone said to me recently, if God leads you to not watch TV or movies or drink alcohol, praise Him and keep it to yourself. And if God allows you to watch TV and movies or drink alcohol then praise Him and keep that to yourself too.

Recently there was a hullabaloo over discussing the failings of Christian leaders and ministries, (although it seems this doesn't apply to World Vision), but I digress. The reason is because we delve into things of which we do not know and attempt to judge the thoughts and motives of men's hearts. These pursuits are an ungodly focus that do not glorify Christ. Now, if that is so, then how much more is it a worthless pursuit to be discussing and picking apart Hollyweirds movies?

Finally, to where I believe cryinthenight was going. If Ken ham believes it is a worthwhile and apparently harmless exercise for him and the other 6 Christians to watch this movie, then there should be no cause for concern for any other "true" believers either. Maybe it's just me but for another believer to set himself up as an authority as to what are the good or bad things that we should be tasting or touching just seems so "old covenant", which is hard for me to say because I am very conservative in my views. I have learned however that you have to let people come to follow the Holy Spirit and follow His leading themselves.

This is all just my paltry 2cents but I am convinced it is not even worth that much:)

2014/3/30 14:47
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

God has shown me that he is using this movie to expose how bent up we as Evangelicals get over things that don't really matter. We are so caught up in our petty little causes. Get over it already my brethren. A year from now you won't even remember this movie coming out.

2014/3/30 15:36Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Back door movie truth

It has been a few years now, but Jim Carey and Morgan Freeman starred in a movie called "Bruce Almighty." It was a silly movie, strictly comedy- but many in Hollywood did not like it at all. Despite the great liberties taken with Theology, there were some very pointed truths in the movie about the character of God.

Bruce becomes entrusted by "God" with almighty powers for a time while "God" takes a much needed vacation. Bruce is a self centered appetite who plays with the tremendous powers he now has, and does nothing but mess things up. It is a profound illustration of all the things God cannot do, and the main thing Bruce can't do is to force his angry girlfriend to love him.

"God," aka Morgan Freeman, says poignantly, "Welcome to My world."

No, the movie is not to be recommended for accurate spiritual teaching. But somehow, it appears that God who will not be mocked squeezed in some truth anyway.

I have not seen the Noah movie, probably won't. But I don't put it past God to speak to some hearts in it anyway. He is always looking through our human stuff for new souls, lost souls, searching souls.

2014/3/30 15:59Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I think nursery room wallpaper does more violence to the story of Noah than this Hollywood movie.

2014/3/30 16:12Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

nursery room wallpaper......I totally agree.

2014/3/30 18:44Profile
staff

Re:

hi cryinthenite,
you have said what was on my mind,Staff

2014/3/30 19:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy